Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#3,089 · (Edited)
Re: NBA Thread: 12/13 Season - Are the Warriors for real?

How are the Grizzlies so inconsistent though?

Is Gay that much of a black-hole that Randolph and Gasol don't get as many touches as they did back in the 2011 playoffs?

I thought that would show the Hollins "Hey, Randolph is a fucking beast facing up and backing down, he should be the 1st option."

"Oh look, Gasol has his brothers game. Surely we can give him so more touches since he is great in the post as well?"

#3,091 ·

Millsap to the Rockets please.
They would have to get rid of Parsons or Asik.

No way that goes down.

#3,093 ·

The Rockets aren't trading Asik. Parsons is a maybe but they're pretty high on them.

The Jazz can either lose Millsap for nothing or get something back. I'm sure a package of Patterson, Jones, Delfino and a pick for Millsap and Raja Bell's contract could work. Especially if the Rockets are willing to take Raja from the Jazz who they're desperately trying to get rid of.

Patterson wouldn't really be a good SF, his ideal position is the stretch four. He'd be a great backup to Favors.

#3,097 ·

If Shumpert & Amar'e come back and mesh with the team, especially Amar'e, the Knicks will come out of the East.

You can quote me, sig me, remember it, write it down, take a picture, I don't care. I don't think the Heat will beat the Knicks in the playoffs is Amar'e meshes with the team. The Knicks would easily be the most balanced team in the league. They'd have it all.

#3,098 ·

If Shumpert & Amar'e come back and mesh with the team, especially Amar'e, the Knicks will come out of the East.

You can quote me, sig me, remember it, write it down, take a picture, I don't care. I don't think the Heat will beat the Knicks in the playoffs is Amar'e meshes with the team. The Knicks would easily be the most balanced team in the league. They'd have it all.
I can piggy-back on this sentiment as well.

If Amare can mesh with the Knicks, and they are still playing at the level they have been, the Heat aren't to come out of the East.

#3,102 ·

LeBron James is the best player on urf. Until he loses, I'm not betting against the Heat. To me, picking the Knicks in the East is like picking the Clippers in the West. Come playoff time, it's just a different beast.

#3,103 ·

I think everyone in this thread, including me owes StarzNBarz an apology.

Starz, I apologize for calling you an idiot and moron when you said Deron wasn't a top 5 PG. I have seen the light. He was nothing more than a product of Jerry Sloan and the sooner these people accept it, the better.

#3,107 ·

I'd give Starz an apology if that was the only problem that he had with his list. ***** also said Kyrie wasn't that good and had Rondo top 3. Rondo is not top 3 whether you Celtic fans like it or not.

#3,120 ·

I'd give Starz an apology if that was the only problem that he had with his list. ***** also said Kyrie wasn't that good and had Rondo top 3. Rondo is not top 3 whether you Celtic fans like it or not.
What do you mean "Celtic fans"?

When have I ever said Rondo was a top 3 PG?

#3,109 ·

WESTBROOK, CP3, AND ROSE are my top 3. I know everyone and their mothers will disagree about Westbrook but I personally don't hate him solely based on his sometimes questionable basketball IQ. The kid is beyond talented and can do nearly anything on the court. And I know everyone hates the fact he takes jumpers but that he is legitimately trying to add it to his game like Rose is so he doesn't end up like Wade, which I see as a good thing. In fact, if he does add that jumper(he already has that midrange pull up down) from anywhere on the court down, he would be near unguardable.

#3,110 ·

I can support that list, but I'll replace Westbrook with DAT KYRIE!

Gonna take the player with better %TS, less turnovers, his shot is wet all the damn time, and I don't groan when he rises up for three.

Plus, Irving doesn't start chucking wildly and bull-rushing people when shit isn't going his way. Irving stays cool all the time, and has proven to be clutch.

CP3, Rose, Irving in no particular order.

#3,112 ·

Unfortunately Westbrook is about a million times the defender Kyrie. Like it isn't even a contest on defense. Kyrie is one of the worst defensive guards while Westbrook is one of the best.
I don't know, Westbrook is definitely a better defender than Kyrie, but like Wade of late, Westbrook gambles and plays Matador D.

#3,113 ·

yeah, I really hope he stops. Happened with Rondo too because he was actually a great defender before and then he just doesn't even seem to try anymore. Kobe is the same but I'll give him a pass as he proved to be one of the best defenders at the guard poistion of ALL TIME before he just became a lazy ass that only tries on offense and sometimes on defense. But when Kobe does try it's still pretty :mark: worthy for me.

#3,114 ·

yeah, I really hope he stops. Happened with Rondo too because he was actually a great defender before and then he just doesn't even seem to try anymore. Kobe is the same but I'll give him a pass as he proved to be one of the best defenders at the guard poistion of ALL TIME before he just became a lazy ass that only tries on offense and sometimes on defense. But when Kobe does try it's still pretty :mark: worthy for me.
Kobe can activate that Lockdown Defender signature anytime he wants. I just wish he did it more often to shut up all of the kids crying "KOBE IS DONE!1! HE CAN'T GUARD ANYONE!"

Anywho, the Bulls upcoming schedule looks really bad.

Pacers
Magic
Heat
Cavs
Bucks

The Cavs suck, and I'm not even sure we'll win that game if Noah and Deng play like they did today.

Then again, they have been playing like 50mpg the past couple, so hopefully Thibs lets his starters rest a bit.

Bench Mob has definitely improved from last year, only person we didn't replace is Asik, who is having a monster year.

With Rose back, and when he is confident in his abilities, I think we could make a legit ECF run, and maybe Finals if everyone steps up.

But if we aren't going to be a top 4 seed, just tank and sit Rose out for the entire year.

Only activate him if we have a good chance at making a run.

#3,115 ·

Did you see the Cavs game against the Lakers? When Kyrie iso'd on him I legit started marking with the crowd(mostly due to the one on one we never got to see in the Summer, but I do remember Kyrie saying "you know you would have to guard me too" which he got to do) and then when he blocked him I jumped out of my seat in excitement. DAT KOBE.

I still think Bulls should have tanked in the worst way to possibly get another superstar in Shabazz. They would have had to trade Deng for picks or younger prospects and amnesty Boozer but I ultimately think it would have been worth it.

#3,116 ·

Did you see the Cavs game against the Lakers? When Kyrie iso'd on him I legit started marking with the crowd(mostly due to the one on one we never got to see in the Summer, but I do remember Kyrie saying "you know you would have to guard me too" which he got to do) and then when he blocked him I jumped out of my seat in excitement. DAT KOBE.

I still think Bulls should have tanked in the worst way to possibly get another superstar in Shabazz. They would have had to trade Deng for picks or younger prospects and amnesty Boozer but I ultimately think it would have been worth it.
Honestly? I haven't been drinking that Shabazz-Aid, and don't plan to. Initially, I believed Boozer would have been good for us when he was first signed, but I guess he left his offense with Sloan and in Utah. Dude just takes fadeaway jumpers now, and can't even bang with scrubs in the low post, fucking useless. We should have went after Mayo in the off-season.

Kobe's defense has always been on point, and I believe that moment wasn't a "turn-back-the-clock" event.

Vince Carter deserves to be in the HoF.

I have always loved the Bulls, but follow the Raptors closely as well, and things are finally starting to look up for that team. BRICKNANI ON THE OUTS! :cheer

It is disturbing to know that a lot of players today don't take pride in defense anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.