Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #2007 (permalink)
#Mark
Searching for a new identity

#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
Or maybe they just don't think GKMC is very good, or Kendrick Lamar for that matter. I don't think Illmatic is the undisputed G.O.A.T. album, but I do think comparing GKMC to it from a quality standpoint is blasphemy. Influentally, it remains to be seen, but GKMC isn't exactly revitalizing the west coast the way Illmatic did for the east.
This is a completely different era though.. There's no East/West beef now, there's no reason for there to be a revitalization of the West.. Imo, this album was more of a revitalization of the art of Hip Hop...

I think it's fair to consider GKMC the Illmatic of this generation rather than the West Coast's Illmatic.