Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #11641 (permalink)
Choke2Death
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania

Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
Opening match is such a fun tag. It's an underrated bout from the year.

btw, Austin didn't appear b/c he refused to job to Coach. Mark Henry was slated to return, destroy Austin, and have Coach get the pin. Austin wasn't for it so he split.

That show is the definition of main events saving it. You were more civil towards the show than I am. Especially on the Batista/Coach & Divas matches which were total DUDs.
That's what I read too. I just don't get why Austin would make his ring return against COACH of all people. Still sucks that he never had that WM22 match with Hogan they wanted to have after the Homecoming tease. Would have been epic. But I guess politics got in the way of things Austin refusing to job and Hogan being his usual self.

And the reason I come across more 'civil' is because I don't have the DUD rating in my system. The lowest I go is zero and that's only saved for the worst of the worst like most one move matches. I only gave that handicap street fight *1/2 because I found parts of it funny. And the divas match gets a pass because Victoria, Mickie and TRISH all look awesome in it.

I have to say something regarding your 07 ratings, though. Why is HBK/Orton from JD rated so low? If I'm not mistaken, it's only used to write off HBK because he had an injury at the time, right? How stupid to do it at a PPV!

And I'm really eager to watch the Batista/Edge matches with both as main eventers. All their Raw matches in 2004 were terrible and unmemorable (much like 99.9% of Batista's pre-main event work) but I guess as main eventers, they had more to bring to the table.