Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - VGA splitter cable to clone monitor image to TV - best option?

View Single Post

Old 12-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Issues_Sunshyne
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags

Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000
Default Re: VGA splitter cable to clone monitor image to TV - best option?

No it's cool man, I truly appreciate any help.

I have my computer in the spare room. Up until recently it was connected through VGA to the wide screen tv downstairs, but it wasn't practical through space and for general Internet usage the screen was just too large, which was why I decided to move it to where it is now.

However, although it's been much easier and greater for Christmas shopping etc, we've now lost the ability to watch movies and sports on the big TV, which was why I wanted to connect it back up without moving the PC.

I wanted the PC itself to stay where it is in the spare room, and I bought a 20 foot VGA cable that I was hoping I could run invisibly down the stairs and hook it back up to the computer downstairs, thus using the downstairs TV as a monitor when we want to watch movies/sports. I have a wireless mouse/keyboard, spare speakers and 10 metre USB extension to use them both downstairs that are still connected to the computer upstairs.

I bought the VGA cable I linked to in my first post hoping I could use it and clone the images so the Monitor in the spare room and the large television on the wall downstairs would play both at the same time showing the exact same screen, which it does but just blurry.

I was hoping it was just the quality of Y shaped VGA splitter I used but it sounds like it's not, which is a shame. I can easily switch VGA cables from the 2 metre to the 20 metre one, but I will be using it nightly and I'm afraid changing them a few times a day will eventually lead to some sort of wear and tare and damage.

Thanks for your help again. I don't mind the situation I'm in, would just be great to have everything connected and hidden away and was absolutely easy to switch between the two. Le sigh.
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote