Wrestling Forum banner

One Person WWE Is Considering On Winning The Royal Rumble

19K views 179 replies 156 participants last post by  vacuous 
#1 ·
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ns_Rumor_on_Sheamus_Road_to_WrestleMania.html

- For what it's worth, it's said that whatever plans WWE had worked in for WrestleMania 29 were changed over the past week. Apparently major changes went down and the only match that wasn't touched is Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H.

This doesn't necessarily mean that for example, The Rock vs. John Cena isn't taking place, but it could mean that twists and turns or stipulations are being thrown in.

On a related note, there has at least been talk that Sheamus going down with two clean losses to Big Show will set up him to win the Royal Rumble for the second year in a row. As noted before, Randy Orton vs. Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Title has been planned for WrestleMania 29.

Source: F4Wonline.com

#124 ·
Ryback will go far in the Rumble match but he WILL NOT win it

Cena is my pick!

#125 ·
Sheamus can put on high quality matches, it is just a fact. If he can put on a string of good matches with fuckin' Big Show, he can certainly put on a good one with Orton. I, as everyone else Iimagine, just wish he would turn heel before this. I realize his role as one of the top faces is pretty much set in stone for a while, but the Celtic Warrior gimmick just SCREAMS heel. Either way, however, I think this could be a solid match, and a convincing RR win. I thought his last year win seemed a bit random and didn't have any real umph to it. I feel as though being a 2 time RR winner is a bit early for Sheamus at this point, not to mention he simply doesn't need the win, but I would favor this over Del Rio's win, or Santino's almost-win that year.

#130 · (Edited)
I picked Sheamus for winning the Rumble before I even read this. Not based on who I want to win (Ziggler), or who the best booking would be based on current storylines and momentum (probably Ryback), but based entirely on how I think WWE operates. Not surprised at all by this report and wouldn't be surprised at all to see Sheamus win the Rumble, but right now it's looking like he might just have another match with Big Show for the title at Royal Rumble, so who knows if it will happen.

#132 ·
Another Contender To Win Royal Rumble

from WN:

- While there has been talk of having Sheamus win the Royal Rumble for the second year in a row and face a heel Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 29, a new name is being discussed as a potential Rumble winner – Ryback.Vince McMahon has brought up the idea of pushing Ryback even harder as the new babyface of SmackDown. This would include a lengthy run with the World Heavyweight Title. Nothing is confirmed yet but the talk included Ryback dominating the Rumble match, beginning a feud with Orton and then facing him at WrestleMania. Regarding the Rumble, most key points for the 30-man match this year have been laid out by Triple H, Vince McMahon, Pat Patterson and other officials. There was a meeting about a week ago where many twists, including Ryback dominating, were discussed.
seems like whatever the case is, they want Orton to be Champion soon (probably have him beat Big Show at Royal Rumble).

#134 ·
I have a feeling that Punk will beat The Rock because having a part timer defeat two of their top guys wouldn't be on their level of stupidity but I can easily be wrong on that. With Punk going over which will get him super heat, this can set up Ryback winning the rumble and getting his rematch at Mania if they can find a reason to skip their TLC rematch in January.

#137 ·
I wouldn't mind this. Ryback/Orton sounds fine to me to be honest. The build up wont be that good, but at least we know Orton can have a good match with a bunch of people, so at least it will be watchable. Also, it will get Ryback away from the WWE Championship. Sheamus, Ziggler still currently lack direction though.

#138 ·
I don't know why they hell they have such a hard on for getting the belt on Orton for WM. Why not just wait, build up Show as a monster heel, have Ryback go over him at WM, then maybe do the Orton feud after that. Getting the belt on Orton and turning him heel AND building a match with Ryback seems like a lot to ask of a booking team that - let's be honest - seems less than competent at times.

#139 ·
The problem with putting Ryback on Smackdown is the show is diminished returns and is a waste of Ryback's time. Sheamus just got a super push and got nothing from it. Why would you do the same with Ryback?

I think WWE would be better off having Show v Ryback non title than giving him the World Championship. It's basically setting him up to fail.

#144 ·
I pray to jebus, please no shemaus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.