Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #10620 (permalink)
jonoaries
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Thunderdome Match: Sting & Ric Flair vs The Great Muta & Terry Funk**3/4

"Electrified cage"? C'mon WCW....fuck is that? The rules is a little weird too, the only way to win is for a manager to throw in the towel...its so convoluted. I hate over gimmicked gimmick matches. So this match starts off with a really low expectation from me.
The match is pretty good. Really back and forth, the offense everybody is pretty crisp. The purpose of Muta & Funk climbing the cage is lost on me. However the chopfest in the upper corner of the cage with Flair swinging like Tarzan was pretty cool. Funk literally got the snot beat out of him in that corner. Sting swinging into Funk was pretty cool too. Funk didn't seem to be interested in the match at all he didn't even make an effort to help Muta at times.
The match made took an interesting turn when Sting got himself tied to the cage in the corner leaving Flair to get double teamed for awhile. All that set up an epic Sting dive from the cage into the ring (awesome). Another epic Sting spot the big time body splashes from the top rope while Funk was in the Figure 4 which ultimately lead to the win.
For all intents and purposes the match was okay, things got chaotic which isn't bad but it also didn't make much sense. Why was Muta & Funk so enamored with that cage? There was no plan to leap from it, no point in trying to escape it or anything, it just seemed dumb. I think this match would have been so much better without the silly gimmick cage. The finish while it made sense because Funk was being devastated with Sting splashes while in the Figure 4 it was so anti-climatic and so much was going on that it was seemingly impossible to keep up.