Wrestling Forum banner

WrestleMania moving to 5 hrs?

3K views 24 replies 25 participants last post by  xdoomsayerx 
#1 ·
How would you feel about this?

#6 ·
If the card was stacked tih enough quality and the extra hour was added before, then I think I could take it.

I.e. 5 hours would be OK if for WM29 they had Rock v Cena, Lesnar v HHH, Punk v Taker, Orton v Sheamus, Cara v Rey, Ryback v Show and a MITB match. They could get a good 3 and 1/2 hours of match time out of that, couple in entrances, a few of small matches (divas, IC, celeb) and some predictable adverts to fill the time.

#7 ·
I love the move to 5 hours fine

truth be told they need to make their big PPVs (RR/WM/S-Slam/S-Series) 6 hours and the others 4

5 is great

6 is perfect

#8 ·
First, when you create a thread posing a question maybe you should try to give your thoughts on the subject matter to kick-start the discussion.

I think four hours is long enough and I agree with Gimmicky that they need to better manage their time. I'd prefer a good 10-15 minute feature match over a goofy backstage skit or an 18 second opening squash match.

WrestleMania 30 might be five hours like WrestleMania XX was because it's a huge milestone and they would want to get even more stars on the card as possible.

#9 ·
4 hours is a bit much as it is, the show can wear on, they just rarely manage it well and end up completely fucking it up. Rather than giving 20-30 minutes to a Daniel Bryan match they'd give to a fucking HHH/Undertaker entrance.

I wouldn't trust them with 5 hours. Probably just a way to pile in more advertising, recaps and gimmicks. Fuck that.

#18 · (Edited)
Five hours? I guess it depends on how they use the extra time. I think that the card is going to be pretty stacked next year - they've got a wealth of great talent that deserves to be showcased in matches allocated appropriate amounts of time. For example, with CM Punk, The Rock, John Cena, Brock Lesnar, the Undertaker and (possibly) Triple H involved, you're looking at about 90 minutes of matches right there (plus 90 minutes for the Undertaker to make his way to the ring). The World Championship shouldn't be a 19 second squash this year, either. They owe Daniel Bryan for last year's fucking debacle - hopefully he'll get a decent (or at least competetive) match this year, and with guys like the Shield and Ryback jostling for a decent spot on the card, it looks like Wrestlemania will have to be quite long next year just to fit everybody in.

#19 ·
5 hours is too long, fact. I remember Wrestlemania XX and I was literally keeping my eyes open with matchsticks at the end. Weren't fans leaving early from that too because sitting that long was too much?

4 is fine if the time is managed accordingly as people have pointed out.

#22 ·
why add an extra hour? it would stretch it out too much.

#24 ·
Does the current product/roster really warrant 5 hours?

I could understand if at the same Wrestlemania, they had Austin, Rock, HHH, Brock, Undertaker and another big name all returning, as it provides enough big name matches and allows for a strong undercard. But even then, it likely will won't be a 3 hour show, with over an hour of performances, ceremonies and other random shit.

I think 4 hours is perfect, unless like someone else said, it's an anniversary show. Otherwise, the only way 5 hours or more would truly work is if they included the HOF ceremony.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.