Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!
View Single Post
post #2049 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Andre
BLACK MARKET SMILIES

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Van Persieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

A decade of Wigan in the Premier League would be quite a depressing indication of what modern football is all about, for me anyway. Bank rolled up the leagues, no history, playing on a rugby pitch and 'supported' by a town that is apathetic towards football. I can't remember the club ever having produced any decent youth players either.

Look at Southampton as an example of (what I would call) a proper small/medium sized club. A good loyal core fan base, a respectable history, the production of copious amounts of talented young players and a great approach towards how they play the game (especially in recent times). It's sad to think that the premier league was deprived of a club like that for seven years while Wigan took their place. The only thing that I have against the Saints is that they left the Dell which was an awesome football ground.

Obviously these are just my opinions, I'm not trying to say that other people shouldn't like Wigan.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome