Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Australian radio hosts impersonate the Queen, leading to apparent suicide.

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #46 (permalink)
AJ

AJ 1501 - 2000AJ 1501 - 2000AJ 1501 - 2000AJ 1501 - 2000AJ 1501 - 2000AJ 1501 - 2000AJ 1501 - 2000AJ 1501 - 2000AJ 1501 - 2000AJ 1501 - 2000AJ 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Australian radio hosts impersonate the Queen, leading to apparent suicide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
I think there are radio protocols, both in Australia and the UK, which state that it is illegal to unwittingly record someone's voice and broadcast it on air without their prior consent. Or something like that. I'm too busy to do the research.

I don't blame the DJs, but my heart does go out to the nurse. Who knows what she was experiencing beforehand, in all walks of her life. And then to go through being duped on a royal scale, the intense public ridicule that followed and to face the prospect of losing her job, her livelihood and her means to support her family must have all been too much.

I get it, it was a joke. But you never can be quite sure of the mental state of the target of said joke, and how they will react - which is why "respect" policies are now omnipresent in all organisations of the western world, hanging in every boardroom and scrolling across every screensaver on every computer in every office cubicle. Someone should be held accountable, and at least cop a rap on the knuckles. And, because it is Austereo, who pollute the Australian airwaves by broadcasting the most crass and fatuous bogan bilge known to mankind, I'd love to see the company go down in flames. Not that that's ever going to happen.

I also think it is high time we realise that comedy doesn't always have to come at someone else's expense. Laughter isn't always slaughter without the S.
I agree, well said/put.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote