Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Hobbit Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #66 (permalink)
obby
Don't give up on the gravy

obby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselves
Default Re: The Hobbit Discussion Thread

Just got back from this(FINALLY), and holy shit.

Peter Jackson is a fucking genius.

I had my doubts, what with the critics stupid ass opinions, but I can now safely say that the magic is still here. This is without a doubt still cinematic excellence, and it's obvious the critics were expecting a carbon copy of LOTR. The feels are still here, the ending made me cry inside.

My most exciting scene award goes to when the Dwarves don't go back on their word and all attack the three orcs when Bilbo is in danger.

Only problems I have are with several dwarves getting literally no character development, and the fact that you have to suspend your disbelief a little to believe that they could get out of some of the situations they were in completely intact.

9.5/10 (still not better than any of the LOTR films, of course)