Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 12-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #2551 (permalink)
Jack Evans 187
The Conqueror

Jack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselves
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

After rewatching Extreme Rules...

World Heavyweight Championship - 2 out of 3 Falls
Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

For a pretty damn long time, THIS was actually my MOTY. Absolutely adored it watching it live, and still do, but it's not as good this time around. First fall was a great back and forths match on its own. Incredible how well it was conveyed that Bryan could basically run circles around Sheamus and not even break a sweat while Sheamus was huffin and puffin 5 minutes in. Brilliant gameplan for Bryan to attack the arm leading into the 2nd fall. Don't really have a problem with Sheamus "passing out" because it lets the champ look strong & also showed how relentless Bryan could be. 3rd fall was mark out time. Great build from start to finish and I loved the stiffness. Great selling from Sheamus too as he turned his back for every kick he took to protect his left arm. My only real gripe was the finish that came off a bit flat for all the work they'd put in. Still an awesome match that was honestly a groundbreaker in my eyes because both guys came out looking like they truly belonged in a main event spot. Sheamus really held his own (first time I saw him use the clover leaf) and Bryan showed maybe 60% of what he's truly capable of. Thumbs up for me. ****

WWE Championship - Chicago Street Fight
CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho

Have this match in any other city in the country and it won't feel as special, for obvious reasons. They had it in Chicago, so the crowd added quite a bit to this. Sure the match was a little long & had a few awkward moments (some were covered up nicely though), but I loved so many little things throughout. Jericho was great in this. Loved how he used the ref a couple times, especially for the Ric Flair eye poke, & I couldn't help but laugh every time I heard him say "Are you drunk? You piece of TRASH!" Loved how Punk went nuts after Jericho tried to attack his sister, nice touch using the top of the announce table as an actual table too. FIRE EXTINGUISHER! The last few minutes is really where it's at though. So much creativity. The Anaconda Vice spot where Jericho teases the kendo stick and then comes back was INCREDIBLY well done. Really believable near finish there. Sudden codebreaker on the chair was also great. Just a pretty awesome match with a great atmosphere. Dig it. ****

Extreme Rules Match
John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. This match got the exact same reaction out of me as it did the first time. We've all seen this by now. You either love it or hate it. I fucking love it. The realest, craziest, most brutal & unpredictable thing I'll ever see in a wrestling ring. Lesnar set out to legitimize wrestling & he did it. The finish is totally fine too. Did you see that damn chain shot, people? Absolute insanity & I'm not even gonna go any deeper into it, cause you've all heard it before from the people who adore it. **** 1/2