Wrestling Forum banner

Contradiction in Mods' rules.

2K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  HitMark 
#1 ·
I'm new here and read the rules and saw a contradiction in what the mods say. They say that you cannot open a thread that has been discussed numerous times before, but you cannot also bump up threads older than a week. So basically if I want to discuss that has been discussed before, I cannot open a thread, but if I find a thread that is what I'm looking for but is older than a week, I cannot comment on it and if someone thinks I did it for no reason, then I might get a warning.
So what am i to do?
P.S is rep a serious matter or not, because the rules said no and members seem to think it's a big deal.

#2 ·
If it's been discussed a lot recently (a week or two ago) then why open a new thread? Just go and read that thread. If you have something completely new and original to offer then that would warrant a new thread anyway.

Any confusion can usually be dispersed with a little bit of common sense.

And rep is deadly serious stuff.

#4 ·
They come round to your house with baseball bats. Then they play baseball on your front lawn for a few minutes before asking if you have a fanta.

That common sense thing I mentioned, it's quite easy to apply. Why not just post in current and existing threads until you have been here a while and see how things roll?

You could also find out who the mod is for the section you want to bump or start a thread in and shoot them a short PM asking if it's okay.

What's the subject that you urgently need to discuss anyway?

#5 ·
If there's a thread on your topic from the past week or 2 then just check that thread. There's no need to post repeat threads every few weeks because it knocks more original threads off the first page and users get bored of the same topic being recycled all the time. Just use a bit of common sense. If your topic has been posted and discussed recently then there's no need to post it again, just read that thread.

#8 ·
It's funny, because I see a new ''Best wrestler to never win a world title'' thread every week and it never gets deleted. Maybe if you would allow to bump threads like these, we wouldn't have a new one for this topic every week?

#11 ·
Did you not read what the mod said?

It's only worth bumping if you have a news update. Your opinion is not a news update, so I don't see why it's so important to bump an old thread and bury newer ones that are still active just because you want your opinion to be seen.

Sometimes it's best just to forget about it.

#15 ·
Dude wtf is the point of a forum if you can't express a opinion? The people that run this place are fucking retarded I swear...."oh noes this post is a week old I better not comment on it or else a mod will spank me"

Here's a idea....let people discuss things on a discussion forum....who cares if its old news or not if its worth commenting on then let it be and stfu....oh but I'm sure that's not gonna happen tho because we got these ignorant dickhead mods runnin this joint.

#12 ·
Bumping is posting rubbish in a historic thread just to get it up on the first page.

If you've got sensible comment to add on an older thread and the thread itself is relevant to current topics then I'm sure the mods would have no problem in adding to the thread, that is not bumping.

#18 ·
The reason for the bumping rule is simple. This is a very active forum and it wouldn't be fair to new threads. New threads would get thrown to the back due to excessive bumping of dead discussion. There's a 7 day rule on bumping in the wrestling sections so it's more than enough time to post your opinion. If it's a news thread, and there's additional news pertaining to the topic, just PM a staff member and ask if the topic can be bumped so you can post the additional news.

#23 ·
I'm actually more surprised that he read the rules and this wasn't a topic asking why his sig was missing on Monday night.

To O.P., if your opinion really hasn't been said before by other posters, you'll probably be fine. But if it is, for example, a topic on Shelton Benjamin and you want to say that you think he is really athletic and cool, you should probably not post that as it has had to have been said 13 times previously in the thread by other members.

#25 ·
I don't mean to anger or bait anyone. All I have understood is like "it's gonna be ok, use you gut instinct, do what feels right, make a wish and take a chance, if we like what you did, it's fine, if not, then we'll close the thread or give you a warning".
Nothing specific or concrete. I have been on other forums. This one seems a lot strict. I just want to how to navigate forward properly. Not piss off any mods or admins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.