Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #11167 (permalink)
The Lady Killer
DIRK

The Lady Killer The Lady Killer The Lady Killer The Lady Killer The Lady Killer The Lady Killer The Lady Killer The Lady Killer The Lady Killer The Lady Killer The Lady Killer
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOLCOCK View Post
Its probably a selfish attitude admittedly, but I'm watching wrestling as an individual hoping to get angles/matches that appeal to my tastes alone. Punk/Bryan had a horrendous build going into Over The Limit, but all I cared about was seeing how they wrestled and the match they put on. I'd sooner get more matches like that in the main event than the sort of feud which might get over more with casuals, but which ultimately will struggle to entertain me personally segment/match wise.
I can totally relate to this section, which brings us into a bit of a grey area. Bryan/Punk was an awesome wrestling match, admittedly. It didn't need any build whatsoever. Who is to say that it wouldn't have been even more awesome with a more intriguing build, a la Punk/Cena from MITB 2011. Bryan/Punk might be the better wrestling match, but I'd be surprised if a majority of viewers didn't hold Punk/Cena in higher regard.

That being said, I understand your stance and I want to avoid turning this into a debate on drawing as much as anyone. I'll leave it at that.

Credit: A$AP