Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

329K views 9K replies 174 participants last post by  Deck The Halls With Funes Mori 
#1 ·
Old thread got too big. Leave the memories alone.

I think MAZACAR deserve to feature in the first post :mata :hazard :bosscar2

:rvp and :javy for carrying United.

:dzeko for saving City.

:suarez1 for just being Suarez.

And finally some BRAVE lads :hesk2 :barry (We need some current BRAVE VILLA smilies)

Let's see if we can kill this thread before the end of the season.

#4,318 · (Edited)
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Where attempted murder happens

i don't even see how though. I always bitch and whinge when decisions go against us but even i can't think of enough things to give us an extra 11 points after 16 games :lol Thats ridiculous. Only one that really comes to mind is getting screwed in the derby and iirc vs Swansea with Enrique.

#4,320 ·

i don't even see how though. I always bitch and whinge when decisions go against us but even i can't think of enough things to give us an extra 11 points after 16 games :lol Thats ridiculous. Only one that really comes to mind is getting screwed in the derby and iirc vs Swansea with Enrique.
Guess the Man U game Penalty too.

#4,321 ·

I'm fairly sure nobody takes it to heart, but little things like goals that were wrongly chalked off or goals against you that were wrongly not ruled out make them interesting reads. I read a lot of Liverpool fans talking about the conspiracy nonsense but it's just a way to keep tabs on what decisions haven't gone your way.

It's like the woodwork table, it's a bit daft but worth a look to look at the what ifs. They will include Anichebes header that led to the goal today and the like so it's not to be taken seriously.

I think it's interesting to look at. I'm a stat nerd though. It's a way to look back at where you lost points despite being the best team on the day in the majority of positions.

#4,329 ·

13 Chelsea
9 West Ham
7 Swansea, West Brom
4 Stoke, Sunderland
3 Tottenham
2 Liverpool
0 Norwich
-1 Everton
-2 Manchester Utd, Manchester City, Aston Villa
-3 Southampton, Wigan
-6 Fulham, Reading
-7 QPR
-10 Arsenal
-14 Newcastle

#4,330 ·

13 Chelsea
9 West Ham
7 Swansea, West Brom
4 Stoke, Sunderland
3 Tottenham
2 Liverpool
0 Norwich
-1 Everton
-2 Manchester Utd, Manchester City, Aston Villa
-3 Southampton, Wigan
-6 Fulham, Reading
-7 QPR
-10 Arsenal
-14 Newcastle
What's that?

#4,335 ·

What a legend. What a fucking legend. How many times has this guy dragged us out of the shit? Honestly, I thought playing him in this game was wrong and I was cursing Benitez. Ramires on the right too. But as the game went on, Ramires started making his trademark runs and Lampard like the legend he is found his way in those positions that made him who he was.

Since coming back, I just look at Lampard completely different. I think our struggles in October and November and lack of leadership just made me realise what this guy brings to this club. The same great player as he was in 2010? No. But he is still so important. Just legendary for this club.

Everton were unlucky today. They should have blown us out of the water before 20mins. They played some really good stuff. Thought we grew into the game midway into the first half and made it even. But yeah. Everton are a top team and they are legit threats for a top four spot. So glad Goodison is out of the way and absolutely delighted we actually won there. First time in like 4 years we've left with 3 points. Infact, we usually leave with nothing.

Cookie Monster - If Ba is going to Chelsea, it's not just because we pay high wages. Manchester United and Manchester City are not after him, so Ba is going to the third best team in the land. Why on earth would he look elsewhere?

#4,344 ·

Cookie Monster - If Ba is going to Chelsea, it's not just because we pay high wages. Manchester United and Manchester City are not after him, so Ba is going to the third best team in the land. Why on earth would he look elsewhere?
Agree.

Just think it's a shame that Cisse was sacrificed for someone not fully committed to the cause. As blatant an out and out striker as you'll ever wish to find having to play right wing :)no:) to appease Ba has done nothing but make the team worse. It was obvious he would leave at some point, he wouldn't have negotiated such a cheap buy out clause if he had no intention of moving on.

He has to pass a medical first Hutz Good luck with that. I would have a chuckle if he's kept out of the team by Torres.

#4,338 ·

Who would you Chelsea fans consider as Chelsea's greatest ever player, Lampard or Drogba? (i'm presuming that these are the top 2)
Incredibly hard. Incredibly. On one hand you got Drogba who apart from Moscow was the man for all our big moments in our most successful era. Then on the other hand there is Lampard who was consistently good for that whole era. It's so hard. But I'd give it to Drogba. Drogba made dreams become reality, so I have to go for him.

1 - Drogba
2 - Lampard
3 - Zola
4 - Terry
5 - Osgood (going by what my father has told me)

#4,340 ·

Lampard, Zola and Drogba are probably the only three people who'd be in with a shout as best Chelsea player. I can't say I have any sort of clue about any past heroes like Osgood, other than their stats.

For general consistency I'd have to give it to Lampard. His goal record for a midfielder in the Premier League is also incredible.

#4,341 ·

If I was a Chelsea fan, i'd find it almost impossible to separate them too, Lampard- just amazingly consistent and a big game player. Drogba- the very definition of BIG GAME player. Hard not to respect them both.

Terry on the other hand :terry

#4,342 ·

I'd see it similarly to how I view United. Cantona had massive big game moments for us (obviously not in Europe) and he's my favourite player for a variety of reasons but Ronaldo was easily the most talented player we've had at the club in my lifetime. Scholes would most likely be second.

#4,349 ·

looks like Zaha is off to Arsenal, former teammate of Zaha's, Tom Soares has just tweeted a good luck message to him with arsenal
If true, not too sure how I feel about this. Sure he's a top prospect but I'm kinda getting tired of just signing youth. If you're going to spend big, why can't we land an established star? Chamakh can't carry us forever!

#4,345 ·

Magsimus, considering I live in up north and have gone to a few Newcastle games, I get the impression that Ba is a divisive, non team player.

I thought you played some of your best football you have played for years last season with Cisse through the middle and Ba on the left, Ba didn't like it so kicked off and said play me through the middle or I will leave, sadly Pardew did just that to the determent of the team.

Cisse is a top, top class centre forward but he's fucking useless on the right wing. I am sure you will replace Ba as well, probably with a team player and someone that is perfect for the left of a front three.

#4,346 · (Edited)

I can't believe that a team with a midfield/attack of Cabaye/Tiote/Ben Arfa/Ba/Cisse is backed up with the abomination of a defence that they've got. You'd think that if they got Debuchy in, along with Santon and Coloccini being injury free and in some form then they'd quickly improve. Obviously Ba will be off so he'll need to be replaced, so a striker/winger, centre back and right back should see Newcastle improve dramatically.

Of course it'll only be a matter of time before the Geordies are again all trolled by a man who's come out with controversial comments for the past 26 years.

WEE CLUB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.