Votes: 149 11.9%
  • Reigns

Votes: 297 23.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shield Discussion Thread

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Endors Toi 
#1 · (Edited)
All discussion on Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins goes here.

See less See more
1 1
#4,304 ·
Re: Please shed some light on why The Shield got involved in CM Punk Vs The Rock.

It was just one part of a horribly orchestrated finish. Like I said in another thread, we're supposed to believe that Heyman is stupid enough to believe that this 'master plan' of turning off the lights would actually work?

I can accept setting up Rock-Cena II, I saw it coming a long time ago. But I think they did a horrible job with that finish.

#4,306 ·
I'm immensely impressed by Ambrose - watched some of his past work and it was pretty fucking good.

You can easily spot the differences between the three guys. I think that teases even more the future that awaits them as single competitors.

Thought knowing the WWE, you never know if any of them will be let to achieve something big.

#4,320 ·
Elimination Chamber will be brilliant if booked correctly but anyone in the way of Cena right now is likely to get steamrolled which would be a shame, not sure I can see anyone pinning Cena if we do get the 6 man tag Elimination Chamber Match :mark: Would be brutal.

I do wonder what they end up doing at WrestleMania, Something like Heyman vs Vince foe something on the line.

#4,354 ·
Elimination Chamber will be brilliant if booked correctly but anyone in the way of Cena right now is likely to get steamrolled which would be a shame, not sure I can see anyone pinning Cena if we do get the 6 man tag Elimination Chamber Match :mark: Would be brutal.
I posted about this scenario in the Elimination Chamber section - the thread was based on a War Games style match for the PPV main event. I know that lots of people may not like the final outcome in the booking I have planned out for the match, but it's a completely logical way for something like this to unfold. I'd love to get people's thoughts on this:

I love this idea so much and it would certainly be a good match, plus it gives some guys something to do leading up to Wrestlemania. Here's how I'd book it - The Shield vs. Cena/Ryback/Sheamus.

There's an entirely logical way to book this match so everyone comes out looking good...
- I'd start Rollins & Sheamus, Sheamus controls for most of the start
- Next in is Reigns, helps Rollins wear down Sheamus
- Ryback in next hot: quick succession of moves on Rollins & Reigns while Sheamus is down
- As a Shield member is in the corner, Ryback charges for a shoulder tackle but misses & smashes head on Chamber window
- Sheamus recovers in time to help save Ryback from a 2 on 1 beatdown
- Ambrose in with Ryback still down, triple powerbomb, Sheamus eliminated
- Ryback recovers, quick moves to all 3, Shellshocked to Rollins, Rollins eliminated
- Cena in hot, goes to deliver AA to Reigns, Ambrose low blow
- While Cena is down, Ambrose & Reigns take out the monster, Ryback eliminated
- 2 0n 1 odds now, but Cena slams Ambrose onto Chamber floor, AA to Reigns, Reigns eliminated

Up next is the most important section & it needs to be booked in a similar fashion or the Shield loses a lot of steam

- With Ambrose & Cena left, Ambrose MUST get the upper hand for Cena to look vulnerable
- As Ambrose stands over Cena & gloats, Maddox comes from beneath the Chamber, into the ring behind Ambrose & low blows him
- Cena recovers enough to AA Ambrose & pick up the win for his team

I think that as long as the eliminations are alternated & Maddox is involved to help Cena get the win, everybody comes out smelling like roses. Cena doesn't lose, but the Shield looks like they were going to win the match without Maddox's interference. Maddox gets a measure of revenge, even if it's short-lived for him to get beaten to a pulp by the Shield on TV again. The main points from this? The Shield has some individual moments to shine, Reigns is NEVER in the ring 1 on 1 (I'm not sure he could carry an extended portion of the match), and most importantly Cena isn't invincible and needed some help to escape.

#4,328 ·
The shield in a stable with Brock and Punk led by Heyman is gonna be awesome!

#4,331 ·
One thing apart from live promos I would like to see these three do would be to start using their individual finishers. Seth with the Blackout, Reigns with his Moment of Silence and Dean acting all 1994 Bob Backlund with the Crossface Chickenwing would add some variation to their beatdowns.

#4,334 ·

The part when The Shield comes in is fucking intense and badass and just awesome. It felt like a movie or something.

"Take the beating like a man, Brad, come on." :mark: + The Shield & Brad's selling when they start attacking. :mark:

I could use the mark emoticon 100 times whenever I discuss The Shield.

#4,349 ·
Re: Please shed some light on why The Shield got involved in CM Punk Vs The Rock.

The Shield obviously see injustice of someone like Rock coming back to WWE to take the title when he hasent been around for years. But Rock overcome the Shield by re starting the match and winning the WWE title :rock4

#4,353 ·

They done it because they were paid to by Heyman at least (and probably Punk too but he may deny knowledge of it). They kept the lights out because in Punk and Heyman's mind that would be inconclusive enough to prove that it was The Shield who interfered.

But Vince threw the old "can't call what you can't see" line out the window and accepted that it was The Shield who done it.

What I want to know is... and no one touched on this that I recall - why didn't Punk just do the obvious heel tactic and get disqualified in a traditional way. The match had countouts and DQs applicable as far as I could tell so why didn't he take that easy way out?

I could understand Punk wanting to beat Rock due to the feud and such but when it clearly wasn't working he coulda just grabbed a chair and whacked the Rock with it - problem over. Presumably if he did do that Vince would restart the match anyway, but why wouldn't Punk's character at least try that get out clause?

It's why I hate the whole DQ title situation... every heel would, by their character's standards, use this get out every time they could.

#4,355 ·
The shield is stupid, but it's not their fault.

It just doesn't feel like they "destroy" the people that the WWE makes it look like they "destroy". We need blood to make things really intense and the beatings need to last longer. The thing is that if it wasn't PG they could reach their heights as the bad guys, and it would be really cool and badass. Right now it just seems like some mid carders trying to fight anybody just because there is three of them.

#4,366 ·
Reigns hair whip. :lmao

Now replace Reigns with me, remove Ambrose and Rollins, and you have the makings of a beautiful and healthy interracial couple.
:angel

I hope they really do have The Shield fight against Sheamus, Ryback, and Cena in the chamber. I want everyone in before eliminations start. Have some nice back and forth action but ultimately, I want The Shield to obliterate them. Sheamus is sexier when he is dazed and bleeding.

Also, that match is easily MOTN if they are in the chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.