Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The REAL Northern Virginia
Favourite(s): The Phenomenal One, CERO MIEDO, & The Beast
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
SmackDown: The Best of 2009-2010 - Disc Two
Money In The Bank Qualifier
John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. Dolph Ziggler - ** 1/2
Edge vs. The Miz - ** 1/4
The Undertaker vs. Drew McIntyre - *
RAW vs. SmackDown 10-Man Tag
Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Matt Hardy, Drew McIntyre, & Shelton Benjamin vs. Christian, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, & Evan Bourne - ** 3/4
World Heavyweight Championship
Jack Swagger (c) vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho - ***
Overall Disc Score: 5.5/10
- The MITB qualifier went a little long and had a ridiculous amount of pinfall attempts, but the bump Ziggler took at the end was sick as fuck and I loved the finish. Edge/Miz was technically fine but nothing memorable. Just an easy rub for Edge on his return.
- AWESOME inclusion on here from the beginning of the Punk/Mysterio feud. It's when Rey brings his family out to the ring to sing Happy Birthday to his daughter Aaliyah. Punk & the S.E.S. come out to interrupt and Punk goes full blown asshole and rips into Rey & his family. It's so fuckin good.
- Every single month on this set has featured a piece about McIntyre where they talk about how much of a roll he was on, how he was handpicked by Vince, his undefeated streak, IC Title reign, etc. So they decide the first match they'll show from him is a squash against The Undertaker... Who's picking this shit? :striker
- 10 man tag had some fun moments and good showings from Shelton, Christian, & Bourne. Funny moment when Bourne goes up top and Todd Grisham says, "Evan Bourne getting high as he loves to do."
Irony. Swagger's cash in is included in full. I still kinda mark out even though his reign was pretty terrible.
Triple Threat World Title match was pretty good, couple nice nearfalls but Swagger looked a little lost whenever he wasn't doing a belly to belly suplex or his running splash.
- Does anyone remember when Edge & Christian switched shows and they tried to turn Edge heel? Oh my god that shit was bad. It's a segment where Christian comes out and basically says hey Edge, you're a liar. You were using the fans. So Edge's response is, you're right! The crowd didn't react whatsoever. Terrible attempt to turn him, terrible inclusion. Disc 3 better have some damn good matches or this set's goin down the shitter.
REDSKINS / WIZARDS