Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Hobbit Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
TripleG
Largest arms in the world, BROTHER!

TripleG is probably liked by SeabsTripleG is probably liked by SeabsTripleG is probably liked by SeabsTripleG is probably liked by SeabsTripleG is probably liked by SeabsTripleG is probably liked by SeabsTripleG is probably liked by SeabsTripleG is probably liked by SeabsTripleG is probably liked by SeabsTripleG is probably liked by SeabsTripleG is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: The Hobbit Discussion Thread

My sister summed it up perfectly.

She brought this up to me, so I'll use it here. Remember that line that Bilbo has in Fellowship?

"I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread"

That is exactly how I feel about this new trilogy. In LOTR, they cut out a lot of stuff, and each film was still over three hours, but that was because they had a lot of material to work with, and it was much easier to pull off without losing sight of the story.

The Hobbit, in of itself, is shorter than one of the three books in LOTR. So their plan is to stretch it out for three three hour movies? How the hell are they going to stretch that out for that long? What kind of stuff are they going to make up to pad the holy hell out of this? That is really my only intrigue in seeing this. I am curious to see what the hell they use to pad this shit.

But I am certainly not going to see this in theaters. I put my time into Middle Earth already. I'm done. Maybe I'll check it out when it is on video or something. But goddamn, one relatively short book (my copy is only 260 pages or so) stretched out to three 3 hour movies? That is just absurd.

NXT TAKEOVER 2 REVIEW & NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS PPV PREVIEW

TripleG is online now   Reply With Quote