Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

330K views 9K replies 174 participants last post by  Deck The Halls With Funes Mori 
#1 ·
Old thread got too big. Leave the memories alone.

I think MAZACAR deserve to feature in the first post :mata :hazard :bosscar2

:rvp and :javy for carrying United.

:dzeko for saving City.

:suarez1 for just being Suarez.

And finally some BRAVE lads :hesk2 :barry (We need some current BRAVE VILLA smilies)

Let's see if we can kill this thread before the end of the season.

#3,650 ·
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Where attempted murder happens

God™;12423652 said:
Of course he's a world class player but to call him the best player in the league by far is just ridiculous. He is not better than van Persie, who has proven time and time again that he can score big goals in crucial matches. He carried an Arsenal team to third place just last season and has already played an integral part in United being so far ahead of City at the halfway point of this season.

I'd also have Mata above him on performance.
Better arguement.

RVP I adore, he's absolutely one of the best strikers in the world and has as good an end product as anyone in the league, however he's not really the individual Bale is IMO, to a degree he's reliant on service. Bale can just do everything, he's certainly the most complete attacker in the league IMO.

Mata is a good shout, I'd probably have him second to him. He's a class act and has been tremendous this season. I'd just argue that Bale has more about him and is more explosive. Matter of taste I guess, probably was a bit of a stretch to say "by far" but there's certainly no player I'd take over him right now.

The two City players Bananas mentioned, both great, but have had pretty poor seasons by their standards. Kompany is in the same boat.

Please come to United Bale. Please.

#3,651 · (Edited)

Fucking get in you fucking cunts. :javy. tbh i could not have give a shit (kinda) today same with the swansea game lack of sleep/drinking has made be give vitrually zero fucks about football lately. Wondered why the game ended so late just saw the valencia challenge and i thought 2 things, Poor fucking anita and very poor challenge and secondly i was expecting some keano or jumping two few feet off the floor and snapping a leg in half some people really do overreact unless the gif does not do it justice.

Also well in sunderland.

#3,654 ·

Figure WOOLCOCK will be interested by this. Ridiculous really if they want to try and enforce it when the majority of the south west corner sings "we'll stand if we want" during matches. Unless they plan on banning the most vocal area of the stadium.

Also today made me see the downfall of throwing away fans up in the gods. It's understandable since when we gave them the south stand and Wigan brought 50 fans it looked bad but when City sell out their allocation and you get an atmosphere like today I was wishing they would actually have been in a decent place for the fans to have a bit banter. Oh well.

#3,776 ·

Figure WOOLCOCK will be interested by this. Ridiculous really if they want to try and enforce it when the majority of the south west corner sings "we'll stand if we want" during matches. Unless they plan on banning the most vocal area of the stadium.

Also today made me see the downfall of throwing away fans up in the gods. It's understandable since when we gave them the south stand and Wigan brought 50 fans it looked bad but when City sell out their allocation and you get an atmosphere like today I was wishing they would actually have been in a decent place for the fans to have a bit banter. Oh well.
Seen it elsewhere, utterly ridiculous decision. Been told the FSF are looking into it since it seems ridiculous to ban someone for doing something that can't be proven to be unsafe. Just them picking out a random individual to make an example out of and hope it spreads to the others, which it won't. If standing was truly unsafe you'd get games being halted whilst stewards tried to enforce regulations, but they only make an attempt when its a small pocket of fans who they think they can bully and intimidate. There's a reason 200 Bristol City fans will be hassled at Leeds but 500 Millwall or 5,000 Man Utd won't be, the stewards just will not get into that sort of environment because they know they stand no chance and would sooner incite trouble instead of preventing it.

I don't even know why a club like Sunderland bothers with this sort of thing. The South West corner has stood in numbers for years and represents a small pocket of the ground. All the talk about regulations and fines is just a scare tactic to get casual fans onside in pointing out those who stand. No club will be fined or have sections of the ground closed by a Local Council because it cannot be proven that removing the threat of 'persistant standing' is necessary for preserving health and safety. You'd think Sunderland would just leave these lot to it since nothing will ever come about from it rather than alienating a core part of their support which let's be honest they could do with keeping close to them given attendances would very likely drop if they slide down the table. Not a dig on Sunderland per se, just a sad reflection of the typical attitudes of a casual modern day supporter.

Seeing reactions from some United fans reminds me why I don't bother getting caught up in all the hysteria anymore. If we lose we move on to the next game and try to correct the wrongs. Amount of fussing over trivial things annoys me to no end. Its a game of football. Grab a beer or ten, have a laugh, enjoy the atmosphere and just make the most out of the day, win or lose. Your team will still be there next week. Wish more people had the FCUM attitude of just enjoying football and making the most out of a day regardless of the result. Too many things in life that can bring you down without worrying about who's stats represent good value for money and all that jazz. It was an entertaining, chaotic and typical Boxing Day game. United can't be considered champions elect given how inconsistent they are in periods throughout every game as well as the nature of the Premier League these days making it hard to predict any result.

City are a big club in the sense that their money and newfound success is making them the new thing to follow in football, the same way Chelsea found newfound fame around 2004-2006 when Mourinho was at the healm. They're a traditional old school club with the likes of Forest, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Villa and others. They're by no means in the leagues of the elite of European Football in a traditional sense but with how short sighted football is these days to many they're up there with the Madrid's and Milan's of the game just because they're winning trophies and challenging for titles. Liverpool historically are a far bigger and iconic club but in today's world that counts for very little to your average fan who's only concerned with short term results and trophies.

Also seen the Forest manager got sacked yesterday after a 4-2 win at home to Leeds, 8th in the league and a couple of points off the play off spots. This all done supposedly with a thrown together team consisting of numerous loan deals and players leaving. The argument from the foreign owners being that they were concerned at the inconsistency in the results and want short term results. Bonkers decision and the epitome of modern football greed. Poor bloke takes a thrown together team and gets them within touching distance of the playoffs in arguably the most inconsistent and haphazard league and is sacked presumably because they're looking for a bigger name to takeover and raise the image of the club. Cunts.

May as well reward anyone who took the time to read this rambling drivel that you've heard 1000 times before, enjoy:

#3,657 ·

Excellent. Third clean sheet in a row, for me PERSONALLY the best TEAM performance in 12 months, nice to see the high line looking better all the time, nice to see our control of the ball getting better all the time. First-half was frustrating, but for me, we never lost patience and the introduction of Ireland meant Villa had to change their shape. I think for us, it gave us the extra couple of yards we needed to operate and dismember them. I thought the Lloris save from Benteke was both important and great.

Excellent away day!

#3,659 ·

Everyone on TV was saying that they got the Evans OG decision right, yet everyone on here says they were wrong. So what actually is the rule then? When someone is running through on goal the lino's always wait until they touch the ball before putting the flag up. Thought it was a perfectly good goal myself. Great goal by Cisse too, he's BACK!

Can't agree with Man United deserving to win either. We had large spells in the ascendancy and looked the better team for long periods. Definitely deserved a draw, the stats back that up. 16 shots each, 11 on target to Man U's 10 as well as hitting the woodwork twice. It's a cruel game.

Thankfully the word is Big Vurn should be fine to play this weekend. Thought it was a broken leg/ankle at first.

#3,661 ·

Tremendous performance from Stoke. Showed they're far from just a route one team right now. Walters had one of the best individual performances you'll see all season. If that was Mata or Silva then people would be raving about how world class they were. Nzonzi was top quality too.

#3,664 · (Edited)

just watching again on MOTD, dont see how the second goal was given, cisse was clearly interfering with play, by tugging at Evans and making him off balance

edit: ah on second viewing i dont know cant make out who is grabbing who

edit: and that was definitely handball with coloccini

#3,669 ·

just watching again on MOTD, dont see how the second goal was given, cisse was clearly interfering with play, by tugging at Evans and making him off balance

edit: ah on second viewing i dont know cant make out who is grabbing who

edit: and that was definitely handball with coloccini
Evans was doing the pulling, that's clear not sure how it can be denied(thanks Shearer). Correct decision but doesn't make a difference now. RVP shoving Colo in the face and Valencia not sent off. Swings and roundabouts.

Oh, Ba not passing to Cisse who would've had a tap in. I'm shocked :gun:

#3,665 ·

Looking at it again, think the Evans OG shouldn't have stood.

Not sure why everyone's on Evra's case these days. I actually think he's improved significantly defensively in the last month or so while he's been excellent going forward. I was as low on him as anyone heading into the season but he's done okay, wasn't at fault for the goals today at all.

*Edited*

#3,667 ·

Shit, lol, meant shouldn't. And Ninja'd.

Seriously Shearer? What does it matter who's grappling with who? If it's Evans on Cisse that still means he's focused on him and thus it affected him. Biased boring cunt of a man.

#3,668 ·

With MOTD it does look like the 2nd goal shouldn't of stood. Cisse clearly holding Evans back so he is interfering. Shearer trying to justify it is poor, he just said 'Well yes, he is interfering' then says it should stand.

Definite handball as well, Utd got quite a few poor calls today. Not complaining because we did win but once again we had to go against the odds. The first goal could of been stopped as well. I'm interested to see the Valencia tackle since it wasn't shown, can't really find much info on it.

Also, my problem with Evra is yes he is good going forward but his job is a defender and quite frankly he is pretty shite at defending right now. Give Buttner some games, that will give him experience and hopefully make Evra step his game up.

#3,670 ·

With MOTD it does look like the 2nd goal shouldn't of stood. Cisse clearly holding Evans back so he is interfering. Shearer trying to justify it is poor, he just said 'Well yes, he is interfering' then says it should stand.

Definite handball as well, Utd got quite a few poor calls today. Not complaining because we did win but once again we had to go against the odds. The first goal could of been stopped as well. I'm interested to see the Valencia tackle since it wasn't shown, can't really find much info on it.

Also, my problem with Evra is yes he is good going forward but his job is a defender and quite frankly he is pretty shite at defending right now. Give Buttner some games, that will give him experience and hopefully make Evra step his game up.
Aside from his debut, Buttner has been nothing short of woeful in every game he's played.

#3,672 ·

Great advert for english football today. We may of been beaten, and it was a bitter defeat to take, but thats how to go at the team i believe will be champions elect.

Thats whats great about the EPL at this moment in time, none of the big 3 are firing on all cylinders, yet still play some beautiful football at times.... infact the best player in the premiership, on form and in my opinion is a left back - Leighton Baines - and the second best also being a left sided player, Gareth Bale.... Only in the premiership.

If we play how we did today, with Ben Arfa & Cabaye to come back, we will be more than alright.

#3,680 ·

If de Gea conceded that sunderland he would be slaughtered for that
It's because Hart is englands darling. Gets a free pass when he cocks up, and praised to the moon for simple saves.

So over-rated by the British media

#3,681 ·

Stop blaming evra and start blaming the cb's, keeper and right back all to blame if not more alot of the time.
Indeed. As much as I love Rafael/Evans/Rio they get a free pass a lot of the time mainly because Evra is such an easy scapegoat.

De Gea is still a complete liability at times, he's Al Habsi at a big club. Don't even get me started in how blind some United fans are to his flaws, it's impossible to comprehend. I'd rather we stuck with Lindegaard, find him much more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.