Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

View Single Post

Old 12-23-2012, 04:34 AM   #3351 (permalink)
Foreshadowed
Sacrificed It All, To Enrich My Life For A Second!

Foreshadowed made the HOF BallotForeshadowed made the HOF BallotForeshadowed made the HOF BallotForeshadowed made the HOF BallotForeshadowed made the HOF BallotForeshadowed made the HOF BallotForeshadowed made the HOF BallotForeshadowed made the HOF BallotForeshadowed made the HOF BallotForeshadowed made the HOF BallotForeshadowed made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Van Persieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anark View Post
I love Rafael, but Jones has a type of attacking play which nobody else in the United team has. He goes on these marauding runs from deep and seems unstoppable sometimes. Rio used to try it every now and then when he was younger but he was never all that good at it, but Jones always seems to create massive danger for the opposition when he steams forward.

He has an endearing naivete which as charming as it is, will be exposed as a CB. As a full back he will get away with it a lot more often.

Plus if Valencia is playing poorly, Rafael on the wing is not a bad alternative.
Oh no, I'm not denying Jones isn't an attacking threat as he is. I meant down the right flank, Rafael is far more dangerous than Jones especially with the good positions he gets in, the link-up play with Valencia and some of the overlapping runs he makes. I'm saying that in the right back role, Rafael is more of an attacking threat than Jones. The latter has shown signs of being a threat in the right back role but for me, he's not looked as dangerous on the right flank than he has when making the runs from centreback or central midfield.

However, if we're talking about attacking runs from central defence or from central midfield, Jones owns all. I agree, he goes on these brilliant runs and can dribble past a few players but one thing he does need to improve on is when to relase/pass the ball to a team mate. A few times he's made good runs but then gives the ball away cheaply or tries to take on one too many and thus, gets tackled but he'll improve on that over time.

Credit: ABrown