Wrestling Forum banner

Do You Think Antonio Cesaro Will Be A Breakout Star In The Near Future?

• Yes

Votes: 153 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 15.0%

Antonio Cesaro = The Next Breakout Star?

9K views 104 replies 83 participants last post by  Hawksea 
#1 ·
This dude kills it every single time he is out their the only thing i think is holding him back is that shitty ass gimmick but the guy is like a fucking machine i mean the way he tossed around sheamus in their match was just pure damn gold.

#2 ·
It certainly looks that way. I don't oppose it by any means, I'm becoming a fan of him. I'd just rather superior talents like Barrett & Sandow break into the main event scene first.

With that being said though, he's doing a great job and is probably my favourite in ring worker at the moment.

#5 ·
Cesaro is doing a fantastic job. I really hope when Evan Bourne is back from injury that they have a nice long showcase. If there were ever two guys who could really make each other shine in front of a national audience despite having the exact opposite styles and looks, its going to be Claudio Castagnoli and Matt Sydal.

#6 ·
Guy is great. He is one of those guys they are pushing that actually has talent. I actually enjoy watching his matches every week. He has a great look but what I love the most is his raw power. He isnt huge like Cena,Ryback or HHH but man does this guy do things like he is as strong as them.

#9 ·
I already have him pegged as my World Heavyweight Championship MITB winner for 2013. I'd rather 3 other people get it before he does, but needless to say I won't hold my breath on any of them. If he does, it'll be a hell of a lot better than Ziggler getting into the main event, I'll say that.

#26 ·
Thought I remember you saying before you didn't like Cesaro. :hmm: Perhaps I am mistaken.

Antonio is really killing it every time he's on TV. He's "maximizing his minutes" as JR would say. He's very believable as a Swiss asshole with a superiority complex. His mic work and ringwork are both solid. I was pretty lukewarm on him when he first made it onto TV, but now he's one of my favorite acts. He could use a meaningful feud against someone of note. He also needs to be protected. Don't job this motherfucker out to Cena and Sheamus in throwaway matches 'cause they've already eaten up every other heel on the roster too many times recently.

#12 ·
I'm sold on him.
I've checked out his indy stuff now because of this.

His matches of late have been awesome ; just him deadlifting someone makes me mark a little.

Dat uppercut.

#14 ·
Yes, it's a resounding 'Yes' from me.

I've always been high on Cesaro, I'm not one of these new fans. I hate to say it but he has moved passed Barrett for me on my list and I love Barrett. I've not lost hope for Barrett, I will if he doesn't win the IC title though. The crowd chanting 'boring' during AC's match tonight was a travesty, easily one of the most talented in-ring performers on the current roster. I'm always looking forward to a Cesaro match.

His gimmick/character is my only real complaint.

#16 ·
He's definitely amazing to watch in the ring, and certainly has that area covered. His mic work and overall character... not so much. Both could use some work. Part of it is down to booking I imagine: his character is just cardboard and generic though he hasn't had much time to flesh it out. Even so at that rate he'll wind up like Alberto, albeit much more exciting to watch in the ring.

With some tweaking he could become almost like a Benoit where his ring work compensates for other areas he lacks but that will come down to booking. Regardless of what happens he's a very fun to watch midcarder, that's for sure.

#19 ·
Cesaro is a star. I love him. He is so entertaining to watch in the ring. Very few people keep my interest in the ring. Even fewer are actually entertaining. He obviously has good skills on the mic and great charisma and a phenomenal look. The limiting gimmick will fade eventually. They are obviously high on him too so he doesn't have to worry about that.

#22 ·
He won me over two-three weeks ago. Dude's awesome. I pray to the wrestling gods that somehow, someway I get a 15 minute US title match between Cesaro and Bryan at Wrestlemania. I don't care who is in the main event...Vince gimmie dat match!!

In fact I will settle for a 20 minute match of Main Event. Just put them on my TV against each other soon, while I still care about both of them.

#30 · (Edited)
I hope not. I don't like him (I know a rarity around here). Wade Barrett deserves a push before him, Kofi, and sandow.

And he needs to change his finisher. Handful of balls is not a good look.
That's what I don't like about his in-ring work, that finisher just looks horrible. I think he should change to using the uppercut as his finisher.

Other than his terrible finisher, I love his in-ring work. As others have said, his gimmick is pretty stale and recycled, but I think he delivers the lines adequately and needs a gimmick tweak/change.

#31 ·
- Change the horrible finisher.
- More time on the mic.
- Have a meaningful feud with someone of equal or higher importance who can also talk on the mic (A repackaged Swagger or returning Christian would be ideal for him) this would propel him to Ziggler's position where he's just at the ME level, but not quite there.

Future MITB '13 winner for SD.

#33 ·
I really hope so.

Not a big fan of his gimmick, but honestly, it's just a fucking gimmick, we've all seen worse gimmicks then this. I also LOVE his ring work, it's absolutely brilliant. It's like he can randomly do the uppercut on anyone. He could counter any high flying move with it, it looks SICK. + His finisher is awesome as well. I'm big on this guy, he's great.

I also hope he doesn't drop the title atleast until Rumble or Chamber. OR MAYBE make the US title mean even more by having him drop it at WM 29. That'd be fine too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.