Votes: 149 11.9%
  • Reigns

Votes: 297 23.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shield Discussion Thread

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Endors Toi 
#1 · (Edited)
All discussion on Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins goes here.

See less See more
1 1
#6,459 ·
Gonna inject something new.

The Shield should (help) break the Streak.

#6,461 ·
Even the WWE would realise that feeding The Shield to a veteran like Big Show wouldn't do anyone any good.

From the other thread in the Smackdown forum, I predicted that Show will team with Sheamus and Orton after they persuade him to team with them. Show gives in reluctantly, and the weeks leading up to Mania show us that the levels of trust between Show and Sheamus/Orton keep fluctuating. The go home show to WM sees Show finally snap and destroy The Shield.

At Mania, the trio are still apprehensive of one another, and when it seems that The Shield are on the edge of defeat, Orton hits an RKO OUTTA NOWHERE on Sheamus cementing his heel turn, and The Shield get the victory.

Next PPV is set with Orton vs. Sheamus and Big Show vs. The Shield in a Gauntlet Match perhaps? Or 3 on 1 street fight (the idea here that his WM partners held him back, so he decides to go at it alone in a match befitting the Extreme Rules flavour, albeit unsuccessfully).

If this happened I'd be very content.

#6,464 ·
The WM match is only there to show us Ambroses finisher.

#6,466 ·
To quote Daniel Bryan, "[Fuck that] acromegalic swine The Big Show!" He should be putting over all upcoming stars at this point in his career but history has shown Del Rio to be the only one that survived a Big Show feud unscathed in recent years and, as already mentioned, everyone else has come out of it weaker then going in.

The track record suggests if the Shield feud with Big Show that it won't be good for them, but I'm willing to give this particular time a chance only because of who we've seen the Shield go over already!

#6,473 ·
Pretty sure that Del Rio's feud with Big Show has lowered his overness.

#6,468 ·
I actually think that we might see the Shield take out Big Show... he did a recent interview with Peter Rosenberg where he talked about wanting to help out young talent, and I think he's smart enough to know that the Shield need to stay strong. I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out like the SES angle though, that would be disastrous.

#6,469 ·
I was one of the few people who disliked all the hype surrounding Ambrose. I derided and insulted his marks, but now that I've seen him, I can say with confidence that he is, in fact, the best thing since sliced bread.

He is in no way 'over the top', the passion and craziness he displays is exactly what sells feuds, and it'll probably be the one thing that gets him over with the casuals.

Oh and Reigns and Rollins are pretty great too, Rollins was a bit meh at the beginning, but he's easily carrying his weight now.

#6,478 ·
I doubt this is going to lead to anything with the Big Show. I mean, the commentators did say he lashed out blindly to the first guy who could get his hands on.

If they do have Sheamus, Show and Orton face them at Wrestlemania I suspect it will be a forum to turn Show face and possibly Orton heel.

#6,482 ·
Okay if Punk faces Taker at WM and they decide to break the streak. I think the shield should get involved and help punk break the streak. That would get them over instantly. If the streak isn't over, I think the shield should beat down Taker after his match, just to send a message.

#6,483 ·
So, what you're saying is that this faction of guys who has been running wild through the WWE's most loved heroes should help the #1 heel in the company get a dirty win over one of the WWE's most loved characters, who has gone 20-0 so far in Wrestlemanias?

How exactly does this help them get over? Because it seems like that would be a recipe for go-away heat surpassing even the Trope Namer, X-Pac's, ability to garner go-away heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.