Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2011: Pushing the Boundaries
View Single Post
post #113 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
ThatWeirdGuy
CHYEAH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WWE 2011: Pushing the Boundaries

Raw feedback much appreciated, thanks guys!

wwe.com
Headline!

Has Drew McIntyre played Dolph and Vickie?

On Raw, Drew McIntyre defeated Alex Riley to become the number one contender for the United States Championship, thus earning a match with the United States Champion Dolph Ziggler at Hell in a Cell with the title on the line. Seems pretty simple, right? Well, no it isn't. McIntyre has been desperately craving the managerial services of Ziggler's manager Vickie Guerrero after seeing what she has done for Ziggler, gaining him a World Heavyweight Championship and the United States Championship. Ziggler and Guerrero agreed to give McIntyre help, if he completed a series of tasks for them first. At Night of Champions, McIntyre completed the first stage when he helped Ziggler overcome Rey Mysterio to defend the title. By beating Riley, McIntyre finished the second task... but the third task comes this Sunday at Hell in a Cell; he has to lie down in the middle of the ring and let Dolph Ziggler pin him down to the mat for a 3-Count.

The ultimate form of humiliation for any WWE Superstar, being made to lie down against your own will is something nobody wants to do... but what if McIntyre does want to lie down for Ziggler? If he does, he has earned himself a very competent manager in Vickie Guerrero and possible tag team partner in Dolph Ziggler, a definite improvement on what his current situation is; rarely appearing on Raw and not being able to steal a win on WWE Superstars. One thing that Drew cannot forget though is that he now has a United States Championship Match on Pay-Per-View; he has the prime opportunity to take the United States Championship for himself and he would have taken both Ziggler and Guerrero for fools and surely earn himself the adoration of the WWE Universe. These are two distinct possibilities that both benefit McIntyre... so no matter what he is the true winner in this situation.

We sent our interviewer wizard, Briley Pierce, to try and catch up with the Sinister Scotsman to see what he has planned for this Sunday....

Spoiler for Drew McIntyre Interview:
We are right in with the scene and Briley Pierce is standing by with Drew McIntyre, who is covered in sweat on his head, his match obviously not that long ago.

Briley Pierce: Drew McIntyre, congratulations on your match tonight, you are now the number one contender for the United States Championship... but there is one question now on everybody's lips; are you going to lie down for Dolph Ziggler?

McIntyre runs his hand through his hair... he doesn't look at Pierce and stays silent.

Briley Pierce: Drew... you gotta give us something! You have the chance to become United States Champion or alternatively gain the managerial services of Vickie Guerrero... the question is; which one do you want more?

Drew still no sells the question from the interviewer by looking away from Pierce. Briley turns to the cameraman and shrugs his shoulders; diving in for one more question.

Briley Pierce: C'mon man... you really got nothing to say?

Finally McIntyre turns to Pierce with a serious look on his face.

Drew McIntyre: This Sunday, at Hell in a Cell... I will do what I feel is best for my career in the future.

With that, McIntyre walks off, leaving Pierce looking extremely confused. The interviewer is left shaking his head as the camera fades out.

-----

Spoiler for Can we have the camera back now please, Wade?:
Oddly, as soon as we go into the video, we are right on a close up shot of Smackdown Superstar Wade Barrett holding the camera right under his face as he walks along what seems to be some corridors backstage.

Wade Barrett: Just to clarify something, I have not stolen this camera; I have liberated from one of these idiots that are incapable of doing such a simple task to a satisfactory standard.

He looks around as to make sure no one is watching him.

Wade Barrett: Orton, I'm not going to tolerate being RKO'd for no apparent reason lightly, and I know that we have a match at Hell in a Cell... but I just don't want to wait that long.

He stops walking, and seemingly stands up against a wall, the camera still right in his face.

Wade Barrett: You are a worm, Orton... not a Viper. You are an insignificant little insect that needs to be smeared along the pavement with the bottom of my shoe.

Barrett now lowers the camera down and shows us his smart shoes, giving away that he is dressed smartly in a shirt and trousers. We can hear a commotion from somewhere which causes Barrett to lift the camera quickly back up to his face.

Wade Barrett: Right, I'm going to make this quick because these idiots want their camera back... I'm challenging The Worm to a match this Friday on Smackdown and I will show all of you just how dangerous Wade Barrett really is!

???: HEY! GIVE THAT BACK!

Barrett's face turns into one of slight distress and he starts running away whilst still holding the camera.

Wade Barrett: Piss off!

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwtorch.com

WWE to change TV Rating, TNA releases, WWE Star Suspended & More Debuts to come?

- This week it has been reported that WWE Board members are planning to revert back to the TV-14 rating for Raw and Smackdown, and ditch the PG rating that has been in place for the past few years. Reasons for the switch back is believed to be that WWE Creative Staff want to include more edgier storylines and make feud seem more meaningful, by being able to put in more serious undertones. Internet fans have been raving that this could be the start of a new 'Attitude Era' in the WWE with past superstars such as The Rock and Triple H being featured on television more prominently. Current Superstars such as CM Punk and John Cena are said to be in favour of the switch, surprisingly Cena as his fanbase is mainly the younger demographic, but he is quoted to have said "I just want my character to try and appeal to a different audience". Given that he has a match with The Rock set for Wrestlemania 28, the belief is that officials want the older demographics to be more invested in the product to increase buyrates for big events such as Wrestlemania; the higher rating is more likely to attract the older viewers.

-TNA announced this week that they have released a number of top talents, due to some budget cuts. The released talents include; Magnus, Abyss, Hernandez, Velvet Sky, Sarita, Rosita and most notably Kurt Angle has asked to be released from his TNA contract. Angle reportedly is not happy with his character's direction in the company, and reportedly wants to begin training for the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games. WWE are apparently keeping an eye on some of the talent released by TNA, and even are already in negotiations with two of the released talents over a contract and WWE are hoping that they would be able to debut before 2011 is up.

-Evan Bourne (real name Matthew Korklan) has been suspended for 30 Days following his first violation of the WWE Wellness Policy. It is thought that his incident with Brodus Clay on Raw this past Monday was a way of writing him off of television whilst he serves his suspension.

-Last week Brodus Clay made his long-awaited debut on Monday Night Raw, and this week we saw a young man named Xavier Woods appear backstage in a segment with John Laurinaitis. It is thought that Woods will make his in ring debut in two weeks time. Creative have reportedly said that they have a big storyline set up for Woods in the coming months and one of the reasons that the change back to TV-14 was important for them. However, despite those two recent debuts, it looks like more are on the way as Epico & Hunico from FCW seem to be the next stars set to come up from developmental, and they could arrive as early as just after Vengeance. WWE have also signed another tag team from the independent circuit; The Kings of Wrestling. The team of Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli have been on the WWE radar for a while now and will both be sent to FCW before being promoted up to the main roster.
I've started Smackdown, but I don't have a clue when it will be up just yet, not going to try and wear myself out because I've been really ill these past couple of days.

Congrats to the three tournament finalists as well... #TeamFlux

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome