Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Shield Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #2513 (permalink)
Eddie Ray
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000Eddie Ray 501 - 1000
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanboxmeer View Post
What a goof. Playing the sexist card that the lowest common denominator and thinking THAT's the reason people find her grating and annoying. Hardly surprising coming from the type of person who defended the GM AJ pus and the babyface AJ/Cena/Vickie/Dolph angle to death as being compelling television simply because you were an AJ fan who would literally jump in front of any criticism of your precious woman. People hate this crap, because it's first of all terrible television, not just because it's a woman. This is proven because there are tons of female posters who also loathe AJ and her ridiculous push. And 2nd, it does literally nothing for anybody other than a girl that doesn't even wrestle, nevermind wrestle at the quality level that her push would dictate as a main event level and actively hurts every other character that's involved in angles with her. If there was no AJ push, the incredibly stale Vickie wouldn't even be given this amount of television time since her only purpose is to put over this girl.
i'm noth saying everyone is sexist but htere is a clear sexist attitude on this forum that, I believe, contributes to this hate. Its an observation and i'm not using as a scape goat. Such comments usually involve sexist language so isn't it fair to assume such a thing based on it? just as if someone used homophobic language when refeering to gay character, isn't that a fair observation to make?

The sad thing is, she DOES have in ring talent but for some reason the WWE don't want to show it, which irritates me to death because her strongest point was her in ring skills, shes no Sara Del Rey but she can carry herself through a match better than 70% of the divas roster and her Octopus stretch is a move I mark out for, but we just don't see it, unfortunately.

She is also the best current female on the mic. that is a fact. All the other girls sound like they are reading off a teleprompter. AJ at least puts emotion and character into her words and she has a gimmick. She is also good at nuanced facial expressions which is so vital in creating ones character.

AJ isn't the only woman I mark for but unfortunately the next woman I like is still in NXT (Paige)

Oh and just for the record...the AJ Cena thing was painful to me too...it was kinda pointless and cringeworthy. the kane punk and bryan thing was atleast entertaining and led to Team Hell No being created. Also I still love seeing AJ push Punk into a table. that moment was epic imo.

TEAM AMBROSE

Last edited by Eddie Ray : 12-18-2012 at 09:26 AM.