Wrestling Forum banner

Austin Aries is the best heel in pro wrestling.

6K views 80 replies 42 participants last post by  316jon316 
#1 ·
His match against Bully Ray was the second best of the night (and Daniels/Styles wrestled so it doesn't count), and he gains so much hate from these fans. His athletic ability and strength are amazing for a person of his size, and he is one of the best promo workers in wrestling. His character is this talented, cocky, douchey, attention whore heel, and I feel like CM Punk is really a poor man's Austin Aries, who is considered better because he is in the WWE. Aries became my new favorite tonight, the only issue with his match was that the Hogans showed up.

#6 ·
Yet again being compared to punk.That is insult. That guy has no diversity to his personality.

Anyways Austin is pretty much the total package of a classic pure Wrestler. Hes got that true wrestling edge. Amazing technical wrestler with a classic man look. Great talker and i think hes going to keep us interested for a long time. Roode is amazing but i think Austin really has some special skills with talking

#10 ·
#11 ·
People complain a lot in the WWE section because RAW overall product is terrible + too long(3 whole hrs) and Punk happens to be the guy on the forefront of it all right now. Put Aries in that position and you get the same complaints and usual bitching. It's not a fare comparison right now.

Punk's best work as a heel is way better than anything Aries ever did.

#15 ·
The best in pro wrestling? Thats a bit much to say right now. I'd give it to Bobby R00 currently. Would go to Bully but he's not even face or heel atm. Hes just...Bully

#16 ·
He is simply amazing. I just love this guy. His mic skills are brilliant, good in-ring wrestling abillity, interesting wrestling style.
One thing that bothers me, he sells the moves too much! He's like the rock, every move that performed on him leads to over-reaction, he's acting like someone shoot him every time.

#19 ·
I prefer Roode and Old Man Daniels but that's just me. I'm not a huge fan of Aries but I can definitely see why so many people view him in such high regard. I really appreciate the fact that TNA allow their heels to look like solid threats to the faces.

I think it's hard to compare the TNA guys with the WWE guys because the creative side of things in both companies are miles apart at the minute.

#22 ·
This. Any one of Bully Ray, Daniels, Roode or Aries could easily be considered some of the best heels working today, in any company.

Throw in the fact that the roster also has the likes of Angle, AJ, Joe and Hardy and you have a fantastic well-rounded roster. Hell, even the midcarders like Ion and Robbie E put some effort into their gimmicks and come across well.

#23 ·
AJ Styles is still the best in ring performer of this era.

Roode and Aries are both amazing heels in their own way.

#24 ·
I have to say, I'm really loving Aries' facial expressions at the moment, too.

Obviously he's got his "intense face" (eyes bulging, usually spittle dripping from his beard). But on Impact the other day, when he was trying to get Ray and Hogan to fight, he pulled a brilliant A Double "Evil face." I did look on Google to see if there were any photos but I couldn't find it. It was a really, evil-looking, leering Satanic face. Just top-notch heeling - over the top but avoiding camp.

#30 ·
It amuses me that not that long ago these two competitors had a fantastic match in reversed roles. Aries has been impressive in every role they've given him, both face and heel. Agree with a previous poster, Bully, Aries and Roode is a stellar top heel lineup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.