Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#12,221 ·
That awesome TLC match got me in the mood for some carnage so gave some of the other TLC matches a watch.

The Dudley Boys Vs The Hardy Boys Vs Edge & Christian - TLC I Summerslam 2000

★ ★ ★ ★

The Dudley Boys Vs The Hardy Boys Vs Edge & Christian - TLC II WrestleMania 17
★ ★ ★ ★ 1/4​

The Dudley Boys Vs The Hardy Boys Vs Edge & Christian Vs Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit - TLC III Smackdown 24/05/2001​
★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2

Bubba & Spike Dudley Vs Kane Vs Chris Jericho & Christian Vs Jeff Hardy & Rob Van Dam - TLC IV Raw 07/10/2002
★ ★ ★ 3/4​

Edge Vs Ric Flair - TLC V Raw 16/01/2006​
★ ★ ★ 3/4​
Did you watch these from the ladder match DVD? I have all these matches from that DVD,
love them. (Y)

#12,224 ·
Which 'History of _____ Championship' is the best set?
All three (WWE, IC & World) have classic matches that you should have in your collection. The WWE Title is very strong but I personally don't own it because I have all of the matches on other sets. I do own the other two but if I had to recommend just one it would be the World Title. It has a solid documentary on the history of the World Title plus some classics from the NWA, WCW, and WWE. Although, you can't go wrong with the IC Title DVD featuring Savage/Steamboat, Bret/Bulldog, Bret/Perfect, Michaels/Razor, and HHH/Flair. Again though, I own all of those matches on other DVDS too. It's perfect if you don't own Bret, HBK, Flair, and Savage's DVDs.

#12,225 ·
Intercontinental Championship set, imo. It's GRAND. World Heavyweight Championship set is awesome for the NWA/WCW bouts that got put on it. Not enough of those if you ask me. WWE Championship isn't bad. The 80's part (disc 1) sort of suffers since you have a slew of Hogan matches & other old school bouts which in turn come off clipped. Not all, but some. Which is a shame. Backlund vs Slaughter was a really good match. Btw, if you own a pretty vast modern collection of WWE PPVs/DVD sets (00-05) then maybe passing on the WWE Championship set is best. The entire 3 disc is all PPV matches which you could possibly own already. A head's up for you.

#12,226 ·
Was Edge/Flair really the first TLC match since 2002?
Yep. Don't know why the stipulation took such a long absence. Edge vs Matt Hardy at Raw Homecoming could have easily been a TLC since they used a table anyways.
Yup, all true. And in case your wondering, the last TLC match that's taken place on a Raw show since the latter one was Miz vs. Lawler in 2010.

#12,228 ·
Intercontinental Championship. Its a great set, alotta fun matches. World Heavyweight comes in second, good documentary, good match selection as well. The WWE Championship was cool but way too much Hogan and they should have left the Iron Man match off of it. I think they should have put some of the lesser acknowledged matches on there.

#12,230 ·
You can't go wrong with either.....

If you're more of a fan of Hogan and the bigger type matches, than shoot for the WWE Championship DVD. It has some of the greatest matches ever in Foley-HHH , Angle-Benoit, HBK-Mankind, Austin-Rock, and Rock-Taker-Angle. It also has more misses than the others IMO, with a few bad clipped matches, the Ironman, and the Summerslam 2000 Triple Threat (WHICH IS GARBAGE).

If you like the NWA or WCW, get the WHC DVD, and it's a no-brainer there. Plus, you get one of the best WWE matches ever in Angle-Taker, so it's all good in that department. I'm a fan of the lesser known matches of the set like Flair-Steiner.

The IC title AGAIN has one of the best matches ever in Savage-Steamboat, but since it was the 'workhorse' title, you get a ton of better worked matches than the other DVDs, and less "sports entertainment". Tons of great old school shit on there, Santana-Savage fucking owns hard and I adore it.

Once upon a time I was asked by an individual looking to start a Wrestling DVD collection what DVDs they should build their collection on , and I said the WWE/WHC/IC DVDs, simply because they're a great centerpiece full of great matches and fantastic moments.

#12,233 ·
Just watched the biggest POS review for the WHC DVD on Youtube by this "Ausswanton007" guy. Here are a list of his ratings for the DVD, just for the LOLZ :

2 Out of 3 Falls Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Pat OConnor vs. Buddy Rogers *

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Gene Kiniski vs. Dory Funk Jr. N/A

Jack Brisco vs. Terry Funk N/A

Harley Race vs. Dusty Rhodes N/A

Ric Flair vs. Magnum T.A. **

Ric Flair vs. Sting ****

DISC 2 WCW

Matches

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Ric Flair vs. Scott Steiner *1/2

Lex Luger vs. Barry Windham *1/2

Vader vs. Ron Simmons **1/4

Human Cage Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Vader vs. Ricky Steamboat *3/4

Career vs. Career Steel Cage Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair ***1/2

Sting vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan **3/4

Hulk Hogan vs. Goldberg **1/2

Jeff Jarrett vs. Booker T. ***

The Rock vs. Chris Jericho ****3/4

DISC 3 WWE

Matches

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Triple H vs. Rob Van Dam ***

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels ***

Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker ***3/4

Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton ***1/2

Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Batista vs. The Undertaker vs. Edge ***1/4

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho ***

Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Hardy vs. Edge ****

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol .......... So many things wrong with that I can't even explain...

The better question is ; Why the fuck was Goldberg-Hogan on this when it's on every single other WCW DVD ? I swear it must hold the record for most appearances on multiple DVDs.

#12,234 ·
Well uh... um... at least he has his own view on things.

#12,237 ·
http://www.youtube.com/user/ausSwanton007

:lol Just go look at his channel and try to find the most ridiculous thing possible. It's not that hard, and it's a fun activity.

While you're at it, give us all the 411 on the first WWE DVD you ever owned and your feelings on it ? :p

#12,239 ·
Can anyone recommend me some good Double J matches (WWF, TNA or WCW work)? Only two I've seen that I remember really liking were JJ/Razor and JJ/HBK.
Can anyone recommend me some good Double J matches (WWF, TNA or WCW work)? Only two I've seen that I remember really liking were JJ/Razor and JJ/HBK.
WCW - Just about all of his matches vs DDP are solid/good. Triple Cage really was a lot of fun even with Arquette involved. He worked some solid bouts vs Booker too. Those are a bit fuzzy, but I don't really recall many shenanigans except for the obvious guitar involvement. vs Benoit Starrcade '96. Oh, and vs Benoit in a Ladder match from Starrcade '99. Toss in the Bunkhouse Brawl vs Mike Awesome from Fall Brawl '00 too. I mark for that entire event. Just a little something extra.

WWF - Handicap match with The Roadie vs Razor from IYH I, recall his match vs Edge @ Fully Loaded '99 being quality, w/Owen Hart vs New Age Outlaws Backlash '99 (heels were good, but Outlaws were shockingly good too), anything vs X-Pac is always fun, worked vs Bret on a RAW in January of '95.

TNA - The weekly PPVs vs AJ Styles & Raven are your best bet. Jarrett's work in TNA is far from bad. It really is. HOWEVER, a lot of his PPV main events quickly turned to crap thanks to the insanity known as overbooking. It's annoying as hell. Jarrett didn't need it nor did the matches. His matches vs Christian (Against All Odds '06) & Robert Roode (Sacrifice '07) are good bouts. I liked the match vs Rhino (Turning Point '05) although that is overbooked too. But fun. Oh! and there is this AWESOME 6 man brawl from Genesis 2005 that you should definitely see if you haven't. I'd recommend a pass on most of the matches vs Angle. Absolutely do on the Lockdown match. Although, if you want to watch some matches go REALLY over the top, then take the time to watch them all. The Genesis '09 wasn't half bad of a gimmick match, tbf.

----------------

As for my first ever Wrestling DVD, it was Survivor Series 2003. My feelings on it are quite strong. Always have a blast whenever I watch it. It holds a guilty pleasure favorite match of mine in Kane vs Shane Ambulance and my favorite Survivor Series elmination match in Team Austin vs Team Bischoff. Plus, it has one of the best Orton moments ever RKO'ing Mark Cuban. Great JR line that followed: "WHERE THE HELL IS DANIEL STERN WHEN YOU NEED HIM?!" Love it!

#12,240 · (Edited)
In TNA catch his matches with Kurt Angle at Bound For Glory 2008 and the No Disqualification Match at Genesis 2009. The latter may be my favorite Jarrett match along with his match with Michaels in '95.

About to watch the latest edition of Legends Of Wrestling on WWE Classics On Demand. The topic is the "Evolution of Hardcore" so I'm looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.