Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#4,335 ·
Re: Annnnnndddddd Houston is plummeting! #Linsanity

It was for cap relief. Nothing but cap relief and probably to ensure that they didn't have to trade one of their starters instead. CHEAP OWNERS. I think their team can contend this season, they should have given the full roster a chance before making any moves and if it failed again trade ZBO or Gay.

#4,340 ·

someone is finally signing West? About fucking time. Lakers should have done so a long time ago.

I did as well Xile, I thought Gay was heading over to the Cavs and I was questioning a lot of it as they still need a strong front court player to really excel and I don't think either Thompson/Zeller fits that role. If somehow win the lottery this year and manage to get Noels or the other top big then they're fucking sit for the future. And then Lebron will come back too. :side:

#4,341 ·

Thompson is a solid starter. The Cavs do need a center though. If they get a top 3 pick, they'll pick Zeller assuming he doesn't go beforehand.

Only way I could see Rudy Gay ending up in Cleveland if he was in a three-team trade. I just don't see Cleveland having the pieces to be able to do it. I just can't see Memphis trading Gay for the likes of Dion Waiters & C.J. Miles. I doubt they're that desperate.

#4,342 ·

I'm still unsure of what is going on with the Sacramento and Seattle Kings deal, but they should compromise. They should become the Seacramenttle SuperKings and play home games in both Seattle and Sacramento. Two home courts, two fan bases, one super team. That practically advertises itself.

#4,344 ·

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was shelved when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

King will still look around for an attractive piece for the Lakers, but won’t make getting Howard as big a priority as last season, according to sources. But he will continue to watch the Lakers and explore intriguing trade options, sources said.
heh.

#4,345 ·

Who cares if Love is hurt. That is a must accept by LA in my opinion. Trade Howard for Love now, and let D'Antoni run a small lineup with Nash, Kobe, World Peace, Clark, and Gasol.

Plus c'mon, "Love LA" would be a great marketing slogan for the future star.

#4,350 ·

Derrick Rose underwent the "next step" in his recovery from a torn ACL -- clearance for full contact drills in Chicago Bulls practice.

"He’s been cleared for more contact so we went to the next step today," coach Tom Thibodeau said on Tuesday following a light film and shooting session at the Berto Center.

Rose went in games against teammates, most likely 3-on-3 matches. Still, all signs point to Rose returning to the court sometime after the All-Star break.

"It’s going to be awhile," Thibodeau said. "It’s the next step in his rehab. Everyone has to be patient. He’s doing fine. He’s playing more, practicing more. We want him to concentrate on his rehab. We want the team to continue concentrating on improvement and the next opponent. Nothing has changed."
:mark: :mark:

#4,351 ·

I figured the Bulls would still be near the top even without him. I'm expecting him to come back and do something INSANE in his first game. Probably will start off slow otherwise but come playoffs I'm sure he'll be ready. Explosion's the first thing I wanna see from him, will he still have it?

#4,360 ·

Notorious: am I right in saying that Kobe is a detriment to the team with the way he has played this year? Slows the offense down with one-on-one isolation, doesn't look to pass. On defense, people give him credit like he is still a great defender. Kobe is average at this stage. Terrible off the ball defender -- he has lapses all the time. Much better on the ball, but really just average defensively. I'd say the 4th best defender in the starting lineup (Dwight, Metta, Earl the pearl, then Kobe).

Thoughts on this? UDK, Dub, and scrilla wanted to crucify me a week or two ago when I posted this in the chatbox. Am I off base and inaccurate?

#4,365 ·

Notorious: am I right in saying that Kobe is a detriment to the team with the way he has played this year? Slows the offense down with one-on-one isolation, doesn't look to pass. On defense, people give him credit like he is still a great defender. Kobe is average at this stage. Terrible off the ball defender -- he has lapses all the time. Much better on the ball, but really just average defensively. I'd say the 4th best defender in the starting lineup (Dwight, Metta, Earl the pearl, then Kobe).

Thoughts on this? UDK, Dub, and scrilla wanted to crucify me a week or two ago when I posted this in the chatbox. Am I off base and inaccurate?
The Lakers are a mess from top to bottom, Kobe included.

People want to say Kobe is carrying the team. But numbers show that when Kobe shoots more, the team is worse. How is it that when your star player shoots more, your team plays worse?

Kobe is part of the problem too. He has his issues on offense and he gives a half-ass effort on defense.

At the rate they're going they need to blow the team up, but that's unlikely.

#4,362 ·

And one thing to point out, Paxon said he wont allow Rose to play until he participates in practice in back-to-backs, on consecutive weeks, which if you recall, Rose hasn't even practiced in a full practice with no limitations yet. So at the very least, if he's clear this week, we're looking at 10-14 days at the minimum.

#4,366 ·

And one thing to point out, Paxon said he wont allow Rose to play until he participates in practice in back-to-backs, on consecutive weeks, which if you recall, Rose hasn't even practiced in a full practice with no limitations yet. So at the very least, if he's clear this week, we're looking at 10-14 days at the minimum.
Getting closer to #THERETURN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.