Votes: 149 11.9%
  • Reigns

Votes: 297 23.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shield Discussion Thread

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Endors Toi 
#1 · (Edited)
All discussion on Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins goes here.

See less See more
1 1
#6,700 ·
You know with Dean having ( to me) such a fantastic body, arguably the best out of the three I dont understand why he covers up more than Seth and Roman. For that...he's a dick and a tease.

As for the appeal to him I wouldnt say it's some need to "fix him" he really is attractive. Maybe not in a supermodel way, but he has beautiful eyes, great smile with matching teeth, cute cheeks, nice head of hair and a sexy voice.

Personality wise outside the ring he comes off more adorable, goofy versus his character which is just so swag (see my sig) and he carries himself like a boss. I love the duality, it really is good and evil and each side is sexy in its own way.
---------------

Alright back to wrestling talk.....uh, so is Sheamus gonna be with Wade or the Shield for Mania?

That's all I got for now until tomorrow.

#6,710 ·
I was just about to say the same thing.

Come on guys...

#6,712 ·
I would have been more offended had his avatar not been Heath Slater.

Guys, if you prefer to discuss whatever related to Shield, then nobody is stopping you. Just ignore whatever that doesn't interest you. You're only making it worse by complaining about it.

#6,713 ·
Have you noticed that when the ladies don't post, this thread devolves into "Orton is the leader of The Shield!" "Nuh-uh!" and "Stupid indie marks!"

Back on topic: Dat back. Those muscles right where the tank top cuts away. The back of those arms.

. . .y'all, where did my panties go?

#6,715 ·
Back on topic: Dat back. Those muscles right where the tank top cuts away. The back of those arms.

. . .y'all, where did my panties go?
I also like how Ambrose hasn't thrown a bucket of water on his head in the photos. Seems like they always do that on Raw right before they come in.

Btw - found a video of them at some house show cutting a promo after beating Gabriel, and facing Team Superfriends.

So much hate for them in the beginning. :mark:

#6,714 ·
The Sield is just awesome.Ambrose is so talented overall(Wrestling,promos,demeanour,facial antics).Seth is a superb in ring talent.And Reigns is my personal favourite of the three.He needs to work on his in ring style and promos though!

#6,716 ·
I didn't like the promo on NXT. Repetitive. Ambrose starts strong, he does his best but theirs not a whole lot of substance to it. Rollins spews out something random hoping to impress but it's just a lot of words and no real passion in his delivery and then Reigns spits out the same line he's been saying for months. We get it guys, no one can stop you... though didn't you all run scared of Big E Langston?

I'm hoping we get more in-ring promos from now on. The camera in the unknown location was cool at first, but it's gotten old. I feel all three impress me more when they are in front of the crowd. Roman really steps it up and you can Ambrose encourage them with nods, smiles and pats on the back, like he did with Reigns just a week or so back.

#6,722 ·
I didn't like the promo on NXT. Repetitive. Ambrose starts strong, he does his best but theirs not a whole lot of substance to it. Rollins spews out something random hoping to impress but it's just a lot of words and no real passion in his delivery and then Reigns spits out the same line he's been saying for months. We get it guys, no one can stop you... though didn't you all run scared of Big E Langston?
I fully agree with the repetitiveness in that NXT promo. It really showed and it didn't help the fact that most of the guys they've been facing/beating are doing just fine now, especially Cena... so it didn't really connect. That's the only thing that bothers me with them - their purpose/goals hasn't truly set a big mark. Maybe facing the top guys are the reason; WWE can't afford to let them be put down when we're in WM season. I like to think they're being mysterious/cryptic with this 'believe in the shield' bit to a big payoff in the end to make up for all these justice talk.

The camera isn't an issue, I actually quite like it. They just need to use it when addressing people specifically, instead of justice this/justice that every time.

As for WM, I've a good feeling they'll go over with one of the faces turning heel, but if they lose in a good match, then it can't hurt them that much either. It's a matter of how they come back from it.

#6,718 ·
I think they could eat a loss and not suffer too badly. Now that we've basically sorted out that it will be Orton-Sheamus-Show, though, I don't think they'll take the L. Those three can't get along, won't work together, and have no grasp of team tactics.

#6,719 ·
Don't think The Shield will lose at Mania. Orton/Sheamus/Show don't get along, as previously said, and there's the possibility of a Orton heel turn to cost his team the win, which would be great because The Shield would still be undefeated and it could set up a fresh Orton/Sheamus program.

#6,724 ·
It makes perfect sense, from a storyline standpoint. You have 3 top guys who don't work together and only marginally trust each other. On the other hand, you have 3 hungry, ambitious young guys who work together like a well-drilled team and are willing to do shady things to win.

#6,727 ·
I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before. You have an huge indy star in Dean Ambrose who has been hyped to the moon on this forum. You have another indy star in Seth Rollins who got decent hype but nothing near the hype of Ambrose and then Roman Reigns the WWE "look" guy who people here tend to frown upon. They make their debut together and what happens? The one frowned upon becomes The Beast of the group. I'm talking beyond the IWC here. The people I know who watch wrestling casually all talk about Reigns as the one from The Shield. I just want to see the big dude Goldberg somebody when they come out. He's a beast. He's jacked. From what I can see the only things that can stop Roman Reigns is a bad push or himself. Rollins gets lost in the pack alot. But, when he is giving a chance to do his moves he comes across better. I see him having a Jeff Hardy type career. Ambrose hasn't lived up to expectations but nobody could've he was just to overhyped. He's been solid to great. He is unique and I see a lot of Brian Pillman in him Roddy Piper to.

#6,729 ·
As all are saying here commentary really doesn't put across to average fan why shield are beating the super friends. JBL is doing his best to explain that they're winning because fighting as a team rather than the others who are all great on their own but they remain individuals in a team sport. Cole and King just keep going on the same things about the pack of dogs mentality when really they are doing some great stuff. I really love the fast paced action once they start doing 2 tags in at same time.

Would rather everyone spent time discussing Dean's back and Roman's hair and Seth's elbows or whatever than there be even a 1% chance that Randy is in any way to become a part of shield.

#6,730 ·
Booker T was unintentionally hilarious on commentary, whereas he's just plain awful as GM most of time.
As all are saying here commentary really doesn't put across to average fan why shield are beating the super friends. JBL is doing his best to explain that they're winning because fighting as a team rather than the others who are all great on their own but they remain individuals in a team sport. Cole and King just keep going on the same things about the pack of dogs mentality when really they are doing some great stuff. I really love the fast paced action once they start doing 2 tags in at same time.
JBL has been the best at putting them over. He talks up their teamwork, their unity, calls him the best working team he's seen, JBL speaking the truth. Cole and King are stupid, fair enough them talking about their a pack of dog mentality when they attack someone 3 on 1, but when they beat people when the odds are even they don't give them the credit they deserve.

#6,739 ·
They just had a match on Raw a couple of weeks ago. Although I do wish they had more, the writer's likely wanna take it slow bringing them into the show in terms of matches.

Plus it builds up anticipation for their PPV matches if you make the fans wait and for once it's actually worth the wait.

I suspect after Mania they'll have more matches (hopefully) individually on Raw, but I could be wrong as I have no clue what direction they're taking these guys in which is kind of scary because if we dont know then there's a good chance the writer's dont either.

#6,744 ·
Yeah, the Shield have been doing the same shit over and over. I want to see their true wrestling technique because I know they can. Instead, they mostly jump people, use dirty tactics to end most of their matches and that's that. They probably already did, but it was probably during house shows/dark matches.

#6,753 ·
I am a total fan of The Shield and that is why I want them to be more diverse in the televised product....

And they are heels right now, they should be wrestling singles and traditional tag matches with the other guys at ringside interfering because that's what heels do. Or something else...

Just something beyond what they do seemingly every week. It was fine when they were being introduced, but they have PPV wins now... They have won big on RAW. they are beyond the introduction stage.... It's time to expand the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.