Wrestling Forum banner

ROH "Defy Or Deny 2012" - Millqaukee, WI, 01/19/2013

5K views 63 replies 24 participants last post by  Manu_Styles 
#1 · (Edited)
DEFY or DENY
ROH World Champion Kevin Steen vs "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards vs Roderick Strong vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin

Kyle O'Reilly vs Davey Ricahrds.

SCUM (Rhino, Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs) vs The Briscoes and Jay Lethal.

BJ Whitmer vs Matt Hardy.

Adam Cole vs Silas Young.

TD Thomas vs Bobby Fish.

#39 ·
It was more of a hypothetical thing. If he went to WWE or TNA he wouldn't be able to do many(TNA)or any commitments(WWE) so I didn't know why NJPW couldn't be an alternative to those options. Not saying that he could just walk right into NJPW if he wanted to but I thought of it as a possibility if he were going to take his work to a bigger promotion why not take it to a promotion where he would still be able to work other dates occasionally.He might love going around the world wrestling and wouldn't dream of stopping. In which case he'll keep doing what he is doing and become an international star without stepping foot into a major promotion.

#40 ·
Generico could go anywhere in the world and be great. Even in WWE with the El Generico character. Probably even with a different character actually to a degree. Generico + New Japan is an odd sounding fit but there's no reason why not. Working DDT isn't exclusive like he if was under contract with New Japan or NOAH for example. He wasn't massively over in Japan during the first half of the year though. I haven't seen his DDT title run yet so hopefully the fans took to him more after more exposure. It's a shame if he just ends up stumbling around the Indies forever because he's too talented in so many areas for that. I'm sure TNA will take him at some point.

#41 ·
I'd enjoy Generico in WWE. I'm purely worried that he'd be changed. I know his talent exceeds his gimmick. Which honestly doesn't even do too much for his in ring work. Mostly gives him a bit of a lighthearted persona. His charisma leaps off the screen (metaphorically) when you see him perform regardless. A dumb "mark" concern is all. I'd kill for him there. Look at the talent that is already presented from the indies within WWE: Punker, Danielson, Claudio, Black, Moxley, Hero, Lee. To add on that roster by bringing in the best in the world today? Yeah, he'd benefit in SOME capacity I'd have to imagine.

I don't know why, but I'm not wanting him to go to TNA. I feel like it's WWE or bust. Can't explain it either. I like TNA...it's only not something I see being too beneficial for him. Could be a bogus claim but fuck it. Can't help how I feel. Some dream matches would be stellar. Heel Bully vs Generico for example.

#42 ·
I think I have to agree on the TNA front. I would think he would be allowed succeed much better there then he would with WWE. If TNA wanted to plug him into the X-Division then they would have a face for that group and they could literally rebuild it around him. With WWE, there is always the odds of a very quality wrestler getting stuck in the midcard and dying off in like 3 years. With TNA they can do something stupid with a quality wrestler but then they would just drop him super quick and boom El Generico goes back to tearing it up pretty quickly. The issue is how much of a step forward would it be for him to go to TNA even if he was successful there. He already wrestles around the planet whether it be for DDT in Japan, PWG or DGUSA/EVOLVE in America, random places in Europe, I mean the man has wrestled in friggin' Russia this year as well. With all of that would going to TNA truly heighten his career that much. If he goes to WWE and just plays a solid role in the midcard for a few years then I would have to believe that would elevate his status in the wrestling world since millions of more people will have heard of him that way.

#44 ·
Can some big ROH fan time me what Rhino actually does there? He seems to just be put in random places which I really don't care about but I just want to know why he is placed in random places. Is even a member of a stable, is a hired gun, is a generic heel that walks up to other heels and says"mind if I tag along" or whatever?

#45 ·
That little douchebag inside of me wants Generico to stay forever on Indys. If he has to go, I want to see him in TNA then, no doubt about it. If he goes to WWE, that would mean a year or two without Generico on my PC. I couldn't live with that.

And, Generico IS Indy wrestling:

#46 ·
From wich site is this?

#58 ·
It was one of the scariest moments of the night at “Final Battle 2012” when BJ Whitmer ascended to the top rope thinking Charlie Haas, laid on a table, was too out of it to stop him. Unfortunately Haas sprung up, surprised Whitmer, and suplexed BJ off the top thru a table headfirst.

It was a truly terrifying moment that left all of us here at Ring of Honor quite concerned for BJ's health and well-being but thankfully, after a bit of rest and relaxation, there were no serious effects to Whitmer's head and neck. Whitmer's career has been defined by moments like those, surviving things that would put a normal man down for the count, and being able to continue fighting.

He did it with a broken ankle for months, he did it during the CZW war when he was abused in every ultraviolent fashion possible, and only BJ himself knows what other physical trauma he has suffered through silently yet continued to battle on. Yet despite these courageous moments in his career, despite the scary situation at “Final Battle 2012”, there is one man who has found a way to take up issue with Whitmer's survival skills: Matt Hardy.

“Stronger than death?” Hardy said via e-mail to ROH officials, “In New York I heard fans say that BJ Whitmer was the one stronger than death, and that Matt Hardy had nothing on him. I don't know what all BJ has gone through in his life, I'm sure it's been traumatic, but none of it compares to everything I have seen and felt in my years traveling the globe as an internationally recognized superstar. I survived drugs, TLC, car wrecks, I have stared death in her face, walked through hell, and come out the other side with a smile on my face. Stronger than Death? That title only belongs to one man and that man is obviously Matt Hardy. So what I am telling ROH officials to do is make BJ Whitmer's career and let him get into the ring with me in Milwaukee. I heard you've traveled the world a little yourself too BJ but one night in the ring with Matt Hardy and more eyes will be on you than ever before. So make the most of it BJ but don't be mistaken, I will show you and everyone watching that night who really lives up to those three words.”

It's Matt Hardy vs. BJ Whitmer on Jan. 19th when ROH hits Milwaukee, WI! Which warrior will prove stronger than death? Be there live to find out!!!
Lol this is a match I didn't exepcted to see

#59 ·
I drift in and out of ROH. I want to make 2013 a year that I start to pick up with the most recent Indy wrestling from as many promotions as I can, as well as dipping into their history, but already I can't say I'm impressed with the outlook of this first show next year, which must mean I'm just not cut out for 2013 ROH.

Like I said, drifting in and out has left me a bit wayward with what's going on, but I feel like the main event is just a clusterfuck, for want of a better term. If it's non-title, then why would the Kevin Steen character want to wrestle in it? He can't be pinned, but even if loses he will still have to defend his title against one of them? What happens if he wins, does it just mean that the loser doesn't get a shot? Then, what about the other 2, do they? If all Steen has to gain is stopping someone he has already beaten from facing him again, then why would he want to risk injury/time (kayfabe,) just seems a bit odd.

I would be more interested in:

Defy or Deny - Winner is #1 Contenders, whilst Loser will not receive another title shot at Steen:

Eddie Edwards VS Michael Elgin VS Roderick Strong.

SCUM (Kevin Steen, Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs) VS The Briscos & Jay Lethal

Rhino could get involved also, and they could keep Steen from Lethal easily with the other 4 men.

Or,

SCUM (Kevin Steen, Rhino, Corino, Jacobs) VS Jay Lethal, The Briscos and someone Nigel picks to partner with them.

Can't say I'm excited about Davey Richards and Kyle O'Reilys shinpad kick-fest.

I must have been the only person excited to see Matt Hardy in ROH. In my eyes, him and Cole could have stole the undercard and people would look upon him with new respect and it could go anywhere, but 1 repetetive promo, 10 side effects and 5 attempted and a few successful Twists Of Fate later and I'm completely indifferent. If it's true that Shelton is departing, who would rather see a Charlie Haas/Whitmer grudge match?

I would love to see Generico in WWE for some reason, but El Generico in 2013 not a WWE version in 2014/15 after a period of him in their feeder leagues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.