Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#12,184 ·
Just bought some Tagged Classics seeing as its payday today :)

Wrestlemania 5 & 6
Wrestlemania 7 & 8
Wrestlemania 9 & 10
Wrestlemania 13 & 14
Wrestlemania 15 & Steve Austin - Hell Yeah
Wrestlemania 2000

And I bought RAW:The Beginning 1 & 2 set. So I'm quite happy!

#12,187 ·
I could do with buying WM V-X, then 13&14. Got the rest either original release or tagged classic (if it was released on DVD normally I own it, then tagged classics for the earlier ones) :). Shall have to see where I am financially after christmas, could do with getting em in the TC SV sale :p.

#12,188 ·
Picked up every Mania that I don't currently have (I-XVIII, XXIII-XXVI) for Christmas. Wanna watch them in order at some point and write a top 50-75 ish matches in Mania history along with a top 10-20 worst matches in Mania history.

But I'll save that for Mania Season.

WRESTLEMANIA.

#12,190 ·
Cold beverages ?

Surely you mean a cold Mountain Dew or Diet Mountain Dew ?

:)

#12,192 ·
Why drink alcohol when you can enjoy a nice refreshing glass of milk , with some cookies on the side ?

LIKE SANTA CLAUS.

#12,194 ·
Watching Razor/Hitman King of the Ring 1993, will follow that with Tatanka/HBK at Wrestlemania IX 1993.

Since his PM is full, I'd like to give a thank you to Hambuganomics for what I presume is a rep for reading my shit summary and/or match ratings. (Y)
The best way to thank other members is by just going to one of their posts and repping it with whatever you want to say.

In other irrelevant news: my Orton/Cena series are coming along nicely. I've gotten finished with every match up till Unforgiven 07. Not much of a challenge, though, since only one of them actually goes on for an extended amount of time. (SS)

#12,196 ·
Off topic: It seems Hambuganomics just popped in and read some post at that time. I'll get him later.

Topic: Bret "Hitman" Hart vs Razor Ramon King of the Ring 1993 ***

Hall's a fucking BIG bastard. The match was kind of slowed down due to the approx. 2 minute armhold Bret performed but picked up near the end. Not mind blowing, but decent. It felt like there should have been more dominance by Razor and have Bret enter "face in peril" mode.

#12,197 ·
We haven't had an Angle discussion in a while .... Let's keep it that way ;)

Most Overrated/Underrated Match of the Last Decade ?

Most Overrated : Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero (Wrestlemania XXI)

Most Underrated : The Big Show vs Brock Lesnar (Stretcher Match ; Judgment Day 2003)

Don't really like using the words "Overrated" and "Underrated" because sometimes things become so overrated that they become underrated and vice versa (Rock-Cena and Bret-Shawn , two Wrestlemania main events that come to mind). Think of it more as "overrecognized" and "underrecognized" :p

#12,198 ·
Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels. Wrestlemania 24. Match itself was horrible. Emotion was high. Therefore, it was average.

I'm probably on my own here but I didn't like HBK/Cena neither. I thought the feud was drawn out and boring.

I think this counts as the last decade too but didn't Kawada/Mutoh back in the early 00s get Match of the Year praise at the time? I thought it was horrendous.

#12,200 ·
Don't know about Kawada/Mutoh but I recently watched "2001.06.08.AJPW.Keiji Mutoh vs. Genichiro Tenryu.(WON MOTY)" and the fact it got the WON MOTY for 2001 ahead of about 20 WWF matches alone is absolutely INSANE because its terrible. Not even Tenryu could get something good out of Mutoh.

Overrated from this year: Rock/Cena

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.