Wrestling Forum banner

IF Cena takes the title off The Rock, who takes the title off Cena?

6K views 62 replies 61 participants last post by  Bl0ndie 
#1 ·
If The Rock wins the WWE championship at the Royal Rumble and faces John Cena again at Wrestlemania (it seems like something WWE would book), who will defeat Cena for the title?

I can't see Punk getting it that quickly after holding it for over a year, and the feud between them seems nearly exhausted after probably 10 matches on TV/PPV in two years. Likewise, surely they can't book another feud between a heel Orton and face Cena.

#7 ·
It won't be Ryback. He'll be WHC. Doubt it'll be Bryan and I don't think it'll be Punk unless they wanna go through yet another Cena vs Punk feud over the title and ruin that feud like they did Cena vs Orton a few years back. I honestly don't know.

#9 ·
This is seriously a good question. Since I can see Cena beating the Rock at Wrestlemania 29 for the WWE Title, who will end up taking the title off Cena? Punk or Orton would be my two guesses, with a slight possibility of it being Lesnar. I highly doubt it would be Lesnar, though, given his schedule. Hopefully it will be someone new, but I doubt it.

I can guarantee it won't be Ryback.

#11 ·
I seriously have no clue...It'd be nice if Bryan was built up towards WM29 so he can feud with Cena for it afterwards.

#13 ·
Off topic a little, but (although I'm not a Punk guy at all) wouldn't be great if Punk defeated The Rock? I know it's probably not possible but it would really be good for making another really big name with Punk used the GTS and beat Rock. WWE would finally have another big name in Punk.

I really hope it isn't Cena/Rock 2 at WM because it was seen as one time only, that's why the match was so important, without a title attached to it.

Back on topic, if Cena was to reclaim the belt, then I think much like I've said with Punk beating Rock, if Bryan goes over clean for the WWE belt on Cena, then WWE would have another big star. Bryan is so over right now and is probably selling a tonne of merch. Him beating Cena doesn't hurt Cena, yet will make Vince more money by having another bankable main eventer...

#14 ·
I'd personally like to see Cena win Ziggler's MITB for WHC.

Then let Ziggler have a push at WWE title.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#21 ·
I think you may be on to something here. Ryback moves over to the World Title picture and Sheamus moves over to the WWE Title picture for an extended feud with Punk. After the Punk feud, maybe Sheamus has a face vs. face feud with Cena to around SummerSlam time.

#19 ·
I can see Wade Barrett taking the WWE title off of John Cena if Cena were to possibly beat The Rock for it. Wade Barrett beating Cena for the WWE title would no doubt boost Wade Barrett as a top heel in the WWE and will get another promising wrestler elevated which is a great thing.

I'd also love to see Antonio Cesaro capture the WWE title from Cena. Him carrying the WWE title around and continuing with his Anti-American gimmick will spark up a very interesting storyline in the main event scene. Cesaro vs Cena over the WWE title sounds great but I doubt it'll happen since I see WWE keeping Cesaro in the mid-card division for a while.

#22 · (Edited)
Re: When Cena takes the title off The Rock, who takes the title off Cena?
Fixed that for ya. Cena going over Rock for the title next year is pretty much a given.

But to answer your question op, this calls for a process of elimination. Won't be either the latter or Lesnar given both their limited schedules. And I guarantee it won't be Ryback since he'll be the World Champion by then and I'm having trouble envisioning anything else. With these three being crossed out from the equation, I'm predicting (and hoping) it'll eventually end up being Punk.

#25 ·
"AND HERE COMES THE MONSTER,RYBACK..."
Unless you guys want your man ziggler to be ryback's lil bitch over at smackdown....lol
It's definately gonna be ryback.he's their hottest rising star.why take him to the 'b' show?

#26 ·
The prospect of Rock or Cena being champion gives me a sad. I have no idea who it should be but neither of them, or Fella or R(oid)yberg, or Big Slow. Put dat title on :bryan

They starting a new cycle. I don't want that shit to be punk, rock, cena, punk, cena fuck no. I hated that when they juggled the title between edge, cena, orton and hhh for 5-6 fuckin years

#28 ·
Ryback is the odds on favorite, just because there's nobody else. Punk is the only heel at that level right now and you have to think they'll keep him away from the WWE title for awhile after this long reign. Maybe they give it to Sheamus in a "passing the torch" kind of moment. Ziggler will probably be in the WHC scene so he's out. And who knows wth is going on with Randy Orton.

What they SHOULD do is push Daniel Bryan, but that's pretty unlikely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.