Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

330K views 9K replies 174 participants last post by  Deck The Halls With Funes Mori 
#1 ·
Old thread got too big. Leave the memories alone.

I think MAZACAR deserve to feature in the first post :mata :hazard :bosscar2

:rvp and :javy for carrying United.

:dzeko for saving City.

:suarez1 for just being Suarez.

And finally some BRAVE lads :hesk2 :barry (We need some current BRAVE VILLA smilies)

Let's see if we can kill this thread before the end of the season.

#4,160 ·
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Where attempted murder happens

It wasn't even that bad of a tackle from Bassong, no idea why the cowardly Nasri got his panties in a twist
Don't you know. Nasri is innocent. Bassong was in two footed. Studs showing. Then spat in Nasris face when heads were close together. Shocking decision.

#4,163 · (Edited)

Nice assist from Huth there. If he tried it another 99 times he wouldn't have hit the bar trying to clear that :terry

Followed by Cameron Jerome's annual wondergoal, he scored one like that at Anfield a few tears ago, out of nowhere :downing

#4,169 ·

So Walcott and Dzeko are world class again now?

Looked like Newcastle's defence went sleep in the last 20 minutes again, just like they did against us. They were 3-2 up and rather than shutting up shop their defence suddenly opened right up with gaps everywhere. Total lack of concentration again it seems in the last quarter.

Not sure where the debate is about Nasri. He moves his face into Bassong's face. There's no force but there's movement and that's enough to be sent off. They both square up but there's no forward momentum from Bassong. That's the difference. It's pathetic but the right decision by the rules. Amused by Nasri's miracle of recovery mind.

Average performance but 3 points and a clean sheet while resting RVP and Hernandez is good. Vidic and Evans together makes the defence so much tighter. Hope Vidic and Rafael stay fit and stop playing Carrick/Scholes together then we should be good. Welbeck's worth ethic is always great. RVP signing has killed him as expected but he's the difference between us being 7 points clear and being where Chelsea are.

Jerome's goal is world class. Second season in a row most likely that Stoke will score the best goal but still get a reputation of being a team who can't play football.

Rollin at Villa.

#4,194 ·

if that was a red card seabs do you believe rvp should've been sent off for his reaction vs swansea? they butted heads. both remained on the field.
If Chico hadn't tripped him up then probably. He actually saved him from getting a 3 match ban ironically. Van Persie and Williams just squared up to each other iir. Same as Nasri and Bassong until Nasri wiped his face across Bassongs. The forward momentum is the difference that got him sent off. That getting a 3 game ban for violent conduct is a bit pathetic, I agree, but going off the rules and past incidents then I wouldn't call it the wrong decision, just a silly one.
Newcastle were 3-2 up? Podo put Arsenal ahead 3-2 before Ba equalised to make it 3-3 if I remember correctly.
I think he was talking about Newcastle being 3-2 up against Man Utd.
^

#4,180 ·

:mancini2 this comment on daily fail's article about Suarez and Liverpool

I'm sorry Brendan but you have taken the team backwards. There wasn't much wrong with the team last season. We got to 2 cup finals, won one of them and qualified for European football. The defence wasn't too bad last season, but have suddenly started leaking goals. Of course, playing a winger as a full-back and a full-back playing as a winger doesn't help. I have supported my team over 50 years and have more appearances than Cally and have never seen us being outplayed by Stoke City... until this season. Villa have shipped 15 goals to nil in the last three games yet we managed to get just one, and a consolation goal at that... having said that you will probably say that we softened them up for Chelsea, Spurs and the mighty Wigan. I'm afraid the only way we will progress is for you to admit you are not up to the job and take Joe "the crab" Allen with you. Sadly, we have missed the boat again with Rafa, but I'm sure Kenny would come back for a few months while we wait for him to be free
JOE THE CRAB ALLEN

#4,188 ·

:fergie rubbished Lewandowski rumours saying they are 'absolute nonsense'

Also rumours that Nick Powell will go on loan to Leicester, which should do him some good if he starts regularly, same with Henriquez going to Wigan, he should get some game time there as well.

#4,195 ·

im just annoyed at the fact that 1) we lost a player for something as trivial as that and 2) that it's deemed to be on the same level of an offence such as a leg breaking tackle. it's just ridiculous. unless someone actually headbutts the other, or causes harm, just give them yellows and be done with it. a bit of spice never hurts. 3 matches when he seemed to be playing some of his best stuff vs newcastle/norwich is just crap. hope we appeal (seems like we will) but the chances of it being rescinded are about as likely as me winning the lottery.

#4,196 ·

Just saw the Nasri incident, what a spoon. The Bassong tackle was great, no idea why he got pissed off about it and then tried to act the big man.

He's been shite most of the season for them anyway so it won't be a big loss to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.