Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #2443 (permalink)
Hayley Seydoux
Déesse de L'extase

Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Santa Claus IV. View Post
Eddie Edwards vs Michael Elgin - PWG Failure To Communicate
I fucking loved this and I am totally ashamed of myself for it. I have no idea how to explain why but I'll give it a go. Biggest factor was the PWG environment. Steen + Excalibur commentary + Reseda crowd means I'm bound to at least the enjoy the match, even if it's abysmal. This isn't your average Davey Richards match full of no selling, stupid mannerisms and generally horrible. The big stuff had me marking out and there was enough neat little touches for me to really appreciate it. Little stuff like Elgin trying to protect his chest from the chops because this is fucking Eddie Edwards chopping him, Elgin's struggle to hit the Chaos Theory suplex and the bucklebomb and Elgin climbing the ropes intentionally slow when Eddie was due to cut him off. I thought Eddie's selling was really great. In fairness Eddie normally does good sell jobs when the match isn't back and forth for 30 minutes. Elgin actually looked like a powerhouse in this rather than a small guy doing strong man moves which is often the case. He looked dangerous and it actually felt like Edwards was facing a challenge to survive with Elgin rather than a load of moves with no context. Elgin hits a lot harder than usual and that made up for a lot. The strike battle in the corner I particularly loved because Elgin really laid into those short lariats. Eddie's running kick when he totally clears the top rope was nuts in the best way possible and a great transition sequence. The match felt structured too. Opening battle to gain the upper hand which Elgin wins. Into Elgin dominating Edwards for a bit until Eddie hits something out of nothing to get back into the match. Then into the struggle for the finish. Benefited the match a ton at the end because it felt like they'd come to a significant point in the match rather than just another turn in the tale. Elgin's got that finishing run over really well in PWG which is extremely ironic given where he works the majority of his matches. At BOLA he fucking beat everyone bar Cole with the same sequence. So when he goes for that buckle bomb here and Eddie counters it it's fucking huge rather than just another counter of another move. Elgin's spinning back fist finally looked viscous too. Just the right amount of time too. Long enough for them to get enough stuff in for it to rule but short it enough for it to be fast paced and not drag. This ruled. I've completely lost my mind. Michael Elgin is the best wrestler in the world. I've seen the light now.

****1/2

If I watch that match and hate it, I'm going to e-punch you as hard as I can imagine doing since it's technologically impossible.