Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - READY, STEADY, ALASTAIR COOK's Cricket Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #563 (permalink)
DarthSimian
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

DarthSimian DarthSimian DarthSimian DarthSimian DarthSimian DarthSimian DarthSimian DarthSimian DarthSimian DarthSimian DarthSimian
Default Re: Cricket Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLY View Post
So you're saying it's better to fill a 20k stadium than 60k in a larger stadium? Are you okay?
That is not even close to understanding what I said
The point was that if it was a larger stadium it could have had a better attendance that what is officially reported

Quote:
That's because sachin is a skillful cricketer and there's no skill in 20/20 it's just smashing every ball to the boundary. 20/20 is for cricketers that have no heart like Shaun Tait who can't handle bowling more than a few overs. Tests is a mans game and I believe playing 20/20 too much actually makes batsman and bowlers play worse. Because they don't need to worry about their technique, or concentrating or any of that shit that you need to do in tests.
Wrong.

T20 skilslet is different from test skillset. Not that one is better than the other. Test and T20 are just different forms of cricket and equally important. Whether you like them or not is purely a personal opinion. I hate tests, you like tests. As simple as that.

T20 is not just smashing to the boundary. It requires the specific skill of playing under time pressure for batsmen and restricting runs for bowlers. You can have your opinion but according to me, a T20 skillset is more important than that of tests.

In any case, tests are a dying breed and more and more boards are up in favor of limited over cricket rather than tests - especially since hardly a handful of people come to watch tests in most countries.

Sheamus
Drew McIntyre
C M Punk
Kane
John Cena
DarthSimian is offline   Reply With Quote