Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

View Single Post

Old 12-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #56 (permalink)
KeepinItReal
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000KeepinItReal 501 - 1000
Default Re: Here comes another Cena heel turn thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Roids View Post
He is not on the same level as Rock. and how do you know cena is really a nice guy? mark my words the man will get exposed some day as the biggest masterpolitician of his era. He will be named in the same sentence as men like HH and HHH.
I'm not saying he's as good as the Rock, I'm saying he's pretty much as popular as he was. Major ratings draw, but not as big as Hogan or Austin. If I'm wrong I'd like to hear it, but I think only Hogan or Austin are in a higher category then the other major stars from the modern era. I don't mean to insult anyone by comparison to Cena; HBK and Hart were incredible, but like Cena, they were the big stars during mediocre years for the company. Rock was there when it was really popular, but only because of Austin; the ratings drop which we continue to suffer through today began right around when Austin got his big back injury in November 1999.

Yeah, that's true, I can't say I know he's a nice guy. But I do think he does a great job of realistically playing a nice guy, and realism is all you can ask for in wrestling. The fact that older fans don't like Cena doesn't change the fact that he's doing a great job of playing a very popular character.
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote