Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WCW 2002: The Return

View Single Post

Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Nitro_4_Life
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Nitro_4_Life should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsNitro_4_Life should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsNitro_4_Life should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsNitro_4_Life should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsNitro_4_Life should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: WCW 2002: The Return

WCW Monday Nitro
February 4, 2002
Live from Montreal, QC

Nitro kicks off with a video package highlighting last night’s Superbrawl with the startling reveal of Chris Jericho as one member of the X Factor.

The Nitro music plays, the pyro goes off and about 15,000 fans cheer as Tony and Jerry the King Lawler welcome to WCW Monday Nitro.

“Thus Sprach Zarathustra” plays and the Nature Boy Ric Flair walks down the aisle with Chris Jericho and the other masked men in X Factor. Joining them are Stacey Kiebler and Torrie Wilson. They climb into the ring and Flair is handed a microphone.

(Flair) 24 hours ago the very foundation of World Championship Wrestling was shaken and the world realized that the X Factor was me! By Gawd, how could you not see that it was my plan all along, and everyone believed it to be true. Eric Bischoff, you’re out of WCW now and the new sheriff around these parts is the Nature Boy! WOOOOOO.

Fans in Montreal boo Flair and start a “Hogan” chant.

(Flair) Hogan, Hogan, Hogan, chant all you want because Hogan’s not here. Hogan wouldn’t dare come out to my ring. This is the ring that Flair built, and now with Chris Jericho and the rest of X Factor, we’re going to take WCW to heights it has never seen before. This is the new WCW, the WCW without a Hollywood Hogan, without an Eric Bischoff, and with the pretty ladies, the money, and the style of the Nature Boy! Nobody can stop be now! WOOOOO

Jericho is handed the microphone.

(Jericho) The Highlight of the Night is back again in World Championship Wrestling. I’ve come back because it’s time for WCW to see what Chris Jericho is truly all about. I’ve sat at home for months waiting for the opportunity to take this company by storm and prove to the world that the Highlight of the Night isn’t Hogan, it isn’t Goldberg, it isn’t Sting... It’s Chris Jericho!!!!

Fans continue the boos

(Jericho) When I left WCW, I was the laughing stock of this pathetic company, but now I am back as an Icon of Entertainment. I am a legend, a guru of awesome and nobody can take that away from me. I am going to become the next World Heavyweight Champion.

The X Factor is interrupted by Rowdy Roddy Piper who comes down to the ring.

(Piper) Listen here bubba, you may think that just because Eric Bischoff isn’t here that you can run the joint, but think again.

(Ric) What the hell are you doing out here Piper?

(Piper) I’m out here because I was told we’re having a party here in Montreal!

Fans give a cheap pop to piper.

(Piper) And since Eric Bischoff is sidelined I have been asked to step in as interim Commissioner for WCW. Until Bischoff comes back, I call the shots Flair!

Flair takes his jacket off and gets in Piper’s face as the fans cheer for Roddy.

(Piper) So this is how things are going to go down tonight. There are a lot of problems that need to be dealt with from last night’s Pay-Per-View, so I’m going to set the record straight on them. Tonight we pave the road for Redemption. A lot of people were wondering what was happening with Sting during the gang beat on Hogan and Scott Steiner a few weeks back, so tonight we’re going to redeem Sting a little by putting him in a match. In fact, Sting’s going to be in a match against you Chris Jericho.

Jericho yells hysterically at Piper as he continues.

(Piper) Hey boob, you want to be in the big leagues, well now you’re gonna be. You and Sting in tonight’s Main Event, plus there’s to be no outside interference. That means no guys in ski masks in the ring. Furthermore, I have a plan for your Ric; you’re going to be involved in a match as well tonight against Hollywood Hogan!

Piper’s music plays as the Commissioner leaves the ring. Flair, Jericho and the other members of X Factor are visibly upset by Piper’s announcement.

Commercial Break

Match 1: Ron “The Truth” Killings vs. Raven
The Truth kicks off the match in great fashion by dominating Raven with quick moves and high flying manoeuvres that keeps Raven down. The Truth drives Raven down to the canvas with a scissor kick and covers him for a near fall. Raven gets back to his feet and dramatically changes the dynamic of the match by whipping the Truth shoulder first into the ring post. Raven starts a beat down on the Truth’s shoulder and attempts to yank the arm out of its socket. Raven clotheslines Killings to the canvas and covers him, but Killings gets a shoulder up. Raven continues his assault on The Truth in the middle of the ring. Ron goes to the outside, but Raven follows out after him and slams his shoulder into the ring post. Raven continues to wear down the Truth then nails him with the evenflow DDT. The Truth is covered for the 1...2...3.
Winner: Raven via pinfall (4:03)

Raven win is short lived when Diamond Dallas Page comes down to the ring with a steel chair. Page attempts to nail Raven with the chair but Raven quickly exits the ring and goes through the crowd. Page is handed a microphone.

(Page) Listen Raven, you like cheap shots well how about we have a cheap shot next week. You and Me, Raven’s Rules Match! Badda Bing, Badda Boom, Badda BANG!

“Self High Five” hits as DDP helps the Truth up to his feet.

Backstage:
Cruiserweight Champion Christopher Daniels talks about beating AJ Styles last night at SuperBrawl and walking out with the Cruiserweight Championship still around his waist. Daniels considers himself the greatest champion of all time as he pours himself an apple martini.

Commercial Break

Match 2: Booker T vs. Mark Jindrak
Jindrak’s size proves as an advantage for him in this contest against the former World Champion. Jindrak slams Booker to the canvas with tilt-a-whirl slam. Booker is kept down on the canvas with a side headlock, but the former champion fights back to his feet and whips Matt into the ropes. Booker hits him with a shoulder block, but Matt doesn’t move. Booker bounces off the ropes and clotheslines Jindrack into the ropes. Booker charges after him and boots him in the chest, sending Matt over the top rope. Booker climbs to the top and dives outside the ring with a missile drop kick. Booker rolls Matt in the ring and covers him for a near fall. The match continues in the ring with Jindrak regaining control with a spine buster. Jindrak climbs to the top rope and dives with a cross body on Booker. Jindrak finishes with a Springboard Clothesline on Booker and covers him for the 1...2...3.
Winner: Mark Jindrak via pinfall (4:27)

Jindrak’s hand is raised in victory following the match and he leaves Booker T in the ring.

Backstage:
Rowdy Roddy Piper has an exchange with the new Tag Team Champions. After a confrontation with Bobby Heenan, Piper announces that the Tag Team Championships will be defended on Nitro next week against the Road Warriors. Piper tells the champs to prepare.

Video:
WCW Presents Redemption: 03/03/02 Live from Charlotte North Carolina and only on PPV.

Commercial Break

“I Am” plays and AJ Styles comes out to the ring with a cast over his wrist. AJ gets in the ring and is handed a microphone.

(AJ) First things first, I want to set the Cruiserweight Champion straight on last night. Christopher Daniels; you and I both know you did not walk out last night the winner. You may still be champion, but you didn’t beat me. However; you did achieve one thing last night when you broke my wrist. You were able to piss off the one person you really don’t want to. You see Daniels, you may think you’re the greatest champion ever, but you still aren’t Phenomenal. Why; because you haven’t beat me yet. So I talked to our commissioner earlier on tonight and we’ve agreed that I’m going to take some time off to recuperate; say until 3.3.2 Redemption. Then I’m going to come back to WCW and beat the living hell out of you, but until that time I have one more message for you Chris... I have a friend who is dying to get a shot at you tonight. So how about we see how much of a champion you really are.

Daniels comes out to the entrance way with an apple martini in hand and the championship around his waist.

(Daniels) As much as I would love to wrestle tonight AJ, the Champion just isn’t schedule to wrestle tonight.

(AJ) I am sure we can make an exception to that rule tonight Chris.

(Daniel) I don’t think you realize how grueling it was to defend my belt last night. It was the fight of my life, but I managed to kick your ass and walk out as champion. I’m not wrestling tonight.

Fans in Montreal cheer when Daniels is grabbed from behind by Shane Helms. Daniels drops his martini as he’s rolled into the ring. AJ stops Daniels from leaving long enough for Helms to get in the ring. A referee runs down and rings the bell to start the match.

Match 3: Non-Title Match: Christopher Daniels vs. Shane Helms (w. AJ Styles)
Helms dominates the champion, backing him in the corner and nailing him with a number of uppercuts. Daniels is whipped across the ring into the other corner and Helms charges with a lariat on Daniels. The Fallen Angel falls to the canvas as Helms continues to fight. The champion rolls outside, but AJ doesn’t allow him to catch his breath. AJ rolls the champion back into the ring. Daniels is pulled to his feet and is nailed with a drop kick over the top rope. Daniels gets to his feet outside when Helms dives springboards over the top with a suicide dive. They take their fight back in and Daniels finally gets a moment when he pokes Helms in the eyes. Daniels dropkicks Helms to the canvas and starts an offensive on him. Daniels goes for the Best Moonsault Ever, but Helms jumps to the ropes and slams Daniels with a suplex off the ropes. Helms hits the Nightmare on Helms Street and covers the champion for the win.
Winner: Shane Helms via pinfall (6:59)

AJ and Helms celebrate the victory in the ring as the champion rolls out under the ropes.

Commercial Break

Backstage:
The Nature Boy talks with the members of X Factor including Chris Jericho. Flair is reassured that the X Factor will have his back tonight when he gets in the ring against Hollywood Hogan. Flair talks about another insurance policy that he has lined up for tonight.

Match 4: Hollywood Hogan (w. Miss Elizabeth) vs. Nature Boy Ric Flair
“Voodoo Child” revs up the crowd in Montreal as the Red and Yellow of Hollywood Hogan fills the arena. Hogan and Elizabeth come out to a deafening response from the fans. The “Hogan” chants continue long into the Nature Boy’s entrance. Flair and Hogan hook up for the first time ever on HBO. They lock up in the ring and it’s clear that Hogan has the early advantage. Flair whips Hogan into the ropes but is knocked down by a shoulder block from Hogan. Hollywood taunts Flair to get back to his feet and they lock up again. This time Hogan throws Flair into the corner. Flair comes out and they lock up a third time. Flair is whipped into the corner again, but comes out with a poke to the eye of the Icon. Flair slaps a wrist lock on Hogan and applies pressure. Flair uses dirty tactics to get an early advantage of the Hulkster. Flair hits a vertical suplex on Hogan and covers him for a 2 count. Hogan gets up to his knees, but the Nature Boy continues the assault on the Icon. Flair backs Hogan into the corner and slaps him with a series of knife edged chops. The Nature Boy whips Hogan into the opposite corner and nails a clothesline on him. Flair continues to control Hollywood in the ring. A sleeper puts Hogan out cold in the middle of the ring. The referee checks on the Icon as the Hollywood Hogan chants continue in Montreal. Hogan fights to his feet and throws Flair into the ropes. Hogan clotheslines Flair to the canvas. Hollywood gets the fans hyped up while he goes after the Nature Boy. Flair rolls to the outside and Hogan goes after him. They fight outside the ring and Hogan rakes the eyes of Flair and slams him head first into the guard rail. Flair fights back with a chop, but Hogan retaliates with a punch to the skull of Flair. Hogan rolls Flair into the ring when he is jumped by four masked men in X Factor. They jump Hogan on the outside of the ring when Scott Steiner comes down. Steiner and Hogan fight off the X Factor and Hogan goes in after Flair. The match continues with Hogan in control of the Nature Boy. Flair changes it up with a low blow then starts working on the knee of the Hulkster. Flair slaps on the Figure Four in the middle of the ring and attempts to get Hogan to tap out. Hogan rolls out of it and Flair gets up. The Nature Boy jabs Hogan with repeated right hand punches. Hogan falls to the canvas and Flair covers him for the pin. Hogan kicks out and starts Hulking up. Hogan nails Flair with a Big Boot to the face and follows up with a Leg Drop. Hogan is about to go for the cover when Savage gets in the ring and knocks Hogan out with the timekeeper`s bell. Flair covers Hogan for the 1...2...3.
Winner: Nature Boy Ric Flair via pinfall (9:55)

Flair and Savage celebrate in the ring when Goldberg comes out. Savage and Goldberg start brawling in the ring. They take their fight through the crowd again, leading to more unfinished business. Flair is left taunting Hogan in the middle of the ring when he is joined by Big Poppa Pump. The World Champion exchanges rights with the Nature Boy before clotheslining Flair over the top rope. Big Poppa Pump stands tall in the ring as Hogan slowly gets back up.

Commercial Break

Backstage:
The Macho Man and Goldberg continue their brawl through the locker room area. Every possible item backstage is used as a weapon as Savage tries to fight off Goldberg. Goldberg spears Savage through a set of doors outside the arena. They fight in the parking lot until Goldberg is ran down by a car. Savage gets on Goldberg and beats the living hell out of the unconscious phenom. The X Factor gets out of the car and continues the beat down on Goldberg until the police heard coming in. They all run away before the police get there.

Back in the arena, Tony Schiavone and the King address the crowd.

(Tony) What an assault at the hands of Savage and the X Factor on Goldberg, will we see Goldberg regroup and get back in the ring?

(King) This won’t be the last time we see Goldberg. He’ll be back and with the vengeance towards Savage. What I’d like to know though is what Roddy Piper has planned for those two men.

(Tony) Hopefully we’ll find out more next week. The commissioner of WCW will also address the World Heavyweight Championship Match that will take place at Redemption on March 3rd.

Commercial Break

The bell rings three times with Michael Buffer making the official announcement for WCW Nitro’s Main Event

Match 5: Chris Jericho vs. Sting
The Highlight of the Night Chris Jericho comes down to the ring with Fozzy “The Prisoner” as his entrance music. “Crow” plays and the WCW Icon emerges from the entrance way with white smoke filtering through the set. The Highlight of the Night and the Icon stare each other down in the middle of the ring. They kick off the match with punches back and forth. The Icon is backed into the corner by Jericho who maintains a strong offensive on the Stinger until Sting fights out of the corner with a clothesline that takes Chris down. The Icon dropkicks Jericho and the Highlight of the Night rolls to the outside of the ring. Jericho gets back in and hits Sting with a shoulder in the mid section. He dives over the top rope and rolls Sting up for a two count. The match continues back and forth for several minutes until Jericho drops Sting with a swinging neck breaker. Jericho punches Sting several times before the referee orders him off of Sting. Jericho hits the Lionsault off the ropes and covers Sting for a 2 count. The match continues with Jericho working the lower back of the Icon. Jericho drops Sting with a back breaker to the canvas. The Highlight of the Night showboats for the crowd and taunts Sting as he lays motionless in the ring. The Icon is picked up and whipped into the corner. Jericho charges after with a clothesline on Sting then continues to beat him down with several punches and chops. The Stinger hulks up then throws Jericho into the corner. Sting nails him with several chops then whips in across to the other corner. The Icon nails him with a Stinger Splash then follows up with a face plant on Jericho. The Stinger gives a Woooo to the crowed before slapping the Scorpion Death Lock on Jericho in the middle of the ring. Jericho cries out in pain before fighting to the ropes. The Highlight of the Night gets to his feet when Sting starts back on the attack. Jericho throws the referee in the way and Sting inadvertently knocks Nick Patrick to the canvas. Sting and Jericho continue their fight in the ring with the Icon getting bested by the Highlight of the Night. Jericho drops Sting with a drop kick then prepares to cover him. The referee isn’t anywhere to be found when Rhino runs down to the ring. The War Machine goes for the Gore on Chris Jericho, but ends up nailing Sting instead. Jericho drops Rhino with a back cracker and then follows up with a pin on Sting. Nick Patrick makes a slow 1...2...3
Winner: Chris Jericho via pinfall (10:01)

The main event concludes with Jericho and the rest of the X Factor joining in on an assault on the Icon Sting. Hollywood Hogan and Scott Steiner come down to the ring to aid Sting. Soon Savage and Flair get down to the ring as well and outnumber Hogan and Steiner. X Factor continue their assault on everyone when the lights go off in Montreal. After several minutes the lights come back on and all the X Factor members are knocked out around the ring while the WCW stars slowly try to regroup. Tony and The King comment on who may have taken out the X Factor.

Next Week on Nitro:
WCW Tag Team Championship – Perfectly Buff (c) vs. Road Warriors
Rowdy Roddy Piper makes an announcement concerning the World Heavyweight Championship match at Redemption.

WCW Redemption
03/03/02
Live from Charlotte, North Carolina

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels (c) vs. Phenomenal AJ Styles
Nitro_4_Life is offline   Reply With Quote