Votes: 149 11.9%
  • Reigns

Votes: 297 23.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shield Discussion Thread

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Endors Toi 
#1 · (Edited)
All discussion on Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins goes here.

See less See more
1 1
#6,137 · (Edited)
If the shield ever do go over Taker, wouldn't it be more logical to be at wrestlemania 30? First point is that Taker and the streak is a huge attraction and has a big place in wrestlemania history. Taker should retire at 30 as it's the 30th anniversary! My second main point is that the shield don't need this big win yet, believe me. If they were to defeat Taker, yes it would make them seem unstoppable but really whoever they feuded with after would fall flat compared to ending the streak. At Mania 29 I believe it should be somewhere on the lines of Reigns and Rollins taking on Hell NO(if you want a hell no 1 v 1 match-up you could have the gm vacate the titles because they ain't defending or being a team). If the titles were vacated I'd make it a tag turmoil match and start the shield off against say clay and tensai and have them knock them off. Then have them dominate all the remaining teams ending with a close match up against the uso's. Now to Ambrose, you could have him be in the turmoil by having the shield swap around partners in between each team and say that it isn't breaking the rules(would get them heat) or you could have him in a personal feud, but I only would suggest that if they make it so that the casuals can also emotionally invest in it and let Ambrose show off more glimpses of his 'crazy' side, maybe have him get a DQ and go berserk with a chair.

#6,145 ·
I feel like the Shield getting their Wrestlemania moment against some old-ass dudes like the NAO would be so anticlimactic that I would punt my computer desk. Certainly Taker is off the table - you'd have two very excellent ring guys and one competent big guy having to finesse a match so they don't injure an aging and ailing icon. That's no good.

At this point, they have a month to build up a cohesive face team that can work together and co-ordinate as a real, strategy using team. It should be new guys, guys who deserve a come-up in the world, who haven't been laboring in the Midcard Mafia for eternity. Thus, six new guys instead of three get put over on the grandest stage of them all.

#6,146 ·
i feel 1 on 1 matches is the way to go at WM i mean super friends cant beat them how is any other team apart from maybe taker,kane,db Ment to beat them.

If they got 1 on 1 matches and all went over it would be another step in the right direction showing they are also great at singles matches and are a threat towards everyone

#6,153 · (Edited)
Easy way to get these guys involved at Wrestlemania.

1) Build an Ambrose/Jericho feud
2) Have Kane and Bryan turn on each other or build extreme tension, have them face off against Sheamus/Ryback one night and have the two super faces win the tag titles.
3) Set up Reigns/Rollins vs Sheamus/Ryback at WM for the belts.

Kane vs Bryan
Ambrose vs Y2J
Reigns/Rollins vs Sheamus/Ryback

nice little undercard created right there.

#6,155 ·
Easy way to get these guys involved at Wrestlemania.

1) Build an Ambrose/Jericho feud
2) Have Kane and Bryan turn on each other or build extreme tension, have them face off against Orton/Ryback one night and have the two super faces win the tag titles.
3) Set up Reigns/Rollins vs Orton/Ryback at WM for the belts.

Kane vs Bryan
Ambrose vs Y2J
Reigns/Rollins vs Orton/Ryback

nice little undercard created right there.
Just replace Sheamus with Orton since it looks like Sheamus will be wrestling Barrett and you got yourself a great possibility!

#6,154 ·
Hope we get a little more direction on where they are going with The Shield on Smackdown.
And 1 on 1 matches will never work because there's not enough room on the card for all of them to get that. It's going to be another 3 on 3. I can't see WWE wanting to break them up in any way until after Mania.

#6,156 ·

The bromance is alive and well <3

Enjoyed their promo tonight. Loved Ambrose' calm delivery at the beginning. Seth sounded good too, although I think he still needs to find his own niche as he sounds a lot like Ambrose. At least to me. And Reigns... well, he looked very impressive.

#6,158 ·
Reigns did a lot better in this live promo. Didn't scream anything, had the right tone.

As for Seth....you'll get there honey.

And can I just say that Dean look especially fine tonight (when does the son ova bitch not?) maybe it was the way he slicked his hair.

And I love how after Randy did his drive-by Ambrose wasn't even mad, he was all chill probably thinking to himself "You will get yours Viper"

#6,159 ·
Yeah, Reigns was pretty good on the mic I thought. Short and to the point.

Ambrose was brilliant as usual. Fed up with people saying he's over acting or overdoing it. It's called 'making an effort' you twats, get used to it.

Rollins is still pretty good on the mic but there were points he sounded like a whiny 16 year old.

I just hope and pray we don't get another fucking six man at WM.

#6,163 ·
The Shield is great as always.

#6,166 ·
I'm very interested to see where the Shield fits into Wrestlemania this year - I still think the most logical storytelling option is for some kind of 3 vs. 3 matchup where Ryback finally gets revenge on the Shield for all of their transgressions against him. I'm not sure who fits in as Ryback's partners yet, but what might be interesting is to see Orton & Undertaker alongside him... stay with me here for a bit.

While I know it seems logical now for Undertaker to face CM Punk (which I'd have no problem with), I think involving Taker adds a few wrinkles. Since the Shield have beaten everyone put in front of them so far, putting the Deadman in their path would certainly be the ultimate challenge. Plus, putting him in a 6-man will save his body a bit if he's really in such bad shape. Finally, with the speculation of a long-rumored Orton turn, I think that Orton laying out Taker with the RKO post-match could be the impetus for him becoming a bad guy again. With the reactions Orton currently receives, I'm not sure who else is universally loved by the fans (maybe besides the Rock) and could get the crowd to boo him again.

I'm not lobbying for Orton to become leader of the Shield or anything like that - in fact, the scenario in my head happens after Ryback/Taker/Orton beat the Shield. I know people will hate the fact that the Shield could lose at Mania & especially to Ryback, but I think that he certainly could use a big win and sticking him alongside Taker & Orton wouldn't hurt. Orton RKOing his team afterwards out of jealousy or spite hopefully could give him some heel heat, if that's where they really want to go.

ANYWAYS, AND MORE ON TOPIC - I enjoyed the Shield's segment on Raw & thought all three did well on the mic. Plus, the sell-job Rollins did for the RKO was too sweeeeeet, as some might say.

#6,167 ·
Rollins sold that RKO like he got hit by a bus. Holy shit was that good.

#6,168 ·
Chris Jericho ‏@IAmJericho

Havin a blast tearing up Australia on @soundwavefest w @Metallica @Anthrax @WeareStoneSour & @bfmvofficial! Wish u were here @TheShieldWWE
Jericho/Orton/Sheamus for Mania? :hmm:

#6,174 ·
When Shield debuted I knew would like Ambrose and in a way I think WWE has done well to actually play down his character a little so the Shield doesn't become the Ambrose show. Its meaning the other two are upping their games so all 3 are looking strong!

Each week I am liking Rollins and Reigns a little more. Seth seems far more relaxed with his promos recently so I think his eventual face turn will kick ass. Looking forward to future when will be Ambrose vs Rollins in the WWE.

#6,178 ·
As far as mic work goes Ambrose is still laughably far ahead the others. That is not to say that they are doing terribly 'cause mostly they are not and they are improving rapidly. what I feel Ambrose has going for him that rollins is still somewhat struggling with and Reigns it seems is first now starting to address is comfortability when delivering the promo. Dean seems so comfortable when he talks from his demeanor to his delivery, it is all done with a hundred percent confidence in his character and in the material. Rollins is getting there in terms of confidence but he still lacks somewhat in the delivery apartment. Reigns still seems like the stiffest guy on the mic and seems to overthink what he says at some times which makes the promos come off as a bit forced and cheesy. but what the fuck am i saying he's the greenest of them all and they are collectively doing something incredible every time i see them. I'm in fucking awe of these guys and they without a shadow of doubt the highlight of monday nights at the moment and have been for an extremely long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.