Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

View Single Post

Old 12-20-2012, 03:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
joeycalz
From the slums of SHAOLIN.

joeycalz 1501 - 2000joeycalz 1501 - 2000joeycalz 1501 - 2000joeycalz 1501 - 2000joeycalz 1501 - 2000joeycalz 1501 - 2000joeycalz 1501 - 2000joeycalz 1501 - 2000joeycalz 1501 - 2000joeycalz 1501 - 2000joeycalz 1501 - 2000
Default Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

Note: This is NOT what I want to see happen, but this is my prediction of what I think is going to happen.

WWE Championship Match:
The Rock (c) vs. John Cena

- I believe this is simple. The Rock comes back and beats Punk for the championship at the Royal Rumble. Cena wins the Rumble. Writes itself.

The Streak:
CM Punk vs. The Undertaker

- My only issue with this is IF, IF Punk is allegedly supposed to "main event" this Wrestlemania, then how does he get to Taker?

The Rematch:
Triple H w/Stephanie McMahon vs. Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman

- I think contrary to what people believe, Lesnar will win again and officially end Triple H's career at Wrestlemania. It would also not shock me if the Shield get involved in this match considering their "injustice" portion of their characters. I may be wrong, but I have a gut feeling they want to use Lesnar more. They've already used him to face Cena and Triple H, but there are still more possibilities out there, such as Rock (Summerslam rematch possibly) and Ryback. Intuition says Lesnar/Ryback happens at Wrestlemania 30. Could be wrong. Anyway, the Shield don't have a place on the card this year because there is simply nobody for them to face unless an old stable like DX comes back, or they're thrown in Money in the Bank (could happen, but I HIGHLY doubt it, they already seem above even the World Championship) I think by the time the year ends, we are going to see Punk, Lesnar, Shield all tied together in some way with Heyman in some way.

Now this is where I start to differ from some people.

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Randy Orton (c) vs. Sheamus

- I think this will happen, and I think at the end of this match, Dolph will come out and cash in on Orton and create his Wrestlemania moment. Ziggler will never be a huge star, but he will be a fixture at the upper portion of the card much like Jericho was and this will be his "first Undisputed Champion" thing that he can latch onto forever.

The Big Show vs. Ryback

- Ryback will Shellshock Big Show, creating his personal Wrestlemania moment. This match wont last long, but will ultimately serve its purpose.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match:
Team Hell No, Daniel Bryan & Kane (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Lankston w/ AJ

- I believe that Hell No will lose the titles to Rhodes Scholars and regain them between now and Wrestlemania. I believe Daniel/AJ will eventually come full circle and both turn face for sure after this event, reuniting in a new generation Savage and Liz sort of way. AJ gets the feel good moment with Bryan in her home state one year after the whole 18 second catastrophe.

United States Championship:
Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. The Miz

- This feud was rumored to happen and I can see it happening at Wrestlemania

High Flying F*ckery:
Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

- I had to give this one a semi-interesting name.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. R-Truth vs. Santino Marella vs.
Zack Ryder vs. Wade Barrett vs. Damien Sandow vs. Cody Rhodes

- This could potentially have more or less, but I generally expect the usual mid-card suspects here. I fully expect the ladder match to return this year, unless they have a big tag team match like they did at Wrestlemania 27. If Money in the Bank does happen, expect Barrett to win.

Diva's Championship:
Eve Torres (c) vs. Natalya

- Natalya was the only face diva on the superstars page I remotely thought could be in this spot. Wouldn't rule out an old timer returning and putting over Eve for one night. (Maybe Trish/Lita?)

Annual Pre Show Battle Royal:
For shits and gigs.

Credit to CHAMPviaDQ on the Sig/Avi Set
Mark For Now: CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family, The Shield, Cesaro, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Big E. Langston, Fandango, Christian, Rob Van Dam, Renee Young, AJ Lee, Summer Rae, Paige
Favorite Wrestlers All Time: The Rock (1A), Shawn Michaels (1B), The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Sting, Mick Foley, Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Goldust (SO HAPPY HE'S BACK), Edge, Team Extreme, Trish Stratus

Last edited by joeycalz : 12-20-2012 at 03:54 AM.
joeycalz is offline   Reply With Quote