Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - What was the last movie you watched?
View Single Post
post #188 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 01:59 AM
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES
Déesse de L'extase

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk-In View Post
Comedies as a whole have seemingly changed a lot over the years. If I were to try to pinpoint it back to when the "trend" changed, I would point to "There's Something About Mary." I think that was the modern era comedy that started a lot of the raunchy humor, which then led to a plethora of other comedies like "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," "Old School," "American Pie" & shit like that. I'm not really a big fan of that style of humor, honestly. I would rather slap in "UHF" on DVD. Although there have been some comedies that have came out recently that I have enjoyed like "Hot Rod" or "Hot Tub Time Machine." I just assumed "Ted" is another one of those raunchy comedies & I don't really give a fuck about those. Plus, I hate Seth MacFarlane with a passion & think he's an unfunny tool.

Obviously that's not to say that comedies of yesteryear like "Porky's" or "Animal House" wasn't doing the same shit but I think you get my point. What I'm trying to say is that I'm never going to watch "Ted." I don't want to watch a CGI Teddy Bear with the voice of Peter Griffin cuss for an hour and a half.
tbhayley, Ted wasn't raunchy at all. Family Guy is much worse in that department. Yeah, it had a teddy bear banging a chick, and a quick boob flash (I watched the unrated version so maybe that wasn't even in the original cut?) It was fairly mild on the sexual front. Mostly language and one crude moment is where the "adult content" came in. Oh, drugs too. Drugs were among the most common element along with foul language. So while I do agree with you on your point (although I liked the majority of "raunchy" comedies you listed) Ted didn't really fall under that category, imo. I wouldn't claim it's anything to go out of your way to see either. If you hate MacFarlane, then avoiding it is probably for the best.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome