Wrestling Forum banner

Who should have ended Goldberg's Streak?

33K views 143 replies 100 participants last post by  Anton Athletic 
#1 · (Edited)
A lot of us didn't like how the infamous streak ended but reasons differed.

Some people have a problem with NASH (meaning WHO broke it) breaking the streak.

Some people have a problem with HOW the streak was broken.

Some people only have a problem with what happened afterwards.

I'm one of the people that has a problem with WHO broke it. In my opinion Nash should have been used to put Goldberg over, he shouldn't have ended it. My personal choice for ending the streak would have been DDP.

I choose DDP because the Diamond Cutter was such a versatile move he could have hit it in a flash and got a quick 3 count afterwards. It makes sense that Goldberg could take his eye off him for a second, maybe after a spear and turn around into a diamond cutter.

But I know some people have other choices, so a poll is needed.

#135 ·
Nash was absolutely the right choice. I'd say by December 98 Nash/The Wolfpac was easily as popular as Goldberg and in more than a few places MORE popular. The streak was starting to lose steam. I think if they'd kept Goldberg undefeated for much longer the fans would have started to turn bigtime. Just listen to the pop Nash gets when he beats Goldberg. It was the right choice.

#138 ·
Yeah like around Starrcade 99 : "Who's The Real Franchise?" for the WCW Title.

#140 ·
Exactly. Sting was out until April of 1999 (he came back for the 4-way at Spring Stampede that year where DDP won his first championship)

Have Goldberg continue to be on this monster streak, and give sting the US championship. Pretty much just steal the buildup between Warrior/Hogan from WM 6, except Sting has the secondary title. Even if Sting doesn't break the streak like the OP suggested, this could've been a better storyline than Sting vs. nWo in my opinion.

#141 ·
Gillberg

#144 ·
I didnt mind Nash getting the belt, I was pissed off what happened a week later. Yes im referring to the finger poke of doom.

I along with most People would said DDP. But it should of been at Superbrawl (February 1999). Then a 3rd deciding match at GAB, Halloween Havoc or even Starrcade 1999.

There would of been a few suggestions I would of been happy with.

Bret Hart: I would of had Hart end the streak at Souled out or Superbrawl or GAB. But let hart win by the sharpshooter, not make Goldberg tap out but pass out like Austin did at WM then build up the Rematch for starrcade 1999.

Scott Steiner would of been a good choice too.

Chris Beniot or Booker T would of been good outside chances too.

This would of been a long shot, I just though imagine if Eddie Guererro was the one the end the streak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.