Wrestling Forum banner

CHIKARA - Season 11 Discussion Thread

89K views 1K replies 103 participants last post by  Manu_Styles 
#1 ·
I'll try and keep it current, no promises though.

2012 Event Calender

"The Thirteenth Hat"
Saturday, January 28th - Easton, PA
Results.

"A Death Worse Than Fate"
Saturday, February 25th - Reading, PA
Results.

"Caught in the Spider's Den"
Sunday, February 26th - Long Island, NY
Results.

"Green Ice"
Saturday, March 24th - Vaughan, ONT
Results.

"It’s How You Play the Game"
Sunday, March 25th - Ottawa, ONT
Results.

"I’ll Be a Mummy’s Uncle"
Saturday, April 14th - Rahway, NJ
Results.

"Hot Off the Griddle"
Saturday, April 28th - Chicago, IL
Results

"The Contaminated Cowl"
Sunday, April 29th - Lafayette, IN
Results.

"Aniversario: A Horse of Another Color"
Saturday, May 19th - Easton, PA
Results.

"Aniversario: The Ogg and I"
Sunday, May 20th - Manhattan, NY
Results.

"Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur"
Saturday, June 2nd - Philadelphia, PA
Results.

"The Foggiest Notion"
Saturday, June 23rd - Strathroy, ONT
Results.

"Smack in the Middle"
Sunday, June 24th - Syracuse, NY
Results.

"The Great Escape"
Saturday, July 28th - Portland, ME
Results.

"Give 'em the Axe"
Sunday, July 29th - Everett, MA
Results.

"Shoot a Crooked Arrow"
Friday, August 17th - Milwaukee, WI
Results.

"The Ring of Wax"
Saturday, August 18th - Indianapolis, IN
Results.

"King of Trios 2012"
Friday - Sunday, September 14th through 16th
Results.

"Deep Freeze"
Saturday, October 6th - Piedmont, AL
Results.

"The Zodiac Crimes"
Sunday, October 7th - Burlington, NC
Results.

"Zelda the Great"
Saturday, November 10th - Chicago, IL
Featuring Special Guests Da Soul Touchaz!
Rematch from Milwaukee! - Mike Quackenbush vs. Colt Cabana

"A Piece of the Action"
Sunday, November 11th - Cleveland, OH
An Awe-Inspiring Atomico! - 3.0, Akuma & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks & The Bravado Brothers

"The Cibernetico Rises"
Sunday, November 18th - Manhattan, NY

Grand Champion of Chikara - Eddie Kingston - History

Campeonatos de Parejas - The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) - History

Young Lions Cup - "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti - History

2011 Tournament Winners
King Of Trios - The Colony (Fire, Soldier & Green Ant)
Rey De Voladores - El Generico
Young Lions Cup Tournament - Tadasuke
Torneo Cibernetico - Sara Del Rey

2012 Tournament Winners
King Of Trios - ?????????
Rey De Voladores - ????????
Young Lions Cup Tournament - "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
Torneo Cibernetico - ????????

December 9th, 2011 - Ophidian

December 16th, 2011 - Icarus

December 23rd, 2011 - Veronica of The Band

December 30th, 2011 - Tim Donst

January 6, 2012 - Green Ant

January 13, 2012 - Ultramantis Black

January 20, 2012 - Jigsaw

January 24, 2012 - Scott Parker

January 26, 2012 - Archibald Peck

January 27, 2012 - Ophidian

January 31, 2012 - Icarus

Feburary 1, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

Feburary 3, 2012 - Sugar Dunkerton

Feburary 7, 2012 - Sara Del Rey

Feburary 10, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

Feburary 13, 2012 - Johnny Gargano

Feburary 14, 2012 - Mr. Touchdown

Feburary 15, 2012 - Eddie Kingston

Feburary 16, 2012 - Scott Parker

Feburary 20, 2012 - Ophidian

Feburary 22, 2012 - Jigsaw

Feburary 23, 2012 - Derek Sabato

Feburary 24, 2012 - UltraMantis Black

Feburary 27, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

March 8, 2012 - Icarus

March 12, 2012 - Scott Parker

March 15, 2012 - Ophidian

March 19, 2012 - Derek Sabato

March 21, 2012 - Jakob Hammermeier

March 23, 2012 - Shane Matthews

March 30, 2012 - Gran Akuma

April 3, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

April 4, 2012 - UltraMantis Black

April 5, 2012 - Archibald Peck

April 13, 2012 - Delirious

April 16, 2012 - Derek Sabato

April 20, 2012 - Delirious

April 24, 2012 - Ophidian

April 27, 2012 - Delirious

April 30, 2012 - Derek Sabato

May 2, 2012 - assailANT

May 4, 2012 - Mike Quackenbush

May 7, 2012 - Ophidian

May 8, 2012 - Saturyne

May 9, 2012 - The Shard

May 10, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

May 11, 2012 - Tim Donst

May 14, 2012 - UltraMantis Black

May 16, 2012 - deviANT

May 18, 2012 - Jigsaw

May 21, 2012 - Chuck Taylor

May 23, 2012 - 17

May 25, 2012 - Veronica

May 28, 2012 - Jakob Hammermeier

May 29, 2012 - Gran Akuma

May 30, 2012 - combatANT

May 31, 2012 - Green Ant

June 1, 2012 - Delirious

June 6, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

June 13, 2012 - Derek Sabato

June 20, 2012 - Sugar Dunkerton

June 22, 2012 - Delirious

June 25, 2012 - Mr. Touchdown

June 27, 2012 - Sara Del Rey

June 29, 2012 - Ophidian

July 6, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

July 9, 2012 - Sugar Dunkerton

July 11, 2012 - Green Ant

July 6, 2012 - Leonard F. Chikarason

July 18, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

July 23, 2012 - Icarus

July 26, 2012 - Jakob Hammermeier

July 29, 2012 - Green Ant

August 6, 2012 - 17

August 8, 2012 - Mike Quackenbush

August 14, 2012 - Jakob Hammermeier

August 16, 2012 - Scott Parker

August 21, 2012 - Derek Sabato

August 22, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

Auguest 29, 2012 - Delirious]

August 31, 2012 - Jigsaw

September 10, 2012 - Veronica

September 11, 2012 - combatANT

September 12, 2012 - Gran Akuma

September 13, 2012 - Tim Donst

September 14, 2012 - Mike Quackenbush

September 28, 2012 - Derek Sabato

October 1, 2012 - Harlem Bravado

October 3, 2012 - Sugar Dunkerton

October 5, 2012 - Mike Quackenbush

October 12, 2012 - Jakob Hammermeier

October 16, 2012 - Ophidian

October 19, 2012 - Green Ant

October 23, 2012 - Tim Donst

October 25, 2012 - Sapphire

October 30, 2012 - Derek Sabato

November 1, 2012 - deviANT

Reactions: geraldinhio
#11 · (Edited)
Del Rey turned her back on the entire Chikara locker room at Three Fisted Tales (2009 Season Finale) when she joined the then new stable known as the BDK run by Claudio & Ares. Her and Daizee spent most of 2010 beating up on the boys in the back, even accumulating three points towards a tag title shot. Claudio & Ares being champs at the time, it was clear that not only would they never get a shot at the belts, but they were more part of the group to keep other teams from attaining three points. So the rage begins to build. By the time 2011 comes along, you can feel the beast known as the BDK crumbling. Not showing the power and cohesion that lead them to win the Tag Titles, King Of Trios, YLC, etc. Daizee broke her nose at the 2010 Finale, and then for other reasons didn't see alot of action through out this year. Or atleast the second half. Sara gets voted into the CHIKARA 12 Large Grand Championship tourney despite the fact that every BDK member was suppose to nominate Claudio and Claudio only. SDR/Claudio happens eventually as they are in the same block. Claudio tells her to lay down, she doesn't. Honestly a great match u should try to find, SDR pins claudio. Dub C goes ham sandwich afterwards and is all pissed, one hand chokeslamming Daizee out of chikara. Girls are officially out of the BDK if they weren't already. Sara then finds herself away from the BDK, getting wins over the top men in CHIKARA. She loses to Quack in the finals of her block for the title tournament, but then goes on to win the Cibernetico.

As this season begins Del Rey is on a helluva roll. She has to be considered the top, if not one of the top contenders to Kingston's Grand Championship.

Thats all I got for her. As far as Chucky and Gargano.

Ok well, First things First. Chuck Taylor has to be the most decorated wrestler in CHIKARA's history excluding maybe Claudio and Hallowicked. He has been Young Lions Cup champion, was the First Rey De Voladores, Made Bryan Danielson tap out to win King of Trios for FIST, and is now one half of the tag Champs with Gargano. To sum them up very poorly as a team...they cheat. They are the official super cheating heels of Chikara. They do so very well. I believe they've cheated to win atleast one fall in every two out of three fall tag title matches they've been in over the past six months. I suggest trying to go back and find some of their work against Harada and Kotoge from Osaka, whether it be the title match or any of the last two years king of trios.

#40 ·
The Eye Of Tyr in Norse mythology is the eye of the god of war Tyr, now pardon me if I don't get into the whole BDK story, but if someone else can explain it better you should really ask about it as it is an interesting story with lots of tie ins to many other feuds in Chikara, Wikipedia will also be stolen hugely from :D

In Chikara however, is a mysterious Scandinavian artifact that can be used to control people's minds, but had gone missing from Switzerland, a guy named Dr. Cube had come in possession of it, and wanted Chris Hero to come wrestle for him since he was a fan of Hero, UltraMantis Black wanted the Eye Of Tyr, made a deal with Hero, that if he could get him the counter for the Chikara Special (a move invented by Mike Quackenbush that had caused here quite the trouble throughout 2007) Hero would go wrestle for Dr. Cube, Mantis taught the move to Hero, and in favor Hero left Chikara and went to wrestle for Cube.

In 2009 Mantis revealed all this and revealed that he had the Eye Of Tyr, and he wanted a 3rd member of The Order of the Neo-Solar, having failed with attemps such as Pinkie Sanchez & Sami Callihan, Mantis used the Eye Of Tyr to gain control of Delirious to get back at Delirious's tag partner Hallowicked, to make him the 3rd member, now here comes a part that'll play into the whole BDK story, because cccording to legend, once the Eye is used, it must be given away, or the user would face bad luck and tragedy. However, UltraMantis didn't believe this and refused to let go of the Eye.

During the third night of the 2009 Young Lions Cup, a man dressed in a white mask and clothes confronted UltraMantis Black in the ring and gave him a box. Inside of the box was a message stating that a war was coming. That same man would then begin sending messages over the internet to UltraMantis saying that he and his Temple would be destroyed if he did not return the Eye of Tyr to the "family". At Cibernetico Increible the man was joined by another larger man dressed in similar fashion and together they appeared in the crowd and confronted UltraMantis, who proceeded to flee the arena. Following the event a cyborg named Vökoder, who had debuted during the Young Lions Cup, came to UltraMantis and offered to protect the Eye of Tyr and to convince him of his sincerity, Vökoder started interfering in UltraMantis' matches in order to help him win. Eventually, UltraMantis made Vökoder the fourth member of The Order of the Neo–Solar Temple.
At the conclusion of the season eight finale titled Three-Fisted Tales, the two masked men once again confronted UltraMantis, calling him the man with the real power in Chikara. This time both men removed their masks and revealed themselves as Ares and Tursas. Immediately following this, Vökoder, who had been given the Eye of Tyr for safekeeping, attacked UltraMantis, while Claudio Castagnoli, Carpenter Ant, Sara Del Rey and Daizee Haze all turned rudo and helped Ares and Tursas beat down the tecnicos, who had gathered around the ringside area. Once the fight had subdued with the new group on top, Carpenter Ant unmasked as Pinkie Sanchez and Vökoder unmasked as Tim Donst, both of whom had a history with UltraMantis Black. After a salute, the group fled the arena with the Eye of Tyr intact.

On February 28, 2010, at A World of Comforting Illusions UltraMantis Black and Delirious used their three points and challenged The Colony of Fire Ant and Soldier Ant for the Campeonatos de Parejas. The Colony retained their titles in two straight falls, after Ares came out and used the Eye of Tyr to release Delirious, who then proceeded to go crazy and run out of the arena, abandoning UltraMantis. The following day Ares declared victory over UltraMantis and announced that now that he had gained revenge on him by destroying his dream of winning, not only the Campeonatos de Parejas, but also the King of Trios, he would be returning the Eye of Tyr to Switzerland and his father's collection.

In the end of 2011 UltraMantis sought to end his long rivalry with Ares by challenging him to a match at Chikara's first ever Internet pay-per-view, offering to put his mask on the line against Ares' Eye of Tyr. On November 13 at High Noon, UltraMantis and Hallowicked defeated Ares and Tim Donst in a No Disqualification match with UltraMantis pinning Ares to regain the Eye of Tyr. In winning the match, UltraMantis and Hallowicked also picked up their third point, earning the right to challenge for the Campeonatos de Parejas. UltraMantis first used the Eye of Tyr to get rid of Sinn Bodhi, handing him what was later revealed as a fake replica, which led to Bodhi parting ways with the promotion.

By all means, someone should really explain this better as I am horrible at stuff like this and my knowledge is pretty holed and mostly filled out by wiki, but I did it as well as I could :D

#121 ·
Yeah I kinda miss 2008 Gerard, but internet Gerard is still awesome :D on another note, if you don't follow his facebook account he's done a little further to hype his match:

This match on Sunday has got me thinking a lot about what I've done, what I should have done, and what I can still do. When I first started wrestling, or wanting to get involved in it, I tried everything I could to get in the door. When I was 16, I went to the first Chikara show at 1313 Linden Street in Allentown. From that day, I knew where I wanted to be. I consider myself one of the very first Chikara fans.
I remember a car ride with a guy by the name of "Kassius".. he asked me what I hoped to accomplish in wrestling. I told him I had already accomplished it, I wrestle for Chikara. To have been a part of Chikara, to have been Chikara's Young Lion's Cup Champion, and to now have the opportunity to become the Chikara's Grand Champion isn't something I'm taking for granted. This Sunday will be something you'd never expect. I'm laying it all out there because believe it or not, I love the Chikara brand. You can miss it if you want, but when you read about it, don't say I didn't tell you so.

#123 ·
Just watched The 13th Hat, my first CHIKARA show ever. I was entertained, it was a good show, perfect mix of cheesiness and very good wrestling. Sure, it wasn't the best thing ever, but I'm aware the Season XI has just begun, and the stories are just at the beginning, so the shit will pick up down the road, I'm sure. The best matches were Green Ant vs. Quack and Ophidian vs. Hieracon, both at ***1/4. The main event was good, but underwhelming for a main event slot (**).

Reactions: Genking48
#127 ·
Welcome to our happy Chikara family! Glad you picked up and watched the show. You're right, the main event wasn't the best booking. However, you're also correct in that Chikara always bounces back and usually has amazing shows. I found chikara last year right before High Noon and I have watched every show from last year and I find even on a poor night, they're still pretty bad ass.

#138 ·
1.) Opening contest sees a submission showdown pitting Ophidian vs. Green Ant
Winner by submission at 10:59 Ophidian after Green Ant was dropped throat first on an exposed turnbuckle

2.) Next up, a bonus match sees El Hijo del Ice Cream take on Saturyne. (LOS ICE CREAMS SIGHTING!!!)
6:42 time of the fall as Saturyne gets the win over El Hijo del Ice Cream & momentum towards tomorrow in Long Island

3.) Tag action sees the Colony, Soldier Ant & Fire Ant take on the Throwbacks, Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown
Green Ant (?!) attacks Dasher at 9:51 causing the Colony to be DQd & the Throwbacks have 1 point toward tag title contention

4.) The Big Rig, Brodie Lee squares off with Jigsaw, Chikara's grand slammer in a first time encounter!
Brodie Lee gets the win at 8:36 with the sit out powerbomb & makes it known, he's coming for the Grand Championship in Canada!

INTERMISSION!

News: During intermission, Wink Vavasuer stated in Johnny Gargnao's absence, he will be replaced by Icarus in the tag title match. (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There you go!)

5.) Back from intermission, we bring you Kobald taking on worldwide sensation, Colt Cabana.
At 8:11 Kobald taps to the Billy Goat's Curse and Colt Cabana is your winner!

6.) 8-man tag sees The Batiri, Tim Donst, and Jakob Hammerheir take on Gregory Iron, 3.0, and Eddie Kingston
Tim Donst makes Gregory Iron pass out at 19:01 with a questionable chin lock to give his team the win

7.) Archibald Peck led to the ring by Veronica gets ready to take on Sara Del Rey
The Royal Butterfly by Del Rey causes Peck to throw in the towel at 16:29

8.) Main event sees Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black got for tag gold against FIST
-After throwing powder in the eyes of Hallowicked, Icarus rolls him up for the first fall at 7:35
-Big boot by Hallowicked at 15:12 allows him to pin Icarus to tie things up
-Delirious seemingly out to assist the Spectral Envoy lays out UltraMantis allowing Icarus to pin Mantis & FIST retains the titles

Damn did a lot of stuff go down tonight and Kingston vs Gerard is still set for tomorrow. Holy shit what did Ultra Mantis Black do to make Delirious get involved in the main event. He remembers everything all right! Can not wait to see where it goes next. What is up with Green Ant getting all rudo on Dasher? Did not see that coming at all. Also looking forward to The Big Rig Brodie Lee getting a shot at the Grand Championship when CHIKARA goes to Canada.

Not that much more helpful but it's the most in-depth out there, atm.

#180 · (Edited)

Ophidian’s rise to the top has been a quick one! He’s defeated Hieracon, Green Ant and Archibald Peck all within a matter of two months. On Saturday, March 24th in Vaughan, ONT, he faces his biggest challenge to date – CHIKARA’s Grand Champion Eddie Kingston! These two will meet in a non-title singles confrontation! Kingston recently had his first title defense where he brutally beat Vin Gerard and sent him packing for good. Will he do the same to the ever-transforming Ophidian? Or will Ophidian add another name to his hit list?

#190 ·
I'm a Brodie Lee fan too.

He can lay claim to being one of the best bigger American guys on the same, without a doubt.

Like many, he's done well by going to Japan.

It worked for Bernard, Anderson, MVP and such, he's just the latest in a long line to benefit.

Just shows that despite people saying the way of life in terms of touring the world is over, you can still do it, and it can benefit you.

#477 ·
I'm bored so I started thinking of some dream teams or at least teams that I would be interested in seeing in KOT 2012:

Team Strong Stlye: Daisuke Sekimoto/ Yuji Okabayyashi/ Sami Callihan: I was going to put Sasaki in this team instead of Sami but Sasaki would just scare me in this environment. He is just too stiff in my opinion.I like that in Japan but in CHIKARA it would just make me frightened that someone would get seriously injured.

New School: ACH/ Sugar Dunkerton/ El Bandelero: Sugar Dunkerton has gotta bring a new team to the tournament and I think he might try to bring a little something different to the table to counteract the Throwbacks. Dunkerton has improved since leaving and coming back to CHIKARA so now is his real time to shine. ACH is such a gifted athlete and is the definition of NEW SCHOOL to me. He deserves to be in the YLC and in KOT. I don't know if I spelled it right but I have heard good things about El Bandelero

Team ROH: Young Bucks/ TJ Perkins: ROH has DBDX that weekend but maybe they won't use them. They didn't for BITW. Great fit in CHIKARA IMO and something I'd love to see.

Team WNC: Finlay/Tajiri/Kana: I want to see Kana so this was the team that I thought about. I guess having Finlay and Tajiri in there is okay.

Team DDT: Kenny Omega/ Kota Ibushi/ Keisuke Ishii: I love me some Omega and Ibushi.

Super Killer Mexican Bees: El Generico/ Paul London/ Brian Kendrick: It seems like Kendrick is rejuvenated and if London can keep things together this team would be all types of gold.

#910 ·
Icarus is great. While waiting in line at King of Trios this year I saw him leave the building and approach some fans that were eating pizza. He didn't say a word to them. He opened a box, saw it had pizza in it, picked up the box, and walked back inside. At no point did he ever say a word as he stole the pizza from some fans. It was incredible and I wish I had recorded it when it happened.

So in summary, Icarus is the man.

#933 ·
Today's Blog with ACH asking for another shot at the YLC and Mr. Touchdown. If they don't do Stranger/Touchdown for the ippv I'll be all for another great Touchdown/ACH match.

Reactions: Concrete
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.