Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#3,266 ·
Re: NBA Thread: 12/13 Season - Are the Warriors for real?

David Lee, the best PF in the NBA.

COME THE FUCK AT ME.

Also, lol at all those who said Harrison Barnes would bust in the NBA.
Pretty damn sure you were one of those people as you admitted he had talent but had a horrible worth ethic or something like that during the draft. I know for a fact you didn't like him that much as I was loving him before the draft alongside PJIII while you were shitting on both of them. :kobe

#3,267 ·

Pretty sure that was GOON who said Barnes would bust in the NBA. He said that NBA GMs would be fired if they picked Barnes. I never said that about Barnes. The only thing I can recall saying about Barnes is that GM's would be idiots if they picked him over MKG.

PJ3 yes, I did say that.

#3,268 ·

oh it was GOOON then. that doesn't matter because he's a moron anyways. :side:

PJIII needs minutes. I don't see how Lamb and PJIII will improve very much if they literally get no playing time. I understand Brooks doesn't want to cost his team any wins by playing them too much, but not playing them at all seems like a mistake.

#3,269 ·

I can understand both of them not being in the rotation. I don't think Lamb is ready to be apart of a championship rotation.

PJ3 isn't in the rotation because Collison is the vet and is a great intangibles player, and since Collison is under-sized, they can't slide him over to the backup center, hence why they play Thabeet.

As far as Lamb goes, the Thunder for the most part have always had a 3 guard rotation of Durant, Sefolosha and Martin/Harden. Occasionally Daequan Cook would get minutes, but that's about it.

#3,276 · (Edited)

Lakers need to win the game against the Clippers. It will provide a very big confidence boost to them. I dont understand why Jamison is out of the rotation. put him as a 3, and put artest as the 4, and gasol as the 5th when the 2nd unit is on the floor. Duhon, Meeks, Jamison, Artest, and Gasol. Gasol gets to post up like the way he likes to, Artest as well, and Jamison can provide shooting. why is he not getting minutes? :no:

edit: I just read an article about Derrick Favors calling Kevin Love overrated :lmao Derrick Favors how many all star teams have you been selected to? a guy who was the 3rd pick, who is averaging 8 points and 6 rebounds a game for his career calling Kevin love overrated? :lmao

#3,278 ·

Lakers need to win the game against the Clippers. It will provide a very big confidence boost to them. I dont understand why Jamison is out of the rotation. put him as a 3, and put artest as the 4, and gasol as the 5th when the 2nd unit is on the floor. Duhon, Meeks, Jamison, Artest, and Gasol. Gasol gets to post up like the way he likes to, Artest as well, and Jamison can provide shooting. why is he not getting minutes? :no:

edit: I just read an article about Derrick Favors calling Kevin Love overrated :lmao Derrick Favors how many all star teams have you been selected to? a guy who was the 3rd pick, who is averaging 8 points and 6 rebounds a game for his career calling Kevin love overrated? :lmao
Jamison is out of the rotation due to the fact the's garbage at defense and has been shooting awful. Putting him at the three is about the worst thing you can do as the can guy is a power forward and already has troubles guarding big man, he can't do shit at the three as people just drive past him with ease.

Favors will be better than Love in a few years. Hell, Favors could be one of the best bigs right now if Jazz weren't so damn slow with trading Millsap, the guy is obviously talented and good defender.

#3,277 ·

Love is overrated. It's not like his numbers are low at his fault, he's playing behind Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson. Once Millsap is traded, he'll start and be putting up great numbers. He's already a much better defender than Love is, though that's not saying much.

#3,292 ·

Love is overrated. It's not like his numbers are low at his fault, he's playing behind Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson. Once Millsap is traded, he'll start and be putting up great numbers. He's already a much better defender than Love is, though that's not saying much.
Kevin Love is going to get even better in a few years as well. he's a PF that can shoot, rebound, pass, etc the only thing he needs work on is his defense. the guy breaks his hand during the offseason, comes back early and is getting almost 14 rebounds a game. When I watch Derrick Favors play I sometimes think this guy is not even on the floor. Even when Millsap and possibly Al Jefferson leave I still think Favors is going to be decent but no star. It's going to be Gordon Hayward's team after the big men get traded.

Jamison is out of the rotation due to the fact the's garbage at defense and has been shooting awful. Putting him at the three is about the worst thing you can do as the can guy is a power forward and already has troubles guarding big man, he can't do shit at the three as people just drive past him with ease.

Favors will be better than Love in a few years. Hell, Favors could be one of the best bigs right now if Jazz weren't so damn slow with trading Millsap, the guy is obviously talented and good defender.
I know his defense is very frustrating to watch. Putting him at the 3 is not the worse thing you can do, were talking about him playing for the 2nd unit. It's not like he is going to guard Lebron James or Durant, he won't get blown by every single possession. The guy is talented even though he's old the guy can still make an impact. If Lakers are not going to use this guy, trade him and try to get a SF/PF that can help this team. It's a waste to let him sit on the bench, I would say go after Ariza.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abzpsf8

Ariza for Duhon, Jamison, Clark, and Ebanks. I would say this is a great deal, Lakers get rid of 3 players that see almost no minutes and Duhon for Ariza. Lakers get a little younger, and in a way better.

Favors is talented, but I think Love will be alot better in a few more years. The guy hasnt even reached his top level and is putting up monster numbers. I dont think Favors is going to be that great, but we will see how things turn out when he gets his minutes. Every nba player is talented but not every player can show it on the floor consistantly.

#3,280 ·

On Blake Griffin right? For needlessly putting himself and others in danger but flipping in the air. :rolleyes:

fuck, this is why I will never, ever like the Clippers. No matter how much the media tries to portray them as some underdog that has gone through years of losing and has finally found success, they are still the team that flops the most and plays dirty as fuck.

#3,282 ·

Meh, I couldn't care less about the Clippers nor any other division rival aside from the Kings because in my lifetime none of them have really posed any sort of threat to the Lakers. Don't act like you guys also didn't hate them last year for their flopping ways as I'm pretty sure no one really in this thread was really rooting them on while Griffin was being a pussy and Paul was helicopter diving.

#3,283 ·

The only reason I hated them was because of the flopping. Something that has significantly decreased from them this year. Maybe it's just me but the Clippers don't really flop that much anymore.

#3,286 ·

Yes of course Griffin had that flop last night, but other than that I really can't think of that many flops the Clippers have had this year. Unlike last year when they had at least two a game.

#3,287 ·

I haven't forgiven the clippers for ruining that potentially epic BATTLE OF THE LOSING STREAKS.

#3,289 ·

Not sure I'll ever forgive the Clippers for that. IT'LL BE TOUGH. That's for sure. Maybe if they eliminate the Lakers, Spurs, Dallas and Celtics in a championship run. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.