Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#2,877 ·
Re: NBA Thread: 12/13 Season - Are the Warriors for real?

Paul George has been great in the month of December and that's been a real big reason why. He had a two or three week stretch where he was putting up something like 25/9/5 on 50+% shooting. His numbers have gone down in the past week or so, but his rise has been a key reason. Them having the #1 defense in the NBA certainly helps as well.

#2,881 ·

why does literally no one show Kobe any love? Is it because of how bad the Lakers are doing? Think how much worse they would be without him.

his. season. has. been. fucking. ridiculous. just. fucking. take. into. perspective. what. he's. doing. in. his. SEVENTEENTH. SEASON.

#2,886 ·

why does literally no one show Kobe any love? Is it because of how bad the Lakers are doing? Think how much worse they would be without him.
I think it is just a case of people taking greatness for granted after you see it for so long. It's like, what can Kobe do now that makes people say "wow!" He already has multiple championships, all-star appearance, an 81-point game, etc. It's like the norm for him to play crazy & I think sometimes people sort of forget just how good he really is.

#2,883 ·

there is no machine that operates like he can. through all the fucking injuries and incredible minutes he is still playing like a superstar with no real signs of a huge regression. Fucking Wade regressed faster than he did.

#2,887 ·

The Toronto Raptors are expected to trade Andrea Bargnani before the end of the 2012-13 season.

One source close to the situation said Friday that Bargnani is "a lock to be moved."

Bargnani has two years and $22 million left on his contract.
:cheer :cheer

The Boston Celtics and Detroit Pistons are two teams that have made it clear they are highly interested in DeMarcus Cousins if and when he becomes available, according to front office sources.

Still, Cousins assuredly has plenty more teams interested in acquiring him from the Sacramento Kings.
:cuss: :cuss: :gun:

#2,888 ·

Good

KG would be a good mentor

LolPistons

#2,889 ·

Cousins is a lost cause. He was a headcase at Kentucky, he's a headcase in Sacramento, hell, the guy was a headcase at the Olympics training camp.

I fail to see how Doc Rivers or KG will change anything. Gortat is the better option, as the asking price will probably be lower than what Sacramento wants for Cousins, he's a better fit for the team and probably a better player.

#2,920 ·

The answer to the question is Josh Smith since he's been snubbed so many times. Soon the answer will be Gay as he is never getting in with Durant/Griffin/Love/etc.

Cousins is a lost cause. He was a headcase at Kentucky, he's a headcase in Sacramento, hell, the guy was a headcase at the Olympics training camp.

I fail to see how Doc Rivers or KG will change anything. Gortat is the better option, as the asking price will probably be lower than what Sacramento wants for Cousins, he's a better fit for the team and probably a better player.

Smart is shit, they have no good vets, and theirs owners are retarded. Cousins would be fine if there was someone with authority around him that could put him in his place and talk down to him and make sure he's not a moron 24/7. don't go ahead and call him a lost cause already. :kobe

#2,893 ·

MAGIC.

you a bitch.

calling you out.

not really.

but you said you more wanted content in this thread, and less one-line posts about the favorite teams, etc...and such.

so anyway, EVERYONE, let's discuss a topic. who is the best player to never make an all-star team? let's say modern times, so just players drafted in 2002 or recent.

#2,904 ·

MAGIC.

you a bitch.

calling you out.

not really.

but you said you more wanted content in this thread, and less one-line posts about the favorite teams, etc...and such.

so anyway, EVERYONE, let's discuss a topic. who is the best player to never make an all-star team? let's say modern times, so just players drafted in 2002 or recent.
Who is that fine ass mami in your sig bro? DAYUM.

#2,897 · (Edited)

I'd consider anyone in the NBA to still be considered in "modern times," so my vote goes to Lamar Odom.

Conforming to your criteria, I'd say Ben Gordon ('06-'08), Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, Kevin Martin, Monta Ellis, Rudy Gay, etc...

There's some other guys that are just starting to really show what they can be (Holiday/Curry/LARRY SANDERS/etc.)

Edit: Roy had a setback with his knees and is out for an unknown amount of time.

#2,898 ·

Martin and Monta never really were All-Star caliber players, they just scored a lot of points on mediocre teams, especially Monta.

Odom only had one season where I think he could've been an All-Star and that was 2010-11.

#2,900 ·

2010-11? Why?

'00-'01: 17.2 Points, 7.8 Rebounds, 5.2 Assists, 1 Steal, 1.6 Blocks
'03-'04: 17.1 Points, 9.7 Rebounds, 4.1 Assists, 1.1 Steals. 0.6 Blocks
'06-'07: 15.9 Points, 9.8 Rebounds, 4.8 Assists, 0.9 Steals, 0.6 Blocks

There's a couple of years where he averaged 10+ rebounds, but his scoring and assist numbers weren't at up to par with some of his other great years.

Edit: IDK, I was just going through lists of drafted players and mentioning anyone who have had good numbers. Could make a case for Brook Lopez as well, I suppose.

#2,902 ·

2010-11? Why?

'00-'01: 17.2 Points, 7.8 Rebounds, 5.2 Assists, 1 Steal, 1.6 Blocks
'03-'04: 17.1 Points, 9.7 Rebounds, 4.1 Assists, 1.1 Steals. 0.6 Blocks
'06-'07: 15.9 Points, 9.8 Rebounds, 4.8 Assists, 0.9 Steals, 0.6 Blocks

There's a couple of years where he averaged 10+ rebounds, but his scoring and assist numbers weren't at up to par with some of his other great years.

Edit: IDK, I was just going through lists of drafted players and mentioning anyone who have had good numbers. Could make a case for Brook Lopez as well, I suppose.
Ok yeah I'll give you 03-04. Forgot all about that season, that was probably the best year of his career when he led the Heat on that playoff run. Wade gets all the credit but he was a rookie and wasn't the Wade that everyone knows him as then, Odom was the best player on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.