Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Has Anyone Noticed Something About Indy "breakouts" in recent years
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Hey Santa It Wasn't My Fault!
It Really Wasn't!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Re: Has Anyone Noticed Something About Indy "breakouts" in recent years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Santa Claus IV. View Post
The top Indy guys aren't as good as the top Indy guys from pre 09. If that's what you mean then yeah, the quality standard of Indy workers has dropped. That's only inevitable though when you lose so many of the best Indy workers in a short space of time and you get left with a bunch of average workers all working with each other.
The problem is that they all left so quickly. I mean look at an ROH/PWG show from a few years ago and see who the top guys are. It's totally different now. Had it been a more gradual change I think everything in indy wrestling would be a lot better.

I don't think the top indy guys now are bad though (well most of them). I'm huge fans of Steen, Generico, Sami Callihan, Gargano, Chuck Taylor Adam Cole, and a lot of other guys that are working a ton of indy shows all over the country. One huge issue is that these guys don't work all the same shows. Evolve/DGUSA and ROH but having their own rosters as weakened the overall quality of indy wresting. Gargano can't go to ROH and Steen isn't going to show up on an Evolve show.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome