Votes: 149 11.9%
  • Reigns

Votes: 297 23.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shield Discussion Thread

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Endors Toi 
#1 · (Edited)
All discussion on Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins goes here.

See less See more
1 1
#6,183 ·
I was impressed yet again by The Shield last night. Even though they didn't get to do much, all 3 delivered excellent promos. Clearly Ambrose is the stand-out guy, but Rollins and especially Reigns put on a good show last night.

I Love the different dynamics they have. Ambrose is the crazed one that might snap your neck, Reigns is the intense huge guy that will snap your neck, and Rollins is the more soft spoken one that will only snap your neck if it benefits him.

Interesting to see who they face at 'Mania. I'd rather not see another 6-man tag, especially involving Sheamus.

#6,184 ·
Rollins is getting quite comfortable on the mic. If you know where he started, it's even more impressive that he's on Raw cutting a promo like that.

Those little snippets of Ambrose are glorious. He's someone that absoluletly makes the most of every single opportunity he's given. On a show with Lesnar, Hunter, Punk, Cena, whoever else.. Ambrose came across as one of the stars. He's known to overact at times, this wasn't one of those times. He was pitch perfect.

Reigns is coming along as well.

#6,186 ·
I'm just disappointed with what wwe let them do last night they get like 3 minutes between them when we had 10 minutes of sheamus unfunny waffle earlier and then the same goof came out to stop the shieldy goodness. Shield are one of the best things on the show and got barely any time. Was raw any good after? I couldn't be arsed to stay up and watch the rest of the fuckery after shield time .

#6,187 ·
Oh stop. It's the same thing every week with these three men. What is their point? What is this injustice that they speak of? Heels don't ask for justice. All three men are talented, but this whole angle is going nowhere. Just because they won a 6 man tag team match at a PPV means absolutely shit. Who cares if they won last week? This group has no direction. How many times can we hear Ambrose talk about the same thing? Don't me wrong his delivery is spot on, but the whole angle is way off. I don't understand how this angle can be so popular. The only thing positive about The Shield is that they are new superstars. Other than that this angle is heading into Nowhereville.

#6,189 · (Edited)
How anyone could say Dean isn't clearly the best on the mic in the group is beyond me. Reigns and Rollins aren't bad and the jury is still kinda out on them as far as WWE level promos and mic work but Ambrose has seriously been one of the best on the stick since he was fucking Mox. When he cut a promo you could just see him being able effortlessly transition into the WWE and that's exactly what he did. I know he's an IWC darling but he's the one guy that honestly get's all praise he deserves. Most notably really focuses on details.. all his expressions and nuances in the ring are very unique and as many people have pointed out he has a Ledger-Joker like aura to him.

C'mon you didn't mark out when Ambrose said "We took care of the John Cena problem!"

#6,193 ·
I'm hoping we don't see anther 6-man tag against Sheamus and co. We've seen that a few times already and that match doesn't scream Wrestlemania. I can't see them doing anything else though.

I agree. The Shield are one of the best things about the product right now and pushing too hard and too fast would just ruin their momentum and legitimacy. This whole storyline should be a slow build and so far creative have booked them the right way. Let's hope it continues.

#6,198 ·
One thing I found quite silly was the fact that Reigns and Ambrose left the ring and Rollins stayed behind. They've been booked as this team that stick together, stay together and work together yet when those two went to confront Sheamus, Rollins didn't join in. I don't QUITE understand it.

#6,200 ·
In my opinion, the Shield has been booked strongly enough that they could take a loss and still not be too damaged. Having said that, if the loss is in a meaningless match designed to put Blandy Boreton back over. . . There are just no words for how fucked up that would be.

You've got these three young, hungry guys. They're doing all the right things, they're working hard. And you feed them to a big lump like Ryback (who is clearly still in the picture) or a guy who gives zero fucks and puts in zero effort like Orton. It would be a disgrace.

#6,205 ·
I am not here for that.

I am not here for The Shield - arguably one of the most successful intros of a new group of characters in recent memory, besides Antonio Cesaro - being bit players in their own first Wrestlemania moment so Randy Orton can turn heel. It doesn't matter if Randy Orton is a heel or a face, he doesn't give a fuck. He's showing up to collect his check. He has put NO EFFORT in anything he's done since he came back from shooting that direct to DVD nonsense.

#6,210 ·
If it is Jericho, Orton, and Sheamus vs. The Shield and they beat them at WM, do you think that would spur Ryback's heel turn? I mean, all of the losses to The Shield would have occurred whenever he was involved in the teams.

I personally love matches between Sheamus and The Shield. I have felt that Ryback has been holding them back from doing more in the ring, so seeing Jericho and Orton replace Cena and Ryback would be cool. I think if they do another 6 man tag it should have an interesting stipulation, like a war game one. Especially, since they have been using warfare tactics.

Shield fans, don't rush their push or break them up. The best thing for them to do is to continue putting on great matches and get fan support behind them, so when they do break up they can survive on their own. They are doing a great job and getting exposure with the top talents without having to worry about the credibility issues that a new solo performer would have to overcome.

All in all, these 3 are doing well and I am happy for them. :cheer :cheer :cheer for The Shield!

#6,216 ·
Hey guys I just had this idea! Since we're heading into Mania season and there is usually a couple amazing and innovative entrances there, what if the Shield gets one?

What if the Shield enters by repelling down a f**king helicopter :mark:!

After the babyfaces enter everything goes quiet until the fans in attendance wonder what's going on, then we hear a helicopter fly over the stadium, and we hear "Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta, SHIELD" and once the heavy riff starts up they all repel in unison down from the copter and land in the crowd, then head to the ring for their match!! Imagine how amazing that would be! :mark: :mark:

#6,232 ·
If the shield used a helicopter to make a entrance; like SWAT members zip-lining down from the helicopter, that would be the undisputed greatest entrance ever.

#6,229 ·
It's February 2015, the status of The Shield members leading into WM 31 is.....?

I don't imagine them still being a group in 2 years. But I do think at least 2 will be major players in the company. All 3 could be, but it will be hard in this day in age to make all 3 headliners.

I will predict either Reigns or Ambrose will be in the WWE Championship picture in 2 years time, with Rollins being more of a fringe player out of the 3.

Where do you see The Shield members in 2 years?

#6,231 ·
Honestly, I don't care to see The Shield in the Tag Title picture. That's not to say it wouldn't be interesting to see, I just think they have bigger fish to fry. Giving them the Titles would mean we would see them squash most, if not all of the established teams (which would be the silver lining) then lose them to a team like Sheamus and Ryback. This only hinders the division, IMO.

I think 3MB should be the team to beat Kane and Bryan. They need he rub more than The Shield do and they could run with the Freebird rule just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.