Votes: 149 11.9%
  • Reigns

Votes: 297 23.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shield Discussion Thread

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Endors Toi 
#1 · (Edited)
All discussion on Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins goes here.

See less See more
1 1
#6,400 ·
I voted Rollins when this thread was only 1 page and I must say I don't regret it. Even his voice is perfect. He sounds like a crow.

#6,402 ·
Reigns looks impressive because he has two very impressive partners. He's decent, will be something in the future, but right now he's just all looks.

And I don't know if I would use the word "calculating" to describe the Moxley-Ambrose character. He's a creature of moods and obsessions too much to be a chessmaster. Focused, sure. But unpredictable about it. (See: the Regal feud.)

#6,404 ·
There's an article on Bleacherreport about which member of The Shield has the most potential.
READ IT HERE

It's basically the same discussion we have in this thread everyday, but one of the comments to the article is really funny.

In this order,
1. Dean Ambrose
2. Seth Rollins
3. "secret" member of The Shield
4. Diva that will soon be part of the Shield
5. Janitor that cleans up after the Shield's trash
6. Pet Mascot of the Shield
7. The Shield's Black Vests
8. The Shield's Motto (believe in the Shield)
9. Their entrance Song
10. Their entrance style
11. Roman Reigns
I don't necessarily agree with it, but I enjoyed it.

#6,405 ·
regarding the 'try hard'/exit debate: Ambrose's character just seems to want to have fun and do things that make himself smile, most of the time it means beating people up for justice, but occasionally it means doing funny little things like that.

I'm loathe to get into the Ambrose/Joker debate, but an obvious comparison is Joker skipping and telling himself jokes while he's kicking about killing folk.

#6,413 ·
I think most people here that say about how good Ambrose is are saying that partly because they have seen how good he CAN be. I think he's holding back a lot right now in his current role to fit in better as part of a team. I think when he eventually goes solo you'll see a much darker and twisted side to him. I like that he seems to be putting lots of effort into getting the shield looking good rather than just hey look at me kinda thing.

Rollins is the one impressing me most though. I admit when the shield started up I was in the camp thinking he would be a terrible heel as he is a natural face. I'm starting to really look forward to seeing him in the matches though. That high knee off the top rope is awesome!

Reings gets better as the weeks go by but just doesn't have the experience of the other two. I can't think of a better group for him to improve in though. Ambrose and Rollins are allowing him time to shine while covering any weaknesses he has.

#6,415 ·
How is Ambrose trying too hard? It's better than apparently not giving a fuck which is what 90% of the roster does. He's doing the best he can with what he's given.

Also marked at WWE.com referring to Ambrose as the leader in an article about the Shields win at Elimination Chamber :mark:

#6,417 ·
Shield was so awesome on RAW.

Rolling was great.
I find myself beeing impressed every time he's on the mic now and writing that down everytime I'm in that thread, like it's something new to me.
Ambrose is an awesome teacher man. Fuck.
It was like watching a father observing his sons and smile proudly. :lol
Best part was Ambrose and Reigns watching Rollins and laugh and cheer like he spelled the last word in a contest right. :lmao
Also, Rollins RKO sell was fantastic.
And don't think too much about that "Rollins alone in the ring"-thing. I'm sure it means nothing. :)

So cool!!!!! :bateman
Need to watch NxT and SD now. Bye.

#6,420 ·
I wish he was doing the joker-voice right now, because compared to what he did before with it, he's just talking normal atm.

I think the reason some feel Ambrose is trying too hard is because he's being so fucking intense on the mic lately. Ambrose is at its best when he's calm, stutter and creepy - that's what I'm missing from him right now. When we eventually get that, more critics might warm up to him. If it's his facial expressions, well that's just him being him. That's what makes him so unusual/fun. Let the other two guys have normal boring faces.

Personally I think he's perf either way.

#6,430 ·
Golly, this Ambrose dick sucking is just pushing the limit. Guy's good.......let's stop trying to make it seem like he is the best thing since slice bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.