Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #10407 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 AM
jonoaries
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I'll do Malenko/Guerrero while I have a lot of time today...they will be reviewed in the order I watch them, not in the order of when they happened.

-ECW TV 2/3 falls match (their last match in ECW) ****. This match has practically no strikes, very few punches and kicks...if any at all. I dislike the draw finish but it was a spectacular match. Plenty of mat work from both guys. Hold and counter-hold, a chess match of sorts on the ground. Good atmosphere, very receptive and knowledgeable of the maneuvers.

-Hostile City Showdown ***1/2: Guerrero's agility and mat ability combined is an awesome sight. I spilled my cereal at Malenko pulling out a flying head scissor...I'd never seen him do anything like that before. The match was fairly even until Malenko started working the knee and the pace slowed down considerably when Malenko took over, his offense is more methodical and submission. A match where both guys got to set and reset the pace and the other guy was able to keep up. Some pretty good nearfalls with Malenko's Northern Lights Suplex bridge (which was awesome) and Guerrero's Frog Splash.

Guerrero's offense is crowd pleasing in contrast to the workman style of Malenko, his ability to mix up high flying with the mat style. Wasn't a fan of the 30 minute draw but a great TV match. Well worked, but they could have sped the pace up a bit, I suppose its part of Malenko's style to slow the match a lot but within a time limit that can be troublesome. Good match though.
Will review another ECW match and a few (or one) of their WCW matches later on.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome