Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 12-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #2459 (permalink)
Nervosa
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Nervosa probably won't be missedNervosa probably won't be missedNervosa probably won't be missedNervosa probably won't be missedNervosa probably won't be missedNervosa probably won't be missedNervosa probably won't be missedNervosa probably won't be missedNervosa probably won't be missedNervosa probably won't be missedNervosa probably won't be missed
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
He can't be the most overrated with people claiming Michael Elgin is the most improved of the year and Davey Richards is legit a good worker. I know you hate Eddie, but he's hardly ever put over minus the matches vs Davey last year.
Even this year, people are talking about what an elite worker he is. I know this may get me in trouble, but I'll take Elgin every single day over Eddie, and to me, everything people hate about Davey, Eddie does worse.

Also, I gotta give a big thumbs down to Ibushi/Generico. You know I love you, Bubz, but I'm sorry, 'COUNTERZ!!!' is not a story. I love counters as much as the next guy: nothing makes me mark out more, usually. But that is literally all there was to this match. A negligible lack of any kind of control and then just two guys going back and forth for most of the match. I know that compared to most on this board, I require a control session to really enjoy a singles match, so maybe that's why I disliked it so much. But if a match ends up being back-and-forth through the entirety of the match, its likely I'll hate it, which is why I hate almost all of Eddie Edwards' matches. I simply saw no story at all here.

From my understanding, people hated Elgin/Davey because there was very little selling behind the random moves and momentum switches. Even so, what little control there was in the backwork was more than anything here. I have only seen both of these matches once, but I continue to be confused by matches like this being loved while Elgin/Richards was hated. Quite frankly, I am baffled that this is a MOTY candidate.

Last edited by Nervosa : 12-25-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Nervosa is offline   Reply With Quote