Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Official BTB Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #3540 (permalink)
Quasi Juice
The human torch was denied a bank loan.

Quasi Juice Quasi Juice Quasi Juice Quasi Juice Quasi Juice Quasi Juice Quasi Juice Quasi Juice Quasi Juice Quasi Juice Quasi Juice
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONIFClaus View Post
Here's a new QOTD - What is your opinion of having a Heavyweight superstar/World Heavyweight/WWE Champion becoming the intercontinental champion? And I'm not talking a situation like Chris Jericho where he takes an absence of a few years and then becomes Intercontinental Champion, I'm talking a situation like Randy Orton has a world heavyweight championship in 2006 and then becomes intercontinental champion in 2007.

I'm not too sure how this would work out, the WWE doesn't seem to do it a lot. After Jeff Hardy won the WWE Title he wasn't really considered a mid-carder anymore to me, I don't know how you would write him back to mid-card level champion. So basically my question is do you think it would work well?
It can definitely work to elevate the midcard title. A short IC Title reign from a main eventer leading to a World/WWE Title reign feels weak though. The wrestler basically wanted to keep busy 'till his next World Title shot. I think giving Orton the IC Title for like 6 to 12 months would really give credibility to that title because it means Orton cares about the belt.