Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2012, 05:09 AM   #8769 (permalink)
L-DOPA
I'll never be lonesome again.

L-DOPA 7001 - 7501L-DOPA 7001 - 7501L-DOPA 7001 - 7501L-DOPA 7001 - 7501L-DOPA 7001 - 7501L-DOPA 7001 - 7501L-DOPA 7001 - 7501L-DOPA 7001 - 7501L-DOPA 7001 - 7501L-DOPA 7001 - 7501L-DOPA 7001 - 7501
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
Some of the posters have terrible takes about CM Punk and go overboard with the hate, I won't deny that. But it's unfair to everyone else to just lump them into the same category as the idiots. It just devalues the entire opposing view in a really lazy and unreasonable way.
Hey I did name an example didn't I?

Quote:
As for "the material sucks". . .dude, people have been saying that for years. That hasn't magically manifested itself when Punk got the title, so I don't see why that's suddenly the go to excuse when everyone was bashing Cena to hell and back as needing to be replaced. No one said a damn thing about his "material". It was just the guy. Now it's about the material, not the guy. . .because you guys actually like this particular wrestler.
This is true for some Punk fans, however personally I have held the same view for Cena as I held for Punk, so it does not apply for me. Material is hugely important in any wrestling show, if you don't have the material to keep people's interest and intrigue then you are not going to get good ratings regardless. Look at WCW, they had Hogan, Sting and Goldberg who were all proven ratings draws and who were bringing in big numbers in 97-98 with hot angles like the NWO and the Streak. Fast forward only 1-2 years later and the same people are in shows that are drawing nothing above 3.5. If that doesn't prove my point, then nothing ever will.

I did think Cena needed a break for being the champion which will leads to what I'm about to say next.

Quote:
Personally speaking, I don't want Punk gone, I just think the show's viewership would significantly improve if his reign was ended and they went in another direction with the title and the main storyline. Somehow that equates to being a "hater" though. I think I'm just being realistic. It's simply well past the point where it's "someone else's turn".

I already addressed that argument in my last post though. I don't (and most don't) think Punk is the ONLY problem. He's just one of the biggest ones. Punk should always have a role in the show since he's one of the top 10 stars in WWE, it just shouldn't be as big as it is anymore. With guys like Punk, his title reigns shouldn't last more than 3-4 PPVs. He's more interesting chasing the title or being in grudge fueds. Sort of like the way Orton is more interesting chasing than actually being champ.

I don't think Punk is shit or something dude. His role just needs to be reduced for awhile. He's been champ way too long. It's boring now.
Put this all together because it kinda goes together. I agree the show needs to go in a different direction for sure. It was coming across to me anyway that you didn't like Punk and felt like the ratings would increase if he were gone (ala roadkill, HEELkris etc. short sighted idiots, yeah...sue me guys.) hence my response. I also agree Punk is more interesting chasing than holding the title, I actually said this on another wrestling forum I was once a moderator for some time ago when Punk was a face as the champion. Then the heel turn happened and then ever since then personally, I've found him much more interesting as the champion.

The direction of the company from a ratings standpoint obviously is not working and that includes Punk being champion right now which some Punk marks on here don't want to admit. The reign in my opinion needs to come to an end soon, preferably at the Rumble. This is from a business standpoint, let me make that clear. From a personal standpoint as a fan, purely subjective, I wouldn't mind if Punk went over Rock at the Rumble. If Rock was coming back full time until Mania from the new year then it would be a no brainer to put the title on the Rock till Mania. But since Rock won't be and since whatever program he is in will almost guarantee to draw, and draw more than Punk or Cena could and the fact he'll probably be in the main event of Mania again regardless it leaves it a bit more open for options.

But I think Punk's time is about done as champion anyway. I don't think WWE are going to swerve us at the Rumble by keeping Punk champion.

I'm a Laura Stevenson guy

Last edited by L-DOPA : 12-13-2012 at 05:12 AM.