The opener couldn't have been booked any better to both get the crowd pumped & to introduce a new audience to your company in your first ever iPPV. Balls to the wall action. Tons of fun. The seeds of Ronin are planted.
- Homicide/Swann was pretty average/sloppy since Homicide was shit at the time but the crowd REALLY got behind Swann, and that would continue throughout the entire night. Aries' promo & speech to Swann was great after the match.
- Aries/Yoshino was excellent. It's rare you see an opponent for Aries actually faster than him, so that was cool. Good selling from Aries on the arm & basically just a bunch of good shit. Great match.
- I feel like they could've really had something special in Jacobs/Moxley, but the match was paced far too quick for an I Quit Match. It was a little less than 13 minutes and they just kept bustin through moves & sequences like it was nothin. They told a good story & the emotion was there, but man I really wish they would've gone all out with tables & spots and all that cool shit. Slow it down & throw in some big spots and it's a classic for sure. For what it is, it's a good enough blowoff to their heated feud although the finish is kinda silly. Jacobs' bladejob on the other hand, RIDICULOUS. Pretty damn high on the Muta Scale for sure. He had to keep wiping the blood out of his eyes.
- Tag match is all kinds of goodness & tons of fun. Tozawa is just oozing with charisma & personality. Great finishing sequence that wasn't overdone with a bunch of ridiculous shit & wasn't wrestled at 900 mph, so that made me a happy camper. Long match, but I certainly enjoyed it.
Postmatch features the birth of Ronin, which was building all night. The crowd loves Swann!
- Oh fuck yeah, Hulk/Shingo was an absolute war. Damn near 30 minutes of two guys hitting each other with everything they possibly had & the crowd totally ate it up in the last several minutes. I loved everything they did on the outside. I can see some people saying it tapped into overkill but damn those nearfalls kept me on my toes & REALLY made me want Shingo to win it. That superplex into an emerald fusion combo was
as well as the finish. This match skyrocketed into one of my all time DGUSA favorites.
- As DGUSA's first ever iPPV, this was a huge success and a pretty underrated show imo. Top to bottom a really fun card with a ridiculously good main event. Hailsabin
, add this one to your list.